Hunter issue with losing weapon enchant(s)

85 Orc Hunter
I have posted this in the class feedback on the beta forums but apparently the problem hasn't got any traction.

I wonder with the loss of our stat sticks how enchants are going to start to factor in as of right now we can only use scopes to enhance our weapons. I am cool with that as long as they are on par with what I would get if I didn't have said restriction.

I also wonder how this change is going to effect hunters from 1-84? Are the old scopes going to be updated to be a lot better to compensate for the fact that we will no longer be able to use enchants? Lets be quite honest here Crude Scope (I mean really +1 weapon damage or +30 agility, no brainer what we are losing) Standard Scope Accurate Scope Deadly Scope and the list goes on, all of those pale in respect to what I could get and what I lose by not being able to use enchants.

I do believe this is going to become a big issue when all these changes go live and people leveling hunters start to realize what I realized the other night.

Like I said in the post it is going to become apparent when this change goes live. All the old scopes need to be re-tooled to compensate for the loss of our ability to use weapon enchants. All of them up until you can use the new Engineering scopes that were introduced with MoP. I also wonder if the new scopes are on par with enchants you can get, think of dual wielding Windsong and Dancing Steel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Why would they go back to change old world enchants? They balance end game not low levels
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
08/12/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Sluaghadhân
Why would they go back to change old world enchants? They balance end game not low levels

/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Won't matter.

Levelling is so rediculously easy now there's no point. A naked hunter could hit 85 at a moderately rapid pace currently, and that will only get worse in MoP.
Reply Quote
08/12/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Stylo

/facepalm

i think palming yourself in the face is a good idea. 99.9% of players do not care about gear at low levels. just worry about enchants at lvl 90.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/12/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Stylo

/facepalm

Hello derp, meet durp.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
The fact that Blizz only balances end game and some people don't care does not mean the OP does not have a valid point.

That said. It may be an easy way for Blizz to nerf low level hunters and silence all the QQ coming from the BG forums. However, if this happens rogues could be left unchecked and become the undisputed kings of low level PVP.
Reply Quote
Blizz has enough of a problem balancing the top level. that is all that matters. who cares about crappy scopes when levelling - waste of time and gold. you need just enough gear to level, then gear up when you are 90. no doubt greens will be dropping from random trash mobs as we level in MoP with superior stats to what we have now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
OK. Opinion stated the first time is the same opinion the second time.

Still does not change the point the OP is making.

OPs point is about low level hunters and if you don't care about low level, we get it and you can stop posting / repeating yourself.
Reply Quote
you do not seem to understand the issue. scopes at low level are not important since you upgrade your weapon so often.
Reply Quote
08/12/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Eponine
what if you use BOAs

any stats the scope adds are insignificant whilst levelling
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
08/12/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Saralondé
you do not seem to understand the issue. scopes at low level are not important since you upgrade your weapon so often.

No.

You do not understand the issue. The OP knows this and is suggesting a change to low level scopes to compensate for the loss of our stat stick.

Please do not embarrass yourself by suggesting that you change your bow (scope) more then you change your melee weapon (enchanted).

Oh wait !!
08/12/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Saralondé
any stats the scope adds are insignificant whilst levelling

You just embarrassed yourself by making the OPs point.

Low level scope stats are insignificant compared to stat stick enchants. Hunters lose the stat stick.

Please stop.
Reply Quote
you are clueless. there is absolutely no need to change scopes at low levels. let's allow Blizz to concentrate their efforts for MoP where it matters most - LEVEL 90

we are not the only class losing stat stick

please stop stalking me and responding to all my posts
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Uh no. I am not clueless.

The OP spoke on a subject that concerns him and you felt the need to give your opinion. OK... You don't care and we get that.

Now you want to derail the thread (as usual) by dominating it with your opinion.

Well the OP cares and you trying to be the forum bully / moderator played out a long time ago.

You said stated your opinion and if you don't care then stop posting in the thread.

BTW. Blizz has your old account so you can post on your main anytime you want to.

edit. Me stalking you ?? Where in the World of Warcraft did you get that from. You know good and Gawd well I ignore 99.99% of the things you say. Get real dude.
Edited by Ironrain on 8/12/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Uh no. I am not clueless.

The OP spoke on a subject that concerns him and you felt the need to give your opinion. OK... You don't care and we get that.

Now you want to derail the thread (as usual) by dominating it with your opinion.

Well the OP cares and you trying to be the forum bully / moderator played out a long time ago.

You said stated your opinion and if you don't care then stop posting in the thread.

stop getting so mad. the forum is meant as way of discussion. if eveyone agreed on everything - life would be very boring. i personally feel very strongly when people try to waste Blizzards time looking at insignifcant issues such as scopes at low lvl when they need to concentrate on MoP end game.

BTW. Blizz has your old account so you can post on your main anytime you want to.

do not make assumptions
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
stop getting so mad. the forum is meant as way of discussion.

08/12/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Saralondé
please stop stalking me and responding to all my posts

Contradict much ??

Oh just don't respond when you don't like how the discussion is going.

i personally feel very strongly when people try to waste Blizzards time looking at insignifcant issues such as scopes at low lvl when they need to concentrate on MoP end game.

Same bull different day. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine. If you don't agree that's fine. However you suggesting this thread is taking up Blizzards time is ludicrous.

As for assumptions... There is a reason you are not posting on your main and I doubt its a good one.
Reply Quote
lol - you are like a little gnat that won't go away. my main is no secret

<---- click here. you will find me.

in fact why don't you come to Barth and i'll chuck ya a guild invite. we can hang out, flirt on Vent and i can teach you how to hunt
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]