Tauren Paladins

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Paladin
08/15/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Bioníx
As a paladin of 7 years and a big lore fan, I don't mind the Sunwalkers. Honestly, I would have gotten behind the idea of Forsaken Paladins as well. After all we did have Sie Zeliek who I always thought was pretty awesome. So strong in the Light that even in undeath the Light has not left him.

As I have had this paladin for 8 years and been a big pally lore fan since before WoW, I disagree on the part of undead paladins, and that boss is just a forced UD minion of the scourge, his abilities may be holy, but the undead of the forsaken will never have such ability to become/remain paladins.

But I agree on taurens, I could of seen taurens getting paladins before it was mentioned.
83 Blood Elf Paladin
It's just not going to happen though. We're the only paladins that don't follow the same holy warrior archetype. If they make gear to fit us, it won't fit the rest of the paladin races (and race-specific gear just isn't going to happen). Probably the best you could hope for would be for warriors to get a tribal-themed set and we could use the non-set pieces.

For ability animations, as far as I know we're still empowered by the same Light; we just acquire it differently. So, it makes sense that our abilities look the same as the other paladins'. When we need a holy guardian, we call upon the Light and receive the same guardian that every other paladin would be given. (Not that I would be opposed to getting a tauren guardian, though.)

Thank you, that was very helpful in my decision.

Yeah, sadly there aren't enough tribal styled armors in WoW. Closest you can get is usually Troll armor and most of that is more of a dark/death theme and not as fitting for a Paladin. I played a Belf for far too long. The first day Tauren race change was available, I jumped at it and never looked back. The current ingame armors fit all other Paladin races much better, but I'm happy so long as I never have to be a Belf again.

I really wish they'd implement Forsaken Paladins as well. Initially it didn't fit with the lore of WoW at all as Paladins were immune (cleanse spam??) to the plague of undeath unleashed by the Cult of the Damned and Arthas. But post-Cataclysm, Sylvanas now has the Val'kyr to raise anyone (including Paladins who dies of mortal wounds) so it makes perfect sense lore wise (though I'm sure many will disagree). But if Forsaken Priests can channel the light, second generation Forsaken Paladins should be able to as well.

Back on topic: Race change, you'll be glad you did.

Edit: I always liked the look of the Heroes Redemption set, the browns and golds look very earthy and fit Tauren well. Also I always thought the Ruthless Gladiators set looked very Tauren appropriate as well. The helmet has a very hawkish look giving it kind of a tribal/totemic feel and the reds are a nice change from the run-of-the-mill golds and silvers Paladins usually wear.
90 Pandaren Priest
08/16/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Jakosta
for example, lore wise, UD priests are ALL Shadow.

Actually, Undead Priests do use holy magic, not shadow. But it's supposed to cause them a great deal of pain channeling the holy magic through their undead bodies.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Tauren or nothing...
100 Tauren Paladin
Honestly I love Tauren Paladins,
I really find the Tauren race appealing and of all the races on the horde id think Taurens are the best choice for paladins, even moreso than Blood Elves.... They just seem like a warm, friendly, peaceloving bunch, they almost are too nice to be on the horde.

But I do think Tauren Pallies need to have more of their own "look" than be big guys/gals stuffed into european knight like armor. It works for the blood elves but the tauren need to look a bit more tribal in their armor.... I really like their Sunwalker Kodo mount... but they should have taken it further with the whole look and feel of it. I made another paladin just to be a Tauren paladin, and I love him, hes a little goofy but in a good way :)

I guess if you want tribal armor you can Mogg the styles from the heroic 5man Troll dungeons, thats the closest you can get to a tribal plate armor look I think..... unless someone knows of any others.... The Taurens do get a class weapon quest with a great 2Handed Sword that looks very tauren.
Edited by Midnightsunn on 8/19/2012 11:09 PM PDT
86 Blood Elf Paladin
In reality only Human and Dwarves can really be called Paladins. Taurens are Sunwalkers, Blood Elves are called Blood Knights, and who knows what the Draenei call their "Holy Warriors" but for simplicity's sake they are all called Paladins. /thread
90 Tauren Paladin
08/20/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Ascendant
In reality only Human and Dwarves can really be called Paladins. Taurens are Sunwalkers, Blood Elves are called Blood Knights, and who knows what the Draenei call their "Holy Warriors" but for simplicity's sake they are all called Paladins. /thread

Vindicators.

And blood elves learned to be paladins from the Order of the Silver Hand, and were blessed by the Light after the Sunwell was cleansed, so they are "real" paladins by your definition. (So are Vindicators, actually. Only tauren really follow a different sort of paladinism.)
100 Human Paladin
Blizzards first mistake was giving Paladins to the Horde.
100 Human Paladin
Tauren paladins are blasphemers. End of story. Pray to your silly sun gods, but you should definitely not be able to use the same abilities a truly loyal, devout and proud paladin, such as myself, is allowed to use.

08/20/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Blizzards first mistake was giving Paladins to the Horde.

Also, this. ^
Edited by Rabanastre on 8/20/2012 11:08 AM PDT
73 Tauren Paladin
Blasphemers eh? sounds like an intolerance issue to me..... which humans in the WoW world are pretty famous for.... hmm silly sun gods eh? without the sun, how would life exist?
92 Human Warrior
08/20/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Goodburgers
Blasphemers eh? sounds like an intolerance issue to me..... which humans in the WoW world are pretty famous for.... hmm silly sun gods eh? without the sun, how would life exist?

Every race in WoW is guilty of intolerance. There was one Human commander in WarIII who was a dink.

Magatha Grimtotem is a Tauren, therefore Tauren are pretty famous for being underhanded and warmongering.
Technically Blood Elves can't be paladins either. In terms of lore they are Blood Knights. Blizzard isn't going to design a race specific class so we just have to get over that and kind of use our imaginations. I was originally a Tauren paladin before xfering. I just sort of pretended I was a true Sunwalker and ignored the fact that I was the exact replica of a light bearing Paladin.
90 Tauren Paladin
The only gear that looks like Sunwalker gear is mail hunter gear. Its funny that alliance complain that we shoud not be able to have Paladins and if that is the case the alliance should not have Shamans so kill that noise. What blizzard should think of doing with their next expansion is making one of the leveling sets look like a tribal Sunwalker set for transmog.
Edited by Barricade on 1/13/2013 9:26 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
I dont really get why they picked tauren over undead for paladins. Sure the forsaken are sort of an abomination toward the idea of holy, but they were once human and they have regained their free will so why can they not follow the path of the light again? Surely if they can be priests, they possess the power to be paladins as well.

Regardless, ignoring lore and reason I am glad they chose taurens anyway because I think they look goofy and that makes me enjoy playing them. Not to mention its fun to wear revealing armor just to make everyone else uncomfortable.
90 Tauren Paladin
This is a personal opinion, but I never felt Blood elves made sense as paladins. They were always obsessed with powerful/dark magic, being a BE paladin prancing around always felt weird.

Tauren being more a warrior race with a bit of a soft side always made more sense to me as far as the paladin class goes.
90 Human Paladin
This just goes back to what i've always said, they need to make tier gear different for every race. Yes, classes are classes, but every race is different in a variety of ways. An Orc Hunter should have a different 'style' to their gear than a Tauren Hunter. Same with Blood Elf Paladins and Tauren Paladins. There are different backgrounds and beliefs for every race and I feel that it would enhance the game if they took the time to bring that out in tier sets. It wouldn't be hard, it's not like we're asking them to go back and redo every single piece of gear in the game.

Transmog is an amazing advance in individuality for the player base, but this would be awesome for those that don't care to take the time and effort in putting together their own set. Obviously you're going to see other players that share your race and class, but it's definitely a smaller percentage than just seeing another similar class in general.

I don't know, I think it's a good idea. Always have.
90 Human Paladin
01/13/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Barricade
The only gear that looks like Sunwalker gear is mail hunter gear. Its funny that alliance complain that we shoud not be able to have Paladins and if that is the case the alliance should not have Shamans so kill that noise. What blizzard should think of doing with their next expansion is making one of the leveling sets look like a tribal Sunwalker set for transmog.

I miss the days of faction only classes. I thought it made choosing your faction a much bigger decision, knowing that you were going to be limited in one way or another depending on your choice.

It's sad to say, but this is where Warhammer Online shined. As atrocious as that game was, the class/faction idea was solid. Each faction had their own classes that were similar to their counterpart, but slightly different in concept. Too bad the game was such an awful experience otherwise.
35 Blood Elf Paladin
Screw lore, I want an Orc paladin :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]