Server Merge...

I know this has been done in the past, but would it be possible to somehow work out a server merge between some of the lower population servers? Nath has turned into a desolace of a server. Without a decent population the functionality of the game itself is extremely diminished. If we get enough people asking/agreeing with this post, is this something Blizzard can make happen.

- Day 1 or 2 member....

PS.. I know xfering to a different server is an option, but moving EVERY char one by one is just not a viable option for most people...
Reply Quote
A few problems you need to look at when the topic of server mergeing comes up.

1. Taking a community of maybe happy players and putting them with us..We aren't exactly the friendliest group.

2. Guild names. Pretty sure a lot of guilds on this server have very common names, ex. Synergy, Paradise Lost, etc. You'd then have to change the name of one of those guilds. You cant have two of the same.

3. Character names. Probably the biggest issue for Server merging. We are literally gonna have tons of people named "Fedas", bro has like 200 fanboys that snatched his name on every server. You'd have to choose who has to change their name.

Ok so lets recap, server merging will not work, just pay the $25 for each character to transfer, or if you refuse to pay that little amount of money then stay on nath and stop complaining.

U mirin' my logic brah?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I wouldn't mind a server merge. I don't think a thread of posters would have any impact (for or against). It's always gloomy at the end of an expac where the few people who play have gotten bored or decided to let the their subs slip until the next expansion. Keep your chin up.

MoP might bring us back to a med-pop server... maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Guild/character names are the biggest problem I can think of.

How would you decide who keeps the guild name? Just go by who's been around the longest? So if I have an alt guild that I only use for its gbank vs a very respected/established guild on the other server, and my alt guild is one day older, does the other guild lose its name? That would kinda suck.

I went with option 3: level new toons on the other server. Money don't grow on trees and all that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The only way to do something like that would be (whats killed Nath in the first place) free xfers to or from Nath. Nath being so dead, it would likely be free xfers off. I love Nath but i dont think we will ever have our glory days back. Ill never forget old Nath, nor do i ever expect to find another I shall love as much, but that Nath is gone forever...
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
LOL
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
08/10/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Prìncessbg
ALSO FAT GIRLS ON HORDE THAT ENJOY DRAMA.

And cake with their drama... a lot... of cake.
Reply Quote
Poor Nath. Everytime I log on there are a good 20 people in Org. On a good day. Gotta love the AH.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Bouren
PS.. I know xfering to a different server is an option, but moving EVERY char one by one is just not a viable option for most people...

Seriously, still have a bunch of characters on Nath :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
08/10/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Serabi

Seriously, still have a bunch of characters on Nath :/

You plan on leveling them? I have a (lol) 30 Prot Warrior and want bro's to level him with.
Reply Quote
All characters still on this server are level 85 and not high on the priority list for leveling in Mists :/

and Alliance
Edited by Serabi on 8/10/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
All characters still on this server are level 85 and not high on the priority list for leveling in Mists :/

and Alliance

Sorry should have been clear, the Warrior is Alli.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
............................................................................ My names are very important to me but having more arena partners is like 10x more value to me.

Not going to transfer unless its free.

Definitely not re rolling.

9 85s on nath going for all 10 classes. BoA / Currency all in one place, all professions on one server is something I enjoy. I played Lineage II and one character was more work than 10 on world of warcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Allow the person who created the name first keep it, the other person can use Ñ weird characters like that in the name. I don't see Nathrezim being that fun to play on if its a pain in to find enough people to do endgame content.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
It's getting better with the cross realm zones. I'm sure they'll only continue to improve it through MoP.

Have faith ye fair players.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Cross-Realm zoning is their answer for this. It brings its own problems, but we'll see how it plays out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I say Abolish the server merging...its annoying and really irking the hell out of alot of people...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]