Self-service item restoration blues

(Locked)

85 Worgen Druid
I have put in a request via self-service item restoration.These items which I am requesting for a restore were disenchanted ones so it needs to be reviewed.I understand that.But it has been 2 days since the ticket is in queue with no activity done on that.

After I am being put through a wait time of 30 days (for the self-service item restoration to open) why am i supposed to wait so long for any action to be taken on my restoration request ?.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Because other people are also waiting on item restorations.
14 Blood Elf Priest
08/09/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Worgruid
Is there any link ?

A link to what? How long it will take?

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-item-restoration
When will I receive the restoration for my disenchanted items?
Restorations for disenchanted items will need to be reviewed by Customer Support. A ticket will be automatically submitted through the web form and the restoration will be delivered to your in-game mailbox when the review is complete. The amount of time the review takes will depend on the number of tickets in our queue.
Support Forum Agent
08/09/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Worgruid
After I am being put through a wait time of 30 days (for the self-service item restoration to open) why am i supposed to wait so long for any action to be taken on my restoration request ?.

To be clear there isn't a 30 day wait time, there is a 30 day cooldown. There is a difference, as you are able to use the Item Restoration service if you need to, but you may only do so once in a 30 day period.

The one thing I have noticed is if I open an ingame ticket it gets resolved faster whereas it takes a longggg time if I open it from the wow website.
Is there any link ?

Queue times fluctuate based on the issue and how many other tickets may be in queue as well. You may receive a response through an in-game petition faster than you are using the Item Restoration service, but you would also not be able to have such a restoration done through an in-game ticket.

Restoring an item that has been disenchanted is not a simple matter and therefore requires a bit of time to process. Such issues are put into a queue with other similar investigations and don't share the same queue as a standard petition may.

Queue times for such restorations are currently a little over a day so you will likely have the matter resolved fairly soon.
90 Troll Druid
08/10/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Lightbringr
Really bad service.../sigh

How is waiting in a line bad service?
90 Gnome Warlock
Still no action done.

You disenchanted items that you didn't mean to, Blizzard didn't do that. You should be happy they offer to restore things at all. They don't have to.
90 Blood Elf Priest
And do you have the mats you got from the DE in your possession? You won't get a restoration if you don't.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/10/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Lightbringr
when a service was offered by Blizzard if it was not done properly..it is still a bad service.

Not being completed on YOUR expected time-table is not the same thing as not being done properly.

You're in line, even if you can't see it, with every other player who has a ticket in for a GM to handle. When a GM gets to your ticket, he or she will review it, do the necessary research and restore your items, removing the enchanting materials. When that is complete, it will have been done properly.

Not as fast as desired. But properly according to all information provided on how it will be done.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Still no action done.

You can log into the game, right? That is what you're paying for, everything else is a 'perk'. Instead of being bent about having to wait your turn, try being greatful that Blizzard has a system in place to fix your mistake.
90 Gnome Warlock
08/10/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Lightbringr
try being greatful that Blizzard

I am not a fanboy for me to be "greatful"
This is customer support forums and not general btw.

Anyway consider this thread closed as the issue has been finally resolved

You don't have to be a "fanboy" to be greatful, just human. The bottom line is that they don't have to offer any kind of restoration at all, they do so and even created a feature so that we can help ourselves do it (disenchanted items still require a GM). You however just want to complain, not even stopping to think that Blizzard is actually doing you a favor.
18 Troll Priest
08/10/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Lightbringr
when a service was offered by Blizzard if it was not done properly..it is still a bad service.

How is it not done properly?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The reason why it is not done properly is probably base on the current way it is being handled. Before this was instituted I would be able to get something restored in a few hours bye calling in or even contacting an in-game GM. I have been waiting over 24 hours for an item restore. That is kind of long. Now i hear it may be up to 72 hours. Something has to be implemented in game to give us the ability to buy back the disenchant within a specific time period. A vendor or a feature within enchanting. Currently there is not even a check to make sure if you want something to be disenchanted. They do it for items being destroyed what is the difference between destroying and disenchanting at the end of they day both items are gone. It is easier to restore an item that you destroy and the game asks you are you sure and makes you type in delete. I feel if you delete and item it should not be restored since you physically have to type in delete. I accidentally clicked on my weapon slot and disenchanted my Malevolent weapon. That is another thing that should not be able to happen. You should only be able to disenchant from your bags. There was no check saying this is an epic piece of gear are you sure you want to do that. At any rate less time is always better. I like the old way better. At least you had an idea how long it will take. The new way you have no listed queue indicating where you are. No estimated time counting down. It can be improved and should be.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Deathmyster, please check the dates before you post. The OP is not checking the thread anymore.
Edited by Ravenhawke on 12/5/2012 3:38 PM PST
69 Orc Death Knight
There's a channel time for disenchanting. Incidentally, the wait time is due to GMs having to review it -- you'd be waiting that long anyway.
Support Forum Agent
12/05/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Deathmyster
Before this was instituted I would be able to get something restored in a few hours bye calling in or even contacting an in-game GM.

Phone support is specifically for Billing and Technical issues, In-Game matters such as item restoration cannot generally be addressed by calling.

How long it may take is directly related to how long the current queue times were. If it took only a few hours, that was because the current queue times were only a few hours long.

I have been waiting over 24 hours for an item restore. That is kind of long. Now i hear it may be up to 72 hours.

If you were doing a simple restore it would be near instant. However, disenchanted items require a manual review. Thus, you technically are contacting In-Game support for your item restoration, just through a different medium.

Please close the secondary ticket you put in, it is not necessary as you already have one in through the Item Restoration system.

Something has to be implemented in game to give us the ability to buy back the disenchant within a specific time period. A vendor or a feature within enchanting.

It is not so simple, otherwise something would be. The way disenchants work and especially restorations, these requests need to go through the processes they currently do.

Currently there is not even a check to make sure if you want something to be disenchanted. They do it for items being destroyed what is the difference between destroying and disenchanting at the end of they day both items are gone.

No, there is not. Most enchanters disenchant multiple items at the same time. A confirmation box for each and every disenchant would be... tedious. Not to mention that disenchanting an item is not instant, like destroying an item is. There is a cast bar so that you do have a chance to interrupt the choice.

While a confirmation box is nice it is not necessarily appropriate for every single decision that your character may make. Otherwise this would become the World of "are you sure?" craft. We encourage you to use caution when selling, disenchanting or destroying an item. If you make a mistake, to a certain degree, those mistakes may be able to be corrected, but it is not always instant.

If you wish to otherwise provide feedback regarding the same and the systems associated with it you are welcome to post that feedback in the relevant forum. For this matter the General Discussion forum would be best.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]