What are your biggest healing pet peeves?

90 Troll Priest
Tanks which pull so fast that I can't loot the corpses without being left behind. That puts me in a bad mood.

I'm with you Rennare. Mass rez for one guy? When I'm right there? Really?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
The mass rez abuse baffles me, too. I've had people use it when one person has died whether the healer is standing right there or not. Was tanking on my baby druid this week, and the rogue mass rezzed me (the only person who had died due to someone's accidental pull). We were close enough to the entrance that I could've walked.

But yeah, I'm not sure what to do when I see glowy hands on a class that shouldn't have a rez. Their loss?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
When any person who tells me to heal them either in pst or in vent. I've got grid. I know who needs to be healed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My biggest peeve lately is other healers who pride their masochistic selves in being able to heal anyone through anything no matter how incompetent they are. What that does is conditions tanks and DPS to be lazy and sloppy and then they get mad at me when I don't perform miracles like those other healers.

Classic example was this morning on a satchel run. The tank was really difficult to heal and it wasn't until we got to Benedictus and wiped (!!!). I inspected his gear and he had mostly pvp gear on. I was pouring on the healing, popped both of my elementals and the spirit totem to keep his sorry backside alive. He's typing 'HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL'. I mean, seriously, you come in to my pve random with pvp gear and that kind of ignorance and you're trying to blame me? I defended myself and told the group that he had a lot of pvp gear on and showed recount on my HPS so no one said a thing after that. We finally got through it but mostly I blame the healers before me who have spoiled these people in to sloppy incompetent play.
Edited by Shamful on 8/16/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
- Healer why are you in melee range hitting stuff just heal us.
Ummm no one has died.
Start complaining if people are dying.

- DK tanks that use bone shield as a cool down.
Put it on now Einstein at the start of taking on the 5 mobs you just dove into.
You know when you are going to be getting hit by the most amount of damage.

- Tanks that have no idea or don't care that a mob is beating on me even when i drag it right in front of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My biggest peeve lately is other healers who pride their masochistic selves in being able to heal anyone through anything no matter how incompetent they are. What that does is conditions tanks and DPS to be lazy and sloppy and then they get mad at me when I don't perform miracles like those other healers.

Classic example was this morning on a satchel run. The tank was really difficult to heal and it wasn't until we got to Benedictus and wiped (!!!). I inspected his gear and he had mostly pvp gear on. I was pouring on the healing, popped both of my elementals and the spirit totem to keep his sorry backside alive. He's typing 'HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL'. I mean, seriously, you come in to my pve random with pvp gear and that kind of ignorance and you're trying to blame me? I defended myself and told the group that he had a lot of pvp gear on and showed recount on my HPS so no one said a thing after that. We finally got through it but mostly I blame the healers before me who have spoiled these people in to sloppy incompetent play.

Guilty.
It livens up a run if they do dumb things and I can save them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I also run into this with Hunters. It's like, they're fine, but then I go to stand behind them, and they completely freak out. "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THE HEALER DOING BEHIND ME?! SHE'S GOING TO SHIV ME RUN AWAY!!!!!!!"

Yeah, those hunters, they are so scared if someone is behind them.

Then, when I'm on my hunter, I try to find a spot to stay still as long as I can, so that the healer can use me as the block. Then, this healer would be just running around. If I went to stand in front of the healer, he would run away. YOU ARE BLOCKING MY VIEW!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/16/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Lendis
I also run into this with Hunters. It's like, they're fine, but then I go to stand behind them, and they completely freak out. "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THE HEALER DOING BEHIND ME?! SHE'S GOING TO SHIV ME RUN AWAY!!!!!!!"

Yeah, those hunters, they are so scared if someone is behind them.

Then, when I'm on my hunter, I try to find a spot to stay still as long as I can, so that the healer can use me as the block. Then, this healer would be just running around. If I went to stand in front of the healer, he would run away. YOU ARE BLOCKING MY VIEW!!!!

Or the people who seem to run away from Healing Rain as soon as I cast it, as if they don't know what it is. Or, the DPS who break my CC right after I cast it. Or during Asira Dawnslayer when I keep getting the debuff that keeps me from healing while the tank keeps dancing all over the place and saying "Just get behind me". The list is long and getting longer.
Edited by Shamful on 8/16/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
But Lunanox, you said WHISPERS :( This was in raid chat....

Man I feel lame for being still mad about it days later.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
People not standing in HR. Sometimes i feel like they do this on purpose
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The healer standing behind me during Murozond fight. Yes, it happens.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
All the above.

DPS/Tanks that don't know what they're supposed to do.

Tanks that can see I'm undergeared (not now, but when I was) and clearly don't use any survival CD's when they're taking huge amount of damage, then die and blame me. Seriously, Divine protection or deathstrike a little and stand out of crap.

One thing I've noticed: I almost never see a bad bear tank...

Funniest thing I hear when someone dies: "BREZ me" while in a group with no one that can BREZ. That just makes me laugh to myself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Sadly, I'm guilty of being that healer :( But when you get into dungeons to just have fun and get some VP it's too boring when no one takes damage. I like having a little fun healing an under-geared tank and performing those little miracles, but it does spoil them so.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Sadly, I'm guilty of being that healer :( But when you get into dungeons to just have fun and get some VP it's too boring when no one takes damage. I like having a little fun healing an under-geared tank and performing those little miracles, but it does spoil them so.

Do what I do, read the newspapers on the other computer or answer email while the DPS and tank are doing their thing and doing it very well. We sort of got them out of these bad habits back at the beginning of Cataclysm when we went on strike and they started to be on their best behavior. Now, when Pandaria comes out, we'll have to break them of their bad habits all over again.
Edited by Shamful on 8/16/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
08/16/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Shamful
Do what I do, read the newspapers on the other computer or answer email. We sort of got them out of these bad habits back at the beginning of Cataclysm when we went on strike and they started to be on their best behavior. Now, when Pandaria comes out, we'll have to break them of their bad habits all over again.

If the previous releases are anything to go by there will not be any bad habits to break. The number of tanks will drop to a handful and even healer queues will climb into 10's-20s. All the bad tanks we see now will be too afraid to run anything.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Good tanks might be afraid to run anything.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
People decide they should use Mass Rez on one (or maybe two) people in a 5-man when I'm standing right there. I'm not derping around after a fight, rezzing anybody is the very first thing I do.

Could be just me, and my healer's guilt kicking up; if it was my fault you died, the least I can do is rez you and then buff you up real nice. :(

I mean I actually do this to rez people all the time. I just feel like I can mass rez, why not save the healer some mana after what was probably a bad pull? Makes sense to me at least.

The person who commented on more than 2 resto shaman in lfr earthshield wars my god...THAT!

I just hate when people push my earthshield off who are doing trivial amounts of healing compared to myself. Generally because they are also terrible at tracking their earthshield and let it fall off all the time. So it's like either fight them by having to reapply it really frequently or just ignore it and have the tank without it like 30% of the time. I mean to me if someone is schooling me in how to heal I might consider letting them have the additional responsibility and focus on you know putting out a decent amount of heals instead
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
That God damn boss in Hour of Twilight where you have to stand behind the tank. The tank is always just like "LET ME SHOW YOU THE DANCE OF MY PEOPLE" and starts jumping off the freaking walls.

You made me laugh out loud at work ;p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healers must die addon. nuff said.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Priest
Battle for Gilneas. Fighting off entire Alliance team at WW, a frost mage has about 110K HP and is getting targeted by a couple DKs and occasionally a rogue. I like a challenge, so I'm constantly bubbling, cleansing, Leap of Faithing him around and keeping him up. Our super hpally is throwing stuff around like crazy as well. Finally he goes down after I get targeted by a warrior and go OOM. We win, stats come up.

Mage in /bg: XDD 3 DKs took the whole game to finally kill me!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]