Quick question about Heroic Madness

90 Blood Elf Priest
The healers on our team are quite evenly matched generally but on Madness of Deathwing I tend to come out ahead on HPS by quite a large margin due to Divine Aegis. the Holy Paladin in my raid team would like to know if there is something about that fight that makes Divine Aegis stronger.

Other than the haste buff on a couple of platforms (which should be good for all of us right?) I was sort of at a loss to tell him why. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Just a wild guess as I haven't done H-Madness... but for the haste to affect him/them equally, there would have to be damage there for them to heal whereas your haste pre-emptively helps since you can get DA bubbles up faster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Lots of PoH for stacky parts (the most healing intense parts) = lots of DA bubbles. Constant stream of AoE damage ensures that every DA bubble is used up entirely. You'll notice DA overheal is extremely small on Madness, <5% in some cases.
Edited by Nixx on 8/11/2012 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y8js1nkc92igcsbq/analyze/hd/source/?s=9348&e=10124

Here's a sample. We didn't finish Wednesday and will kill it Sunday night, but maybe you guys can see something in it that I don't.

(I'm scared to show you guys my logs cause I know I'm a mess and was being sloppy)
Just mostly wondering what the over heal on DA was (absurd I am sure). I am feeling to stupid to find that atm and wanted a little spoon feeding.
Reply Quote
Your overheal on DA was only 3.2%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ty.
Reply Quote
Anytime :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Well, on the first attempt in the linked log your Paladin died early into the attempt so I am going to go out on a limb and say that is why his healing was so low compared to yourself and the Rdruid.

On the second pull it looks like you're just meter whoring via PoH spam and sniping all of the damage :). It was also only a 3 minute attempt.

It's hard to find anything to heal on that fight with the 30 percent nerf but he shouldn't be that far behind on longer attempts if he doesn't die unless he is just... not very good.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
You're also three healing, which is unnecessary IMO. If your Paladin wants there to be higher HPS, that's likely the only way it will happen. He seems like he isn't even trying, probably because there isn't anything to do--especially because you're mitigating a lot of the potential healing. :O
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pally should just pad whenever he's needed since he can just melee for mana. That way he can spam massive heals on people with dots/tentacle slaps while you just raid pad during stacks. Nobody goes oom and everyone is happy! :)

So with this the overall difference should be massively in your favor IMO. Only the end of the fight really matters ya?
Edited by Gamex on 8/11/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/12/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Darknojo
Just wondering with the 30% nerf and looking at your gear, why do you chose to 3 heal it instead of 2? With that Spriest even on the 4th and last platforms with his hymes you should be fine.

Because sometimes you have to account for crap that your mana bar wouldn't otherwise be able to cover.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Having a hard time finding why you're having issues, myself. Our last kill where the pally and I two-healed is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rtwtg5pa6mnp1fbaln/sum/healingDone/?s=7611&e=8386
I wouldn't three heal it by any stretch. Two healing seems comfortable to us at least, but I know our warrior and boomkin are kind of badass.

We three healed it last week, log is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i0qr7s47t2cug1vb/sum/healingDone/?s=7261&e=8069. I never felt like we were close to wiping at all, I was mostly throttling myself because there wasn't much to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's hard for reactive healers to see any good numbers on the meters when there's a preventative healer in the raid group with them until you get further into the fight and you find it's harder to keep people at full health for 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
With pulse AoE dmg, like madness gives. You will come out over the other healers. You're absorbing dmg, rather than healing it. However, you do create a heal, and a HoT, with PoH, as well as mitigating incoming dmg.

This is just like how it was in Wrath, and early cataclsym. Heroic Blood Queen or Heroic Sindragosa, Disc priests would come out on top, because they're effectively absorbing all the dmg. Absorbed dmg > Healing the dmg. You have a better chance to get the FULL absorb, vs the full heal with other healers trying to snipe it. If constant dmg is coming out, you will absorb all the dmg, and prevent more healing. Less healing, puts the healers father to the bottom. More absorbs puts you to the top. That is why you're significantly coming out ahead over the other healers. Your spells are being counted for, while the others aren't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/13/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Eviva
It's hard for reactive healers to see any good numbers on the meters when there's a preventative healer in the raid group with them until you get further into the fight and you find it's harder to keep people at full health for 100% of the time.

This is true. I'm consistently on top of the meters for H Madness with my group, but things level out quite a bit towards the end. It's not even really a mana issue, since we no longer really have mana issues these days. But I will say that we're a bit paranoid about letting anyone get low when the corruption is out. Primarily due to horrific nightmares about how we wiped x amount of times to what amounts to RNG of the corruption choosing to crush someone two times in a row.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Bring a smite spec. its wonderful for cata burn phase.

you'll get less hps and make the pally feel better. while throwing monster heals when its needed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]