(beta) Affliction in pvp and other stuff

100 Undead Warlock
this is honestly pathetic. i can not win a 1v1 vs anyone any more. on live i have zero problems with most people and now on the beta im practically a free kill. just when i think i might be able to kill someone when i get the too 50% my fear runs out and before i can do anything i am either stunned to death, silenced to death or i just cant do any more damage because its being absorbed by some shield of some kind. at this point i am counting the days till i have to stop pvping unless ive got my own personal entourage of death knights. the absorb shields are really bad too because as affliction we lack a nuke to get them down. i know this gonna sound stubborn too but i refuse to change spec. i have always played affliction in pvp. i find it the most fun and i dont like how the other specs work. and honestly i shouldnt have to change spec. blizzard is a professional company and they arent acting very professional right now. if they would stop for a second and listen to what we are saying because we are the ones who will be paying for the expansion and the subscription afterwards, i think they could really make us happy but they refuse to for who knows what reason. i shouldnt have to change from affliction if i want to do damage in pvp because its to hard for them to balance it.

i know i sound whiny right now but i want to get this out there.

on a good note they are changing grimore of sacrifice although idk why we would want to charge at our enemies in most situations

another thing i hope they fix is how much of a little cry baby demonic gateway is. anyone who is above level 87 on the beta knows exactly what i am talking about but if you arent i will explain.

first of all its the cast time/activation time. this isnt really something that important to me but its still something. 5 sec cast and 10 sec activation. at the moment im pretty much dead even before i get to use it. maybe it will be useful for my arena partner after i die so he can run away but i dont think that im gonna be able to use this in arenas with out putting myself into a situation that i want to be in. i think maybe they should let warlocks use it before the 10 seconds maybe. i dont really know how they can fix this which wis why its not really that big of a deal to me. oh and also you can be death gripped out of it mid flight so any non stupid death knight counters your only move you get at 87.

next is the placement. you cant really place it anywhere you would want to place a portal. the only places you can place it is pretty much in a flat strait line. if you wouldnt be able to walk there you can place the portal there so if you wanted to place it from cliff you couldnt because you cant walk form cliff to cliff. because this is more like a fun move not one you would get as your only non talent move, i think we should actually be able to have fun with it.

last is the, id say maybe 15m range the gateway ends have. if you goo further away than the 15 m one of the ends disappears. wow thats great, again our move is rendered useless because we might wanna move away from the person with pointy object that wants to kill us. this should honestly be an easy fix. just take that range away. what purpose does it serve beside pissing us off. demonic portal doesnt have a range as far as i have seen and i dont think there is a problem there.

i could go on a huge rant of the things that need to be change in my opinion like blood fear for example, but i want to know what other warlocks think about this.

also, a glitch that is still here despite the months of testing is the fact that soul leach doesn't do anything. i feel like they just dont care about us any more and are trying to get more and more people to leave the class so they can eventually delete it to make room for the monks because 11 classes are juts too hard to balance and they are used to 10
Edited by Doydne on 8/13/2012 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
on the bright side i can still play xin zhao and listen to be a man, also gw 2 is out soon and necromancers look pretty interesting to me
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What talents are you using? Can you post a video? Do you have everything keybinded and don't keyboard turn?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
i dont really want to go through all the trouble of posting a video but i do not keyboard turn and the talents im usling right now are dark regeneration, mortal coil, dark bargain, unbound will,
i have been switching between grimore of service and supremacy because i find the pet ai with supremacy is beyond mentally retarded and kil'jaedens cunning. i have most of my spells bound to my keyboard but i dont really think that should matter if im having no problems right now but maybe thats just arrogant because of the new changes meaning that i have to change my play style
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/13/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Doydne
i can not win a 1v1 vs anyone any more. on live i have zero problems with most people

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Doydne/statistic#21:154

mmmmh look at all that dueling experience.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Req
That's bad... i only play affliction (PVP and PVE). If it's really bad in MOP, i'll quit the game. I really don't care, this game isn't the last biscuit of the package anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/13/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Superbia
i can not win a 1v1 vs anyone any more. on live i have zero problems with most people

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Posted by Doydne

i dont duel very often
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/13/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Doydne
i dont duel very often

But when you do find that fresh 85, you OMFGPWN him right?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
They hit everyone else with mega nerfs too recently. It's hard to keep track. I think our AoE is still laughable in MoP, but maybe afflocks won't be underpowered if we're all equally underpowered!
Edited by Dspite on 8/14/2012 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Posted by Doydne
i dont duel very often

But when you do find that fresh 85, you OMFGPWN him right?

oh of course lol,

no what i meant by that is that i dont duel, its not really my thing, if i want to do some pvp il que for a bg because the ques are only like 5 secs long. i dont even remember the last time i dueled someone on live
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
just a poor player complaining instead of actually improving personal ability. i think you should keep at it man, look up some videos on high rated warlocks, get an idea of how they play and see where you are at skillwise, see where you stand with the other high rated arena players on your current server.

once you can hang with that circle jerk of nerds then you might want to reconsider your perspective on warlock pvp. if you are really interested in pvp and improving i would also suggest a skillcapped account, very cheap if you have a few dollars to spend and all the resources you need all on one website. good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
some intense !@#$ talk goin on in here
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
^^^Why I hate lock community involving PvP (and PvP community in general, you know who you are).

This thread is automatically flooded with people being D-bags to a guy who's being reasonable, again, you know who you are.

Hell he even says things like " if im having no problems right now but maybe thats just arrogant because of the new changes meaning that i have to change my play style" and yet you have people telling him to stop QQing and lrn2play.
Edited by Brugloch on 8/16/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
just a poor player complaining instead of actually improving personal ability. i think you should keep at it man, look up some videos on high rated warlocks, get an idea of how they play and see where you are at skillwise, see where you stand with the other high rated arena players on your current server.

once you can hang with that circle jerk of nerds then you might want to reconsider your perspective on warlock pvp. if you are really interested in pvp and improving i would also suggest a skillcapped account, very cheap if you have a few dollars to spend and all the resources you need all on one website. good luck.

this wasnt was i was talking about at all.

almost everyone here seems to misunderstand the point of this thread
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight

Harsh.

Anyway, GC mentioned an across the board buff for all class, so that might help.
Edited by Devilspider on 8/16/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
36 Tauren Druid
1. i can not win a 1v1 vs anyone any more.

how do we know you ever could?

2. on live i have zero problems with most people and now on the beta im practically a free kill.

you have ZERO problems on live? really .. i serisouly doubt that ... no dk, warrior, or rogue has EVER given you any trouble whatsoever? cool story.

3. just when i think i might be able to kill someone when i get the too 50% my fear runs out

lets start with fear ... its called diminishing returns, and you can only keep at target feared for so long before it "runs out". its so that we cant just keep people in fear for hours at a time. if you get someone to 50%, that is the logical time that you would see them begin to pop survival cooldowns, and therefore it is the logical time at which you will see their health rise back up .... so , its not like you are really about to get them down at that point in the duel anyway.

4. and before i can do anything i am either stunned to death, silenced to death or i just cant do any more damage because its being absorbed by some shield of some kind.

your original statement would imply that you had control of the match up until this point, at which you had them down to 50%. how much health did you have? if you were in control of the match you should have 3 very large defensive cooldowns at your disposal, at which it is impossible even for the most bursty OP specs to take you down in a series of stuns or silences.

the other part of your statement is that they are absorbing our damage at this point ... thats back to what i said earlier in that you have done so much damage to them that this has now caused them to pop their survival cooldowns ...

5. the absorb shields are really bad too because as affliction we lack a nuke to get them down.

well this certainly depends on the type of absorb shield you are dealing with, however ill deal with your input as to burst. we have it. AFFLICTION has burst. as of aug 16th 2012, we have burst. granted in order to achieve the brust you have to set it up ... its what makes the whole easy to learn difficult to master thing ......

a. soulburn: soulswap ...... this is insane for 1v1 as you can just instantly apply all three dots. its important to time this to when you know you will be able to get a full or close to full malefic grasp off. this also increased your chances of replenshing the shard you just used.

b. unending resolve. this is your time to burst. ideally you set yourself up just prior to popping this cooldown ... with coe up you, pop dark soul, apply soulburn: soulswap, haunt, then burn malefic grasp ... if you can get two full channels out, you will be surprised at how quickyl their health drops ... im not saying its the biggest burst int eh game, but it is scertainly noticeable and is much much much burstier than on live.

---------------

there are a lot of strategies in affliction dueling that id love to help you with .. im not trying to be negative towards you in any way ..... id prefer to get you to see how strong we really are at this point in duels as compared to live ... took me a while to change my thoughts too. at first i felt like i had lost all self healing , but i dueled a ret pally for 28 minutes the other night and remained above 50% health the entire time by rotating my cc with my big defensive cd's, healthstone (not even glyphed), and mortal coil. you are much stronger than live. just give it a chance.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
^^^Why I hate lock community involving PvP (and PvP community in general, you know who you are).

This thread is automatically flooded with people being D-bags to a guy who's being reasonable, again, you know who you are.

Hell he even says things like " if im having no problems right now but maybe thats just arrogant because of the new changes meaning that i have to change my play style" and yet you have people telling him to stop QQing and lrn2play.

ty sir
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
you probably just don't have your mechanics down if you can't beat anyone in a 1v1. Obviously there are likely some hard counters,

to hijack this thread, how does kiting/slowing as affliction feel now without shadowflame? As far as I see, all we have now is exhaustion. To think about not having it seems like such a huge loss of our toolkit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
you probably just don't have your mechanics down if you can't beat anyone in a 1v1. Obviously there are likely some hard counters,

to hijack this thread, how does kiting/slowing as affliction feel now without shadowflame? As far as I see, all we have now is exhaustion. To think about not having it seems like such a huge loss of our toolkit.

Yea, whenever im dueling I always go to X for sflame only to realize I cant use it anymore. As for kiting, its definitely alot harder than it is on live, CoEx barely gives us any breathing room and as alot of our damage is based around mg channeling (i think), its very easy for melee to kick it and shut us down. Sfury helps to some extent, but without a reliable good snare melee are sticking to warlocks better. Classes I have trouble as affliction are mainly good warriors as affliction doesn't provide the burst required to finish them off after you get them sub 35% due to the opness of second wind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]