Flying Trainer in MoP

90 Tauren Paladin
How much does it cost for flying training in MoP? I heard there are two you buy but they don't unlock until you are 90. Just interested in the cost of the two so I can make sure I have enough gold once I hit 90.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I answered my own question. I had a guild mate with MoP log in and check the prices:

2.5K for flying once you hit 90.
10K for serpent riding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I answered my own question. I had a guild mate with MoP log in and check the prices:

2.5K for flying once you hit 90.
10K for serpent riding.
Nice. Let the complaints begin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
what flying speed is that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd rather complain about them nerfing What a strange long trip its been.

inb4 goldsinks argument
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd rather complain about them nerfing What a strange long trip its been.

inb4 goldsinks argument

If you're referring to the removal of Expert Riding from the achievement reward, it's not a nerf, just a clarification. The achievement no longer rewards Expert Riding, however, the Violet Proto-Drake teaches Expert Riding to the character the first time he/she mounts it (once that character is level appropriate).

Dunno if it does this. I'll log the beta and test in a second.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
soooo

08/08/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Antiwipe
what flying speed is that?

or is it just to gain access to those flying mounts
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/08/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Aalari
10K for serpent riding.

Holy !@#$.
I cannot even get 5k for Artisan riding.
Jeez blizz :/
10k. REALLY?
Well. I guess I won't be getting a cloud serpent mount after all.
There goes one of my favorite parts of MoP. :/

If you really wanted it, you would simply save your gold until you could afford it.

I do agree, however, that 10k is rather outlandish for the types of people Blizz has seemingly been designing the game for these passed few years.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
10,000 gold for serpent riding?

Your guild mate sure about that? You're supposed to be granted it when you reach exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent, along with one of three cloud serpent mounts. No price tag, far as I'm aware.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Hmm, it was at the trainer for 10K. I wonder why it would be different from something that is free:) Free I like:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No. Violet proto drake does not give you 310% mount speed anymore
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
08/08/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Belaran
Hmm, it was at the trainer for 10K. I wonder why it would be different from something that is free:) Free I like:)

What trainer did he go to? I just visited the flying trainer and they only offer me the one for flying in Pandaria, nothing for cloud serpents. Though to be fair I'm on my level 86 character.

Maybe its offered there as well, but you have to pay, or you have to farm rep with the OotCS and get it for free. As there are a number of other cloud serpents you can get from elsewhere that still require the serpent riding, it'd be a good middleground.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
What trainer did he go to?

It's in the jade forest. You have to do the serpent dailies for it to open up at the quartermaster. As MoP is in beta, the price is subject to change I would imagine.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
10k for Serpent Riding? Seriously Blizz? I don't mind forking over the gold, but come on, next I'll need to pay to ride my mechanostrider.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]