Alliance...your not getting Dalaran

85 Gnome Warrior
I understand that the Alliance want Jaina to take head position of Dalaran so they can side with the Alliance, however, Despite jaina being a powerful Wizard she is not a Kirin tor member, but i am so shocked that this post was on Wowiki.com

Jaina is later to be revealed the new leader of the Kirin Tor as Rhonin's successor, but she will not be leading as a neutral party due to the fact that the orcs destroyed Theramore Isle Jaina see's a new light with a new antagonism towards orcs. The reason why Rhonin stepped down is unknown.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rhonin

So does the Horde permanently loses Dalaran? if so where will horde be able to go in Northend? What of Rhonin? How does Jaina step up from being a powerful mage leader in theromore to the full blown leader of the Kirin Tor???

I don't like this turn of events for Jaina its escalating way too fast for the Lore fans like myself. Just too much with too little time. They are doing the same thing they did with Thrall except with Jaina now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
WoWwiki is dead. So you know. They may have updated it but we have to wait until the book is out.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
http://www.wowpedia.org/Rhonin

Yeah, that WoWWiki entry has no backing, I still say Dalaran is going to the Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Northrend's Dalaran is not going anywhere. Its locked in time. The real Dalaran CAN head elsewhere, and it SHOULD become Alliance for what the Sunreavers will do.

At the very least, the Horde will lose the right to deal with Dalaran.
Edited by Resileaf on 8/8/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Yeah..i mean i side with both sides in this fight, but i couldn't see this go on with Jaina all of a sudden going spartan kick Rhonin from Dalaran to become leader. I mean she is getting way too much spotlight then if this was the case. Varian or any faction leader will do..not Jaina...she is just something i dont believe can take the Thrall spotlight.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/08/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Terroh
if so where will horde be able to go in Northend?

Warsong Hold
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are sound files of Jaina talking about how the Kirin Tor chose her to replace Rhonin, I don't think anyone knows why he left or where he is going, but she is going to take Rhonin's place apparently.

Edit: "It is that I think, above all else, that led to the Kirin Tor choosing me as Rhonin's successor."
Edited by Larika on 8/8/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well it would actually make sense because she was the last leader's apprentice long before Rhonin stepped into the picture. She would of probably succeeded Antinodas If she didn't go off and do her own thing instead of coming back to Dalaran when it was rebuilt. As for Dalaran not being off limits to the Horde that is a huge mechanic issue I know blizzard is to lazy to solve so I doubt it will happen :P.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I don't think it will give Jaina too much spotlight, considering almost every Alliance character got so much neglect during Cataclysm that this is more compensation than anything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I think it's time they revamp Outland and Northrend for Alliance to have Dalaran and the two High Elven camps in Crystalsong can expand to larger camp like cities, much like the Horde/Alliance cities in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
Dalaran could stay neutral in Northrend but be Alliance-aligned in the EK/Kalimdor, similar to how leveling in Northrend, a character still fights Arthas as the Lich King despite the fact that he's now dead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think they have given up trying to keep the time-line consistent in game. I mean, there is talk about how the Lich King died all over the place 1-60, but you still go see him in Northrend. They could just have a 'The Kirin Tor recently joined the Alliance' and keep Northrend in its own time-loop. (They should just put Chromie as the transport to Outlands/Northrend and have him say 'You're going back to witness the events of the past!')
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
08/08/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Xarduss
Well it would actually make sense because she was the last leader's apprentice long before Rhonin stepped into the picture. She would of probably succeeded Antinodas If she didn't go off and do her own thing instead of coming back to Dalaran when it was rebuilt. As for Dalaran not being off limits to the Horde that is a huge mechanic issue I know blizzard is to lazy to solve so I doubt it will happen :P.

Its not a mechanic issue. Northrend is locked in time, unnaffected by what happens in the story. Dalaran can stay there and still be elsewhere because that Dalaran is the Dalaran of Wrath, not of Mists of Pandaria.

And no, they will not revamp Northrend and Outland because doing so would be the worst thing that could happen to WoW. What are you going to do in either place when there are no threats to take care of anywhere there? Its locked in time. Its part of the past, but you still do things in it because removing it would make leveling in either zone an absolute bore.
Edited by Resileaf on 8/8/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Well there is also the problem that it could cause confusion for lower lvl characters going through quest...but i dont think that has ever stopped blizz before..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
You know that commercial where the girl says that if you read it on the Internet, it must be true? And she's dating a "French model"? Yeah, I think that probably applies to this scenario.

I mean, unless Blizzard want to put portals, honor and justice point vendors, daily quests, an auction house, banks, class trainers, profession trainers, holiday achievements, and a Northrend fishing competition in a completely new place. I guess the Argent Stand in Zul'Drak could become a Horde-only city. Because nothing says "new expansion" like putting all of your effort in an old expansion.

Bonjour!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You know that commercial where the girl says that if you read it on the Internet, it must be true? And she's dating a "French model"? Yeah, I think that probably applies to this scenario.

I mean, unless Blizzard want to put portals, honor and justice point vendors, daily quests, an auction house, banks, class trainers, profession trainers, holiday achievements, and a Northrend fishing competition in a completely new place. I guess the Argent Stand in Zul'Drak could become a Horde-only city. Because nothing says "new expansion" like putting all of your effort in an old expansion.

Bonjour!

And you know this can obviously be true and likely will be. Doesn't mean Dalaran in Northrend will be touched at all.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
08/08/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Terroh
Despite jaina being a powerful Wizard
In all technicalities, she's a sorceress not a wizard, just wanted to point that out.

08/08/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Resileaf
Northrend's Dalaran is not going anywhere. Its locked in time. The real Dalaran CAN head elsewhere, and it SHOULD become Alliance for what the Sunreavers will do.
What do the Sunreavers do?

08/08/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Lorelaî
I think it's time they revamp Outland and Northrend for Alliance to have Dalaran and the two High Elven camps in Crystalsong can expand to larger camp like cities, much like the Horde/Alliance cities in Pandaria.
That would be a cool idea but doing so would completely obliterate all the work done on both the Scourge and the Illidari. That would be a massive undertaking and if anything would make the questing experiences worse than they are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah I'm just going to wait for the book in a few weeks, and laugh at all of the failed expectations people have.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

What do the Sunreavers do?

They steal the Focusing Iris, one of the most powerful artifacts used by the Blue Dragonflight, to create the bomb that annihilates Theramore.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Remember battle for Undercity? Back then i was like no...that will never happen! and when it came out... BAM! Its not like Battle for Undercity, but it has the same concept. No one believed it would happen and then it happened. I mean they can put the Sunreavers in smelly Naxx if they wanted to. I am just wondering why they are removing a Iconic Human Wizard from a high power seat for Jaina? I mean Yeah he had a horrible book called Night of the Dragon, but he deserves credit for his feats in the WOW series.

I mean suicide over a dead best friend dragon is not the answer!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]