REMATCH: Gurubashi Arena, Mon, Aug 13th @ 9pm

90 Undead Priest
<Shard>(H) will be hosting a rematch on Monday the 13th @ 9pm server of the Darkmoon Fair deathmatch that took place on Monday the 6th. This event will take place in the Gurubashi Arena, the winner of which will be given an 8/8H Dragon Soul clear (grants the title: Savior of Azeroth) with all the loot they can carry*. Alliance players can either choose to transfer to redeem their reward or simply participate to keep us evil Horde from winning! To win the Deathmatch, you must be able to provide proof that you looted the chest (screenshot/video or an achievement update in your toons newsfeed (this will not likely show if you have completed the Achievement "Gurubashi Arena Grand Master")

Our goal with this event is to continue to bring together our server's community together with some fun competition and decent rewards. The last event was wildly sucessful and we are looking forward to another event that will hopefully be bug/controversy free. However because of the controversy that surrounded the last deathmatch we are attempting to rerun this in a location less likely to cause difficulties (due to the nature of the raised platform, the DMF location is just not ideal as it allows players under it). Please be aware that both logs and videos will be run of the event and anyone caught cheating or otherwise making themselves un-targetable, you will not be eligible to win this award.

The Winner of the death match can either participate in the 8/8H run or go die on every pull and collect loot later. People asking to participate will be required to have teamspeak 3, be able to follow simple directions and a DPS or Healing spec. The award will be given on Wednesday the 15th or 22nd (raid time is 7:15 server-10:00pm).

When the award run is given depends on raid attendance at the time given that August is a very popular vacation month.

For more information, questions or suggestions Speak with Poena of <Shard>

*There will be some limitations on loot you can roll on. A full list will be posted by August 2nd. Expect rare drop items such as rings/trinkets to be off limits as well as the occasional low drop items for us (wand off Zonozz).
The list:
Rare Drop items that never drop
Cunning of the Cruel
Signet of Suturing
Breathstealer Band
Bone-Link Fetish

And items that almost never drop.
Janglespur Jackboots
Wrath of Unchaining
Heart of Unliving
Finger of Zon'ozz
Gloves of Liquid Smoke

F.A.Q.s
Can I win on one character, but take another for the run?
Yes. Maybe you PvP on your Alliance toon but want to get some phat loots for your Horde Toon. As long as the winner confirms with us the name of the player they would like the award to go too, we will honor their choice.

Can I give my prize to another person
Absolutely. 410's make great gifts! Like the previous question, as long as the winner confirms with us the name of the player they would like the award to go too, we will honor their choice.

Can I has everything?!?!?
As long as the items you want aren't on our item blacklist (to be posted Aug 2nd), then you can absolutely have anything your class can use and you have a desire for.

Can I team up with anyone?
Totally. Hire a team of merc's or gather your best buds to help you win. Do whatever it takes to win (that's within the ToS).

Can I has Elementium Gem Cluster???
Maybe. If you will complete a tier of the weapon, we will do it to help you out. However if this is just clusters ~12 of 60, or Shadowy Gem ~60 of 333, then no we won't give them to you. Clusters will be agreed upon in a case-by-case basis.

Drama? What drama?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396386

Why do you hate me Poe?
I don't. Likely, I don't even know you as I rarely participate in anything outside my guild. Which is the goal of this event... to bring the servers community together a bit more and open conversation amongst people.
Edited by Poena on 8/8/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Why do you hate me Poe?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/07/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Glacios
Why do you hate me Poe?

Cause you look sexier in Orange than I do :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
3.5 days away!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The countdown begins.

Going to try and get some Shard peeps together just to kill Inufision and even out the horde/alliance ratio in the arena... Should be epic!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The countdown begins.

Going to try and get some Shard peeps together just to kill Inufision and even out the horde/alliance ratio in the arena... Should be epic!

We aren't going to participate this time around.

#1. The hacking kinda took the fun out of it
#2. We kinda took the fun out of it with 35+ of us at the beginning with only 4 deaths.
#3. I'll be watching to see If there's anyone worth giving a run.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Crap. Infusion's out? /cancelsubscription
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll be there with the spectators... should be another great event!
Reply Quote
60 Orc Death Knight
The countdown begins.

#2. We kinda took the fun out of it with 35+ of us at the beginning with only 4 deaths.

In other words, Infusion is not as awesome as the Magical Pony Guild?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

In other words, Infusion is not as awesome as the Magical Pony Guild?

Wait, Devo you're in Infusion, this is weird.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The tentative winner is Emmawatson!!!

Hopefully nothing Fishy pop's up this time!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I'd like to point out two clear "hacking" violations made by the "winner":
  • Shaman are an inferior class
  • I didn't win, thus hax

I commission you to review the results and declare me the rightful winner and King of WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Community Poll. Tauren or Goblin.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Goblin. Rocket Jump + Ghost Wolf = win. Next question.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Don't be silly. The proper answer is troll.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bald female orc seems to be the logical one actually.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]