Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Has Dentarg (I can only speak for ally side really) become a server where the more than casual player can expect to find a decent raiding guild?
My time on WoW has been relatively brief compared to some, so I only speak from my short time on this server but since I started playing, it seems Dentarg has seen a lot of guilds become strong raiding guilds.
With 2 Guilds at 8/8 heroic and a 3rd about it be (again, only speaking for Ally Side), 4 other guilds 6/8 heroic, and a few other great raiding guilds that stopped raiding for various reasons that will hopefully be back in MoP.
Do you think Dentarg has finally become a decent raiding server or do you think it's just because Content is so easy right now?
Most experienced raiders will agree that Dragon Soul was the easiest Cata raiding tier and perhaps one of the easiest raiding tiers since launch.
On top of that, it's been nerfed 6 times now.
Like I mentioned above, I haven't been in the raiding scene for a long time so maybe its my inexperience that makes me feel this way; but I do think despite Dragon being an "easy raid" and having that 30% nerf, Dentarg is really growing.
I've either been in or Pugged with most of the guilds on the server and I've seen a lot of really strong players.
I used to think Dentarg was hopeless and because I thought that way I tried to leave the server twice.
I came back both times because I missed the people on this server too much >3< (even though they all hate me Q.Q lol).
Most of the time I see people complaining about how bad the server is and see so many people server transfer to find a "good guild".
True, other servers do have more guilds with good progression and guilds that cleared DS faster than on Dentarg, but I think we've got enough good guilds out there now that server transferring to another server for progression seems like something someone would do when maybe they just aren't good enough themselves to find a raid group on this server.
Ok I'm really getting off topic XD. Let me just list some questions and you can answer them if you feel like it ;P
1. Do you think Dentarg has gotten stronger, weaker, or stayed the same as far as strength in our raiding community since the start of Cata?
2. Do you think Dentargs guilds progression is better than it has been in the past simply because we've had so much time to work on this tier with so many nerfs?
3. Why do you think most people realm transfer when they want to find a better progression raiding guild? Is it because they're more skilled than any of the guilds on Dentarg?*
4. Do you plan on transferring off this server soon? If so, why?
5. How do you think Dentarg will do in MoP?
TL;DR - Read questions 1 and 2
* This might be ignorant of me to say, but I think I have raided with most of the "serious" raiders on the server and I don't think that is the case XP
Edited by Musicxd on 8/12/2012 6:23 AM PDT
1. Over the course of the expansion, I feel that we started off at a reasonable point in 4.0.6 to the end of 4.1 over on Horde side. We fell into a deep drought between 4.2 and early 4.3, before coming back up to a decent level later in 4.3. I'm optimistic for Mists.
2. Yes and no. Certainly, more time helps, but at the same time, this tier is aweful causing a lot of people to simply stop caring. However, on the other hand, there seems to be a lot more guilds raiding now than any other time during Cataclysm, which certainly helps a lot.
3. Better, more serious, and dedicated community, I'd argue. More opportunity. I'm lucky to have a raiding group right now, but there are many times where I simply wish there were more people on this realm who were able and interested to not only pick up as a PuG in a pinch, but also stick around with an alt, perhaps, to serve as an alternate in guild. Our progression has suffered greatly because people don't show up or have work or have month and a half vacations. Real life stuff is all well and good, but it's so vexing to have to seek out people and get very few serious responses.
4. I have no plans. Can't get rid of me that easily, hun~
5. I think it will be a slow start, as gearing looks like a small nightmare (but it looks fun, because I'm masochistic), but I am generally optimistic.
(Side note: I've raided with Music several times as well as with some of the more serious raiders on the realm to pick up Blackwing's Bane and Of the Four Winds. Also, 6/8h. I'm posting on this character because I'll likely main her in Mists.)
Stronger, much stronger. I'm actually somewhat proud of everyone, and it's convinced me to stay on Dentarg for MoP.
I don't raid much with this character, so I don't have much room to talk, but I think the nerfs did contribute some, but even before the nerfs started coming, Dentarg as a whole was doing much better than t12 raiding (Dentarg was ranked second to last in t12.)
Dentarg is more of a casual server, if anything. We have a more laid back community than say, Illidan, or Sargeras. Therefore, people who realm transfer may just be looking for a more hardcore feel to their raiding experience! :3
Back in t12, I was dead set on leaving this "horrible ignorant server full of tryhards and losers" to go to Kel'Thuzad or Tichondrius. t13 came, I'm still here, and I don't plan on leaving. I think I've gotten a bit nicer since t12-era, and met a few cool people, so I'll stick around.
In all honesty, I think the realm will continue to improve. Raid guilds will develop and grow, but I don't think Dentarg will be anything close to top-tier. That'll take a miracle.
T13 has simpler teamwork mechanics in most cases. With all the nerfs that heroic ragnaros went through, I am only aware of one team that got a legitimate kill on that boss. It is the most difficult and most rewarding boss in the entire expansion and has been not only nerfed but is a tier behind as far as gear checks. Sinestra is right up there as well, and while it was not nerfed it is now 2 tiers behind for gear checks. Dragon Soul was hard mainly because of tuning ... and as tuning decreased then so did progression. Fights with difficult mechanics remain unbeaten or far from farm content for even high end Dentarg groups.
There is and will continue to be PvE talent that remains on Dentarg. I wouldn't say transferring off server is about being too good for the realm as much as it is about there being a ceiling on Dentarg for how far you can go. Many guilds put in as much time as a hardcore raiding guild but with drastically less results.
At the end of the day it's a game and it's about having a good time on it. If fun means getting raid results you will probably want to transfer off server. If fun means working through content with friends and awesome people on Dentarg then you will stay. Both are equally good choices if they make the chooser happy :)
1. I came to this realm early/mid-4.2 or so, and faction changed to Horde mid/late-4.3, so I haven't been around either side long enough to say much here. Though it does seem more Raiding Guilds have come up since t12 content.
2. Possibly? This tier has been one of -if not the- longest lasting end-tiers of an expac, so the sheer amount of time people have had to do it may account for improved progression. ICC was progressively nerfed in a similar way as DS, but didn't last quite as long.
I wasn't on this realm then, but how was progression during t10 content?
3. A lot of people I've seen transfer off have been relatively skilled PvP/PvE-ers, who I imagine felt either that A) They were good enough to compete with the 'real' players on more progressed realms. or B) That they had come as far as they could on Dentarg, and so wanted to move on.
I wouldn't say they're 'more skilled', and there's plenty of reasons why people would server-change. I choose to worry more about who's here, than who's left.
4. Not unless the majority of my guild decides to server-transfer... Or if Phaedre gives me full access to the gbank again >.>....
:P I kid.
5. It looks like -in MoP- every tier will have the same sort of progressive-nerfs that DS had, which I think is promising for dentarg progression as a whole. It would allow newer raiders to progress through content at their own pace, and hopefully improve so that they need fewer nerfs the next tier, then fewer the tier after that.
So... Yes, I'm hoping Dentarg's progressiong will improve during Mists. Progressive Nerfs might be the cause of that, but I liked the idea anyway, and anything that gets more people raiding is a good thing.
Ahh, very true.
4. I have no plans. Can't get rid of me that easily, hun~
So Dentarg has a decent number of players who know the "rotation" of their class but less people who can actually follow fight mechanics Like avoiding traps on Shannox or actually multi tasking on Beth and such? I'd agree with that
Edited by Musicxd on 8/13/2012 6:01 PM PDT
Forgive me answering your questions, I started on dentarg but transferred off some time ago, but I still like to keep up with the realm. I was here for long enough and with enough friends that I have fond (and nightmarish) memories of the server.
I definitely think that the baseline for dentarg raiding has come up. The average raider on dentarg has gotten smarter. However, as a whole the raiding community is almost certainly weaker than it was earlier in the expansion due to every strong raiding guild either transferring off server or breaking apart.
No real comment here. At the end of T11 there were 3 guilds with any heroic progress at all, only 1 of which was really competitive. In T12 those same 3 guilds were the only ones to reach heroics. Now in T13 half of the server is pushing heroic content with a 30% nerf. I tend to lean torward "nerfs did it".
On this topic, I speak from experience. Most people transfer off of dentarg for options. If you raid reasonably well, or pvp reasonably well, and want to progress forward, Dentarg has never had much for you. Even at this point in the tier, there are only 11 guilds on Dentarg that are 6/8H or further progressed. While I cannot look at a website and spout numbers like that for the pvp scene, its historically been very similar. People transfer off of dentarg to find larger, more progressed realms where there are more options for them to get into a stronger raiding community.
I left a long time ago man. My guild broke up, all of my friends transferred off server, and there wasn't a single guild on the server at the time that matched my standards.
I haven't the foggiest idea. If I had to guess though I would say better than T11, but nothing like T13. Unless they put heavy nerfs into place like they are with T13 then I'm fairly sure that less than 10 guilds will be in heroics. Less than 5 in a reasonable time frame.
Edited by Addelaide on 8/14/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Vyn has friends? O_O
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.