SoR "Purchased 30+ days" question

80 Night Elf Death Knight
If I bought the Mist of Pandaria deluxe which gives me 1 month of free time, does that count as having purchased one month of time? If I am under the effects of the Scroll of Resurrection and I purchase that edition, would the bonus gametime count?
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
08/10/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Dejuva
If I bought the Mist of Pandaria deluxe which gives me 1 month of free time

Unless I've completely missed an announcement, it does not come with game time - no expansion pack ever has.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/10/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Dejuva
If I bought the Mist of Pandaria deluxe which gives me 1 month of free time

To my knowledge MoP does not give free game time.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Only the Battlechest original purchase has ever come with additional gametime, Dejuva.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Priest
Also, no free time counts towards "paid time" for SOR or RAF.
Reply Quote
Hm. I was in gamestop yesterday and I was told about the offer if I pre-purchased (I was buying time anyways, which is when I was told about the offer) I would receive the benefit of 1 month free time. I didn't ask if it was store exclusive, so I assumed it was for the deluxe edition in general. My bad.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
08/10/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Christiê
Also, no free time counts towards "paid time" for SOR or RAF.

This isn't true. The 30 days that come with the base WoW game do not, but other sources of "free" time may - depending on where they come from. For example, the four free months from Annual Pass D3 to Collector's Edition D3 counts for SOR.

08/10/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Dejuva
Hm. I was in gamestop yesterday and I was told about the offer if I pre-purchased (I was buying time anyways, which is when I was told about the offer) I would receive the benefit of 1 month free time. I didn't ask if it was store exclusive, so I assumed it was for the deluxe edition in general. My bad.

Whoever told you that was sadly misinformed.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Reply Quote
Ok, thanks for clearing it up guys.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Priest
This isn't true. The 30 days that come with the base WoW game do not, but other sources of "free" time may - depending on where they come from. For example, the four free months from Annual Pass D3 to Collector's Edition D3 counts for SOR.

I never even thought of that! I forgot there was a few weeks between SOR being released and Annual Pass ending when an SOR'd account could still sign up. Good catch.

I was thinking more of accepting an SOR, then using that account to RAF a new account, which gets 30 free days when the recruit pays 30. Those 30 free days from the RAF won't count towards game time that will grant the SOR sender the SOR mount.
Edited by Christiê on 8/10/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Tentaclepron
wow no time with an expansion, fail. oh well guess I gotta pony up to try this bad boy.

Please don't necro a thread to post inconsequential nonsense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]