What are your biggest healing pet peeves?

85 Blood Elf Priest
One of the thing that drives me up the wall is when absolutely everything sits around and focuses on the main target when I'm having my butt kicked by mobs. I understand that people tend to focus, but still. If I'm sitting there struggling to keep myself alive, or even have to wait a while before having to call "Uh, hey, kind of dying here." then we've got a problem.

Another more obvious one is people thinking they can tank in a spec that is not a tanking spec, and specifically will not switch into it. Was in HoO earlier, and I phased in to a pally tank. After a few hellish pulls (On normal, mind you. So this isn't exactly difficult.) I inspect him and he's in Ret. And he doesn't even have Righteous Fury on. So naturally, I ask him to switch and pop RF. Pulls the boss without even acknowledging my comment. (And he definitely had time to see it. I whispered him too.)
We downed Anhuur and I nope'd the hell out of there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
PvP geared tanks who can't find their taunt button.
Reply Quote
96 Human Mage
There's a wipe, and people refuse to run back.

On a gearing healer .... just finished a mana intensive boss, people are low in health. I'm sitting there drinking and they stand there watching me, waiting for me to heal them up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The fact that when someone dies it's your fault regardless of who's fault it is.

Tanks who pull entire rooms when I'm at a third mana and blame me for the wipe.

Dps who pull.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Quite a lot bothers me.

- PVP geared tanks
- Pally Tanks with Crusader Aura on
- DK tanks with no Blood Presence on and/or have no idea what Death Strike is
- Tanks in DPS gear
- People with stupid macros that explain EVERYTHING they do. I don't care you inturupted something, activated an ability, blah blah blah
- DPS who don't play except for bosses (afk for trash)
- When I lose the mount roll to a guy who was dead all fight
- DPS who do 4k DPS or less and say it's enough for heroics
- When I'm sober
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
When people stand in void zones. When tanks don't turn bosses/mobs around that do cone aoes. DPS that purposely pull to "speed it up" with the thought of "the healer can heal it easily."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
When instead of asking nicely for a rez (especially when it was their own fault they took a dirt nap) all I see in the chat window is:
Rez
Rez me
Rez me now
OMG REZ ME YOU f' HEALER
REZ MEEEEEEE
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
People who don't click on my lightwell and died. :)

If I have aggro, I'll pop the Fade cooldown, shield and cast nothing but Flash Heals on myself. If the group don't respond, I hit the "eject" button and drop group. It will most likely be a wipe for them.

Create this macro:
/script LeaveParty()

And bind it to a convenient key which you won't hit accidentally. I used the "=" key because there's a last key (from the left) on the keyboard and I seldom press any numbers higher than "6" on the keyboard.

And oh, I always have recount on, even when I'm playing healer. This is because recount keeps track of the party and shows you the list of players you were with even after you drop group. Useful for including them in your ignore list.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
When instead of asking nicely for a rez (especially when it was their own fault they took a dirt nap) all I see in the chat window is:
Rez
Rez me
Rez me now
OMG REZ ME YOU f' HEALER
REZ MEEEEEEE

And one other thing, I turn OFF my group chat window.

See above for an example why. :)

Try it some time, you might find that you enjoy WoW as a healer more because most people have nothing nice to say. The chat window is more like a swear and cuss window.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Recently my biggest peeve is tanks that don't use dps gear in 5mans. I don't have all day, geese.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have a List really. Some are as Followed;

- Being Yelled at for Being at full mana on fights that I dont need to heal much
-being yelled at for Going OOM from spam healing Crappy tanks
- Tanks that dont know what mitigation is
- Tanks that only stack Stam and are squishy as hell
- Elitist Jerkwads
- 5 mans that take longer than 15 minutes (I dont have all day)
- Losing Intel Mail in LFR to Enhance Shammies
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I was just in Lower Blackrock Spire with a paladin queued as tank. He was wielding a two-hander, spec'd in Holy, and wielding agility gear. That was our tank. No, I'm not kidding. After the third time needing to rez a clothie who was really acting as the tank, I asked the paladin to switch to protection. "Why?" he asks.
Edited by Nobwinkle on 8/10/2012 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I am going to go with people expecting a rez after a wipe. Everyone should run back, not just the healer. I explicitly refuse to rez anyone under these conditions. If they try to play the waiting game with me, I just drop group.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
08/09/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Arylla
I understand that people tend to focus, but still. If I'm sitting there struggling to keep myself alive, or even have to wait a while before having to call "Uh, hey, kind of dying here." then we've got a problem.

Once, I was yelling into chat saying to kill the thing that was eating my face off for a good 5 minutes. What do they say? could have killled it myself. Yep how about I use all my mana and concentration killling the mob while you die? sounds like a plan.

as far as pet peeves

-people who say rez me. yes I can see your dead, can you see we are in battle? no matter how many times you spam rez me into chat I cant rez you until we are out of combat -_-

- add ons that say "I interrupted that!" hooray! want a medal? I dont care if you interrupted, I can SEE when someone's interrupted, Idc who did it as long as its done, I dont need my chat spammed with I interrupted that! or I just used barkskin on myself! I dont need to know that -_-

-Add ons telling me to heal them. "Heal me up please!" I am the healer, I am VERY capable to see when you need healing without you yelling at me, you will wait, like everyone else for me to deem it time to heal you. but If my chat is spammed with you telling me to heal you, then I probably wont.

- getting told off for going oom on a boss, when very squishy tank, who cant hold aggro pulls a whole room of mobs and the boss, and everyone is getting beaten on by multiple things. yep, definitely shouldnt have burned all my mana keepiing you all alive -_-
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
One of the thing that drives me up the wall is when absolutely everything sits around and focuses on the main target when I'm having my butt kicked by mobs. I understand that people tend to focus, but still. If I'm sitting there struggling to keep myself alive, or even have to wait a while before having to call "Uh, hey, kind of dying here." then we've got a problem.

My biggest pet peeve is exactly this, except PvP style. I leveled my healer through BGs. The 10-29 bracket was not so bad. But 30ish is when enemy players start catching on to the mantra "healer must die". And when you are pugging it in PvP you are pretty much on your own.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/09/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Tisiphonne
There's a wipe, and people refuse to run back.

I've stopped resurrecting those people. I don't care if it is a 5 man or a pug raid on openraid. If you can't be bothered to run back with everyone else then I hope someone else is willing to bring your lazy !@# back up. If you have a legitimate reason that's one thing, if you're just flat out lazy I'll kick you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Definitely people that don't run back after a death. If I can do it, so can you! The absolute worst is when someone dies in a raid and says "rez me, brb getting a drink". Oh wait, so I should rez up, run back and rez you so you can go do other things? Oh HELL no.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
People who say they've healed / tanked / DPSed / tap-danced with this boss before on their heroic DS geared main, and it's easy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
08/10/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Deadpretty
-Add ons telling me to heal them. "Heal me up please!"

This one used to annoy me until I learned what it was about.

This add-on goes off whenever a fire mage's 'cauterize' activates. Basically, when the mage's HP hits zero, cauterize bumps them back up to ~30% health, but applies a debuff which deals ~40% of their max health as damage over a few seconds. If they get no healing, they will die even if they aren't taking any other damage from external sources. As the healer, it's actually really usefull information to have.

(btw, don't quote me on the numbers; I'm not a fire mage)
Reply Quote
That God damn boss in Hour of Twilight where you have to stand behind the tank. The tank is always just like "LET ME SHOW YOU THE DANCE OF MY PEOPLE" and starts jumping off the freaking walls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]