Cho'gall Dueling Tournament Open to All.

<watch me surf and swag> will be holding a bi-weekly dueling tournament in Dalaran Sewers at 6PM server (18:00) on Sunday evenings. It will be a single elimination tournament, if you win you move on, and if you lose you're eliminated. There will be a 100 gold entrance fee, but the winner will win 90% of the total pot plus some money out of my own pocket. Both factions are welcome. Post in this thread or contact Evanwilliams, Aedz, or Leini on alliance side, or Aedsqt, or Blackbear on horde side to enter the tournament. Deadline to enter is 12:01 AM on Sunday (00:01)

There will be specific rules. We aren't trying to alienate anyone with these rules, but we are trying to make the tourney more fun for everyone involved. We will have referees monitoring the duels to make sure no foul play occurs. Rules are included below.

BANNED ABILITIES:
Army of the dead
Bloodlust/Heroism
Preparation
Lay on Hands
Time warp
Ancient Hysteria
All Buffs not provided by your class and spec/professions
Rocket boosts (engineer)

Banned Items:
Flasks (non alchemist flask. (80 stat))
Potions ( healing speed invisibility illusion any of them)

Banned Specs:
Blood Death Knights
Healing Specs

We reserve the right to disqualify contestants that take an unfair advantage from anything not covered on our ban list.

The first tournament will be hosted when enough interest is shown.

Good luck :)
Reply Quote
Consider this my entry mailing you the gold as we speak :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just a question. Why can't rogues use Prep? It's allowed in rated pvp and has a 5 min CD. It would be like a pally using bubble, none MM hunters using rapid fire, shamans using earth/fire elemental totem, none frost mages using iceblock or warriors using reck/retaliate/shield wall.

One more question can I duel the winner for fun? :D
Reply Quote
you could be the winner if you joined :)
Reply Quote
Just a question. Why can't rogues use Prep? It's allowed in rated pvp and has a 5 min CD. It would be like a pally using bubble, none MM hunters using rapid fire, shamans using earth/fire elemental totem, none frost mages using iceblock or warriors using reck/retaliate/shield wall.

One more question can I duel the winner for fun? :D

Prep is not like rapid fire or bubble.

Bubble resets the fight once, where as rapid fire, fire ele is a damage cd, Ice block is not as effective without a healer to heal the mage up in it and just serves as a way to clear cauterize and other debuffs, and shield wall is just damage mitigation at the cost of losing damage from being in defensive stance and having a 1hand wep and shield as apposed to a 2h. Prep gives rogues two vanishes, allowing them to reset the fight twice, not including the other advantages such as another step, and sprint, as well as smoke.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
ferals going bear form shouldn't be allowed.

IMO
Reply Quote
ferals going bear form shouldn't be allowed.

IMO

If you dont want the feral to regen during frenzied regeneration then don't attack him until the cd expires, as he only regens per the rage he has. Have fun kiting.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
not every class can kite, 50% slow, charge, bear stun, etc. it's worse than prep and you're allowing it. posting on a rogue and not allowing your own classes skills shouldn't make people reason that you would know that it's imbalanced. dueling isn't balanced, not allowing prep isn't going to fix that.
Edited by Remehdee on 8/9/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
not every class can kite, 50% slow, charge, bear stun, etc. it's worse than prep and you're allowing it. posting on a rogue and not allowing your own classes skills shouldn't make people reason that you would know that it's imbalanced. dueling isn't balanced, not allowing prep isn't going to fix that.

if we were to do that we would really be just saying druids need not apply. prep isn't a core mechanic of the rogue ferals would have a hard time doing anything if they can't go bear. Do I think ferals are balanced? oh god no they're rediculous, but we can't control everything bro. I understand your concern though
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You should allow prep.

If you're worried about resets, limit the Rogue to a single vanish, and/or force Rogues to open within 10 seconds of a vanish so that they don't just recup/vanish and wait 2 min to regen their health.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I would leave prep in too. Just make the restrictions the same as a regular arena match and not allow the stupidly OP ones like lust/LoH.
Reply Quote
Rogue are just too good of duelists with prep. its out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
08/10/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Aedz
Rogue are just too good of duelists with prep. its out.

Do I get bonus points for heroic leaping backwards?
Reply Quote
82 Human Paladin
by leaving prep out you're just widening the gap between them and classes that destroy them.

if you're going to ban certain skills based on your opinion, at least ban skills based on specific match ups. Rogue vs Frost mage without that prep his little chance to win is shattered.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
let's see some swag yo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Sad that this just turned into an argument about Preparation, seems like a fun idea!!

I'd join in but I don't think I even have 100 gold! :P

Also I'm garbage :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Why so much rule for an underground fight?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Rogues setting up victory for rogues? No way!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]