Tauren Paladins

90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/14/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Nadrex
Screw lore, I want an Orc paladin :(

Yeah lore sucks i want to be undead pala already Lore be damned i don't care. Make it happen
Reply Quote
46 Pandaren Monk
08/14/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Elidra
Fortunately, Tauren "Paladins" and "Priests", known as Sunwalkers, are actually just Druids that have learned to use the sun as most Druids use the moon

Agree with you here. They are indeed Druids of the Sun who wear leather and are still nomadic and in tune with nature. No clearer is this highlighted than in how they draw from the light of the right eye of Elune - and she is the 'god' to which all druids turn, meaning that ultimately, Tauren 'priests' and 'paladins' are still no more than druids of the sun... not holy warriors on a crusade to deliver divine judgement in the name of the holy light that all other races who can be paladins draw their inspiration/belief/worship from.

However, at the end of the day, Blizzard loves their cows! Who wouldn't - especially OP cows who can be all the tanking and healing classes in the game! The more the better right, because we get more roast beefs!! Om nom nom nom!!!

Posted by SororitasThis leads them to look a little goofy (in my opinion) in paladin equipment. Does anyone else notice, or have a problem with this?

Oh noes! Don't get me started on cow sunwalkers in judgement armour. I shudder whenever I see one. It's the hood I tell you!!!
Reply Quote
46 Pandaren Monk
08/16/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Jakosta
As I have had this paladin for 8 years and been a big pally lore fan since before WoW, I disagree on the part of undead paladins, and that boss is just a forced UD minion of the scourge, his abilities may be holy, but the undead of the forsaken will never have such ability to become/remain paladins

This could work if after WOTLK expansion Sylvannas had opted to seek redemption instead of more vengeance by resorting to the plague to spread death/destruction and Val'kyr to raise new undead. Perhaps blizzard could have tied in something with the naaru/draenei 'cleansing' willing members of the forsaken, who devote themselves to the pursuit of justice and the defence of the holy light, in holy waters. This would thereby grant them the ability to channel holy light and be true paladins/priests.

...and finally, draenei and naaru would get some more lore. I feel so sorry for them especially, being left alone in the cold lore wise, without any real development since BC.
Reply Quote
46 Pandaren Monk
08/19/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Midknightsun
They just seem like a warm, friendly, peaceloving bunch, they almost are too nice to be on the horde.

Excuse me? Almost every tauren - especially the males and in LFR/heroics - I encounter are all grumpy, impatient, arrogant, aggressive and quick to blame others for their own mistakes.

Hardly nice. Mind you, there are a few very kind ones that I have met.

08/21/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Vaxia
Technically Blood Elves can't be paladins either. In terms of lore they are Blood Knights

Although you are partially right, you are ultimately incorrect. Blood Elves embraced the holy light after it was embedded into their sunwell along with the arcane energy. It has become a much bigger part of their society now. So whilst they did originally draw their holy light source from the divine naaru - Muru - they kept captive, the Blood Elven paladins have since been able to draw directly upon the holy light through their newfound faith. On the other hand, taurens don't have a source of 'holy light' - they only have their 'sunlight' and hence, druids of the sun and only paladins/priests for in-game mechanics.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
08/15/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Voldiir
*Response that tauren paladins are the best and everyone should be one.*

Taurens have always been my favorite race in WoW. Ever since I played WCIII. I just fell in love with their peaceful, shamanistic society. Cairne is still my favorite character in all of Warcraft history (as a result, I pretty much hate Garrosh and kill Grimtotems on sight). But my favorite class has always been Paladin. As such, I had to play as an ELF for YEARS! With their stupid pointy ears, that ridiculous twirly jump, and "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!

As soon as I heard that Taurens would be able to be Paladins, I practically squealed with joy over the prospects of it. The lore makes sense to me... more sense than any other horde race possibilities, anyways.

Now come on... You're saying that my armor looks bad? Well everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you. And to make matters worse... With transmogrification, isn't this kind of a moot point? Don't like your pally gear? Change it! There are Xmog sets ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Find something that you think looks good on you first! Use Atlas Loot if you want to actually see the equipment on your character. Then go get whatever set of gear you've chosen and Xmog it over your pally gear, that I guess you don't like. Problem solved.

This describes me as well.

Tauren 4 Life!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like the animation; the lore makes no sense, sun druids!
Edited by Infuser on 1/14/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Paladin
Being a Tauren paladin I know how much of a pain they can be. Trust me but then they start to grow on you then you think I am a Tauren paladin and I'm proud!
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Paladin
Orc paladins maybe but undead paladins that is scary!!
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Paladin
OI agree with Ranixx on this one if you don't like the look transmorg it! Look at it before hand or stay with level 40 gear forever see if Ia care
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
What? Tauren pallys do NOT look horrible in gear, we show off the gear very well thank you.... Some helmets look funny on us but helmets can look odd on other races too...I don't hate or !@#$% about blood elfs being pallys even though the lore was tweaked for them too...I don't see anything wrong with Tauren pallys, and we've been around awhile, why the hate still?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Ok after some poking around, to me it seems silly what blizz are doing. What they should have done is, [a] stick to lore for the race to class combo. Which they clearly did not. Or [b] throw out the lore for the race and class, so any class can be played by any race. Path [c] what they are doing is, pointing at a race and a class, flipping a coin and they determines if you can or cant play that class with that race.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Fortunately, Tauren "Paladins" and "Priests", known as Sunwalkers, are actually just Druids that have learned to use the sun as most Druids use the moon.

In game they're best (though not perfectly) represented as Priests and Paladins, but that isn't what they are.

I would prefer being a Sunwalker to a Paladin.

Avanaia
90 Tauren Sunwalker
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Fortunately, Tauren "Paladins" and "Priests", known as Sunwalkers, are actually just Druids that have learned to use the sun as most Druids use the moon.

In game they're best (though not perfectly) represented as Priests and Paladins, but that isn't what they are.

Avanaia
90 Tauren Sunwalker

I ll have to agree with you on that Avanaia... The Paladins stand for something ..their faith give their human allies courage. Sunwalker sounds like more of their own thing to me and I could respect that. As for the Blood Knigts are they really strong in faith?? I heard that they just bend the light to their will..sounds unpaladin like to me
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fortunately blizz has heard your cries about hamburger savages not deserving to wear plate and came up with the s13 PvP gear.

Actually, yes, that isn't too bad. I do like my current transmog for Sunwalker, because I feel the same as the OP. Taurens are tribal. My plate looks less like plate and more like leather.

Avanaia
90 Tauren Sunwalker

I ll have to agree with you on that Avanaia... The Paladins stand for something ..their faith give their human allies courage. Sunwalker sounds like more of their own thing to me and I could respect that. As for the Blood Knigts are they really strong in faith?? I heard that they just bend the light to their will..sounds unpaladin like to me

Yes and no. At first Blood Knights stole the light from the naruu Mruu, under the Blood Knight base of operations in SMC. Prince Kael stole Mruu and brought it to the Sunwell raid instance, where it was ultimately destroyed. But as the raid ended, and the Sunwell restored, Velen offered the heart of Mruu into the Sunwell, thus sealing the bloodelves connection to the Light once more, so they no longer have to drain the Naruu from it, but get it naturally from the Sunwell.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'll admit, I was skeptical. But I do feel I couldn't play a traditional sunwalker. It's why this guy is a veteran of the Argent Dawn/Crusade. I even use the argent charger as his class mount. Is it a bit atypical? Yeah, but it's fun to play a Tauren who actually 'gets' the the tenants of the holy light. It makes for interesting rp.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Paladin
I really, really want to level this guy. I like him mainly because of the name. The name is full of so much win!

Some day... maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Tauren paladins are the worst thing that happened to Paladin class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/14/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Lobster
Tauren paladins are the worst thing that happened to Paladin class.

You spelled "male draenei" wrong.

I was going to double up and call you on your spelling of draenei but then I discovered I have chronic dyslexia apparently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]