What Is A Paladin?

87 Human Paladin
May your faith stand strong, my brothers and sisters.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
its about being the red headed step child of blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I am a Sunwalker. It's about the horns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seems to me a Paladin is whatever they want to be as long as they can keep their faith in the Light.

Whatever "Light" they maintain their faith in.
Edited by Xalefor on 8/23/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Great Little Guideline, you truly capture what it means to be a True Paladin.I often find my self coming back to this thread when I need to find motivation to once again wield the light(play my Paladin).
Edited by Zawolko on 8/2/2014 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
What Is A Paladin?

a class that is in the pooper for 3v3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Two
Zawolko casts Necro-Thread!

It's super Effective!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/12/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Calberth
Being a Paladin is not about Law... not about Light... sometimes not even about Good. For Laws can sometimes be written by evil hands, the gifts of the Light can be twisted to obey those full of arrogance and malice, and even what is believed to be Good can be a mask for the corrupt to work their plots unseen.

It is about Justice, about protecting the weak, uplifting the downfallen, punishing the wicked. Justice above all - that is the code of the Paladin.

Uh ? No, a Paladin is a warrior that fights in the name of a deity of good alignment. The law cannot be evil if it is written by a good god. That is the law Paladins obey.

And the judicial branch, while seperate from the legislative branch, is usually tasked with enforcing the legislative branch's decision as far as law making goes. So I don't really see how you can say "Paladins are about Justice, not law".

Anyway, you're confused about what Paladins adhere to, it's not the law code of men. Paladins are first and foremost warriors for a god.

08/02/2014 10:35 PMPosted by Andrasté
Zawolko casts Necro-Thread!

It's super Effective!

Damnit.
Edited by Berith on 8/3/2014 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't mind this necro, keep it up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Being a Paladin requires one of two things:
1) Being absolutely Self-righteous
2) Having a talking chandelier locked up in your basement

Option #1 allows sociopaths to operate as Paladins and murder people as they please, assuming they feel no guilt. See the Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Two
08/03/2014 08:30 AMPosted by Cyborgrock
I don't mind this necro, keep it up.

So evil magic "read necromancy ~=~ Necro" is okay as long as it's used to bring Paladin things back from the dead? Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
I piss on the ground and my STDs hurt everyone who walks over it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I am a Bloodknight. I still view us as "darker" paladins even though the end of BC and WoD seem to try to make us more like "normal" paladins.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/03/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Liminara
I piss on the ground and my STDs hurt everyone who walks over it.
Sounds like you should be a DeathKnight.lol
Edited by Zawolko on 8/4/2014 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
They corrupt and slaughter our people and we fall back. They corrupt entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Watch out, pallies. This thread is so full of self-love you're all gonna be hairy and blind soon. Don't your laws say something about that too?

JK, you guys are alright. Pretty in pink and whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While I admire and respect your adamance in upholding your virtues and the ways of the Paladin, not all of us share your beliefs.

I am a Blood Knight. While you devoted your life and efforts to be blessed with the light, we kidnapped a god, chained it up in our basement and siphoned his sweet, delicious light for whatever the hell we want to use it for. Though, I still use the light to heal my wounded brethren (largely because I want to make sure they live long enough to kill all humans).

#pretendsthisisnotanecrothread
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Still like this thread.

I am a Blood Knight. While you devoted your life and efforts to be blessed with the Light we were allowed to believe we kidnapped a powerful being of the Light, carried it to our capital as Velen and the Naaru planned, and although we believed we were stealing the Light from it the Naaru actually allowed this to happen to bring about the salvation of our people.

Fixed that for ya.

Blood Knights were a fun idea and all, but not nearly as "dark" as some like to believe. Post Sunwell Blood Knights are much like traditional Paladins.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 8/5/2014 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]