Rampant Item Duplication

85 Troll Mage
Has anybody else noticed the huge amount of high end items showing up in ridiculous quantities on the auction houses?

Currently the most obvious is Elementium Ore, the last time we saw quantities like this is back in May, peaking on May 19th and 20th. Now it seems the dupers are back with a huge push since August 5th.

Check out https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Farstriders&item=52185 for a more thorough examination of what is hitting our realm, learn who your duplicators are and don’t buy from them, report them. If they are innocent Blizzard will do nothing, if they are guilty hopefully Blizzard will ban their accounts.
Reply Quote
Is there a particular reason to believe that illicit methods have been used to create this quantity of trade goods, other than that there is a lot of them?

I ask because it's the end of an expansion, a date for the next one was announced a week before the spike you've pinpointed, and the possibility that people are just clearing out their banks and/or trying to farm up some cash before MoP hits seems like a pretty credible - and slightly less hysterical - alternative.

I know I dumped the contents of our guild bank on the AH three weeks back including a tonne of ore and several hundred maelstrom crystals, and have been actively encouraging others to do the same while their cataclysm mats are still actually of interest to anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Funny. I did the same thing Laura and Bloody did the week they announced a drop date for MoP. Dumped most of our mats and gear at rock bottom prices just to empty the vault.

When next I came online my guildmates told me that trade chat was abuzz with "Is Mangalor quitting WoW?" talk. I thought /2 belonged to Bloody. I felt famous.

Warhol was wrong. Barely lasted 15 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've spoken to at least one seller who glumly confessed he had three vanity guilds backed up on Cata mats that he was going to attempt to sell now before they became further devalued in MoP. It's end of expansion clearance. I'd see more of a correlation for duping if suddenly five Crimson Deathchargers appeared on the AH at once.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
It started as a question "Has anybody else noticed the huge amount of high end items showing up in ridiculous quantities on the auction houses?"

I provided an example of what I would consider a questionable situation. The address, if you followed it, was the support.

It was not an attempt at hysteria, it was a question have you seen it? and a sugestion if you feel you had.

I can guess from the responses the answer is no.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've personally put 516 units of stuff on the auction house in the past hour or two. Stockpiled metals, mostly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
general forums had a post regarding this ill see if i can link it according to someone from illidan there duping crismon deathchargers and selling for 5k a pop over there honestly tho alot of people are in this stance as mist you will need to be rich to play the black market ah it kinda screws people over plus it invites gold sellers to own the black market ah why they did this i have no idea but this is my thoughts regarding the dupes or guilds are just mass selling to also help them with mats in mist maybe reward a certain individual for his efforts etc.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6308611468

the post as promised and a pic also he could of indeed been joking course there i wouldn't be surprised.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, the crimson deathcharger has been commonly duped for a while. I let my EU subscription run out, but on Al'akir EU at the time I left there were six or seven copies of the mount up on the AH for 20k gold, which is definitely not right for a mount that is only available once for each grindy completion of a legendary in ICC 25.

With the elementium ore in particular (more so than other substances), I suspect it may also be a matter of botting. Goldsellers can and do farm thousands upon thousands of ore with bots/hacked characters and dump them on the AH for abysmally low prices. Have you tried adding the seller in question to your friendslist and whispering them whenever they log on?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Then there are some people who actually DO grind, are NOT bots or hacked, and who refuse to use the standard AH gouge prices on general principles.

Granted, the deathcharger is an excellent example of buyer beware, but in terms of mats, inscriptions, gems etc I know a few folk who will not use "standard" pricing, myself/my alts included.

Gbank clearing, storage alts clearing... these are things to consider as well. It is good to be aware of the increase in dupes, though why someone would go to all that trouble for pixel gold is beyond me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]