Launcher Is Downloading Data For MoP Update

90 Blood Elf Mage
If you've not been here for an expansion, there are some things to look forward to.

Fairly soon the transition will begin. Each expansion has been different but there is one constant; Blizzard is very tight-lipped about what's coming.

For Burning Crusade raid bosses showed up in the world (youtube has a great video of hundreds of Alliance being pwned outside Ironforge).

For Wrath of the Lich King we chased plague spreaders and became temporarily infected with plague (during which time we could communicate across factions).

For Cataclysm certain cities were besieged by elementals that had to be killed and we had to infiltrate the Twilight Hammer cult.

Whatever Blizz has planned for Mists of Pandaria is likely in this 6GB download, or at least the beginnings of it.

Usually a week or two before the release we get the update for stuff that isn't specific to the expansion; talent tree resets mostly, but other things as well.

The actual expansion with the expansion-specific things in it, like the new race and playing areas, won't show up until expansion day and will come from the disks or downloaded data.

Something to keep in mind: The expansions are messy. There are bugs and glitches all over the place, both in game and during the installation process. Stay calm.

Following the expansion there will be even more patches. Some small, some large, to debug things and add any last minute additions. After a while there will be fewer and fewer of these.
Reply Quote
84 Human Death Knight
08/10/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Garsid
Eeyup.

Dammit Garsid. >_< Can't not read that in the voice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@theramore

set up us the bomb
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea... I'm a truck driver, I only have so much internet a month through my cell phone. I can't figure out how to make it STOP downloading the update and I'm almost internet capped. At a rate of $10 a gb I don't wanna dl it right now. I'll wait until I get home on my home internet in a few weeks...... Anyone know how to prevent it from downloading =/?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
will this next patch end the arena season?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Question:

Even if you don't get MoP, will you still be able to roll a Monk on other races???
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/10/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Solarri
Even if you don't get MoP, will you still be able to roll a Monk on other races???

You wont have Monks or Panda's or access to the new zones.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Warrior
This is exciting, something NEW to partake in soon :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In the loader's options/ preferences, uncheck all of the boxes. Quit the launcher, and then launch Wow.exe manually, usually found in

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe

You can also copy and paste the Wow.exe as a shortcut to your desktop

Just be sure to re-check the appropriate boxes in launcher once you get to the point of wanting to download the updates.

This was very helpful. I was in a similar bind as Yerith, and I was flipping out when I realized there were 6 whole gigs to download (I'm only allowed 5 per month anyways, hehe).
Reply Quote
I would be over joyed if the patch was released this coming tuesday!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
My last download was 14.9gb, anyone else have anything that big???
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Uhhh... my background DLer says the whole thing is around 21GB

Does that use up ISP internet useage?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
08/10/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Yohko
My last download was 14.9gb, anyone else have anything that big???

Mine is 21gb and is now on....lemme check here....19.8gb. Apparently, I'm updating from v. 4.3.3.15354 to 4.3.4.15595
Edited by Huggywuggles on 8/10/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZkqC4Lz8dU#t=14s

You can stop around 30 seconds in or so. <3

When I think of the background downloader, that scene comes to mind.
Edited by Gerart on 8/10/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm just popping in here to confirm that the background download for Mists of Pandaria content has begun.

It's like September 25 is getting closer every day... (!)

:D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]