Good Animes?

85 Draenei Shaman
Just wanted to gather up a few seeing as i'll have some free time coming up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Trigun. The anime leaves a few things out from the manga but I have a soft spot for that anime.

Petshop of Horrors was good too but it only got maybe 4 episodes animated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Name some you like and we'll have a better idea what to recommend.

Otherwise you'll just get people hurling their own top ten lists at you
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Scrapped princess is a pretty good anime.

So is fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood.

For long series anime I also recommend fairy tail if random crazy fantasy is your cup of tea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eckmwr1K2uU

Is a good little 'amv' of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Granted, it's very much a love it or hate it series...

But if you haven't seen it already, I would strongly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion. It admittedly does get rather graphic after the halfway point,the ending is rather (in)famously strange, and the main protagonist is at least half of the reason for the love it or hate it status, but I found it to be worthwhile and highly insightful. If you want to get a feel for it, I'd also recommend watching Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11

Juuuust a word of warning: the original series had NOTHING in terms of goriness and other explicit content compared to the sequel movie, End of Evangelion.

In short: It's either a brilliant, dark work of sci fi mixed with a bit of a coming of age story and an analysis of the human condition, or it's an overhyped bunch of untreated angst and other psychological issues, with religious icons that have little relevance to the plot at large beyond looking creepy, depending mainly on your own point of view.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Gurren Lagann

Go.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/13/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Marriama
If you want to get a feel for it, I'd also recommend watching Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11

Evangelion 2.22 is also quite good, although the extra pilot turning up for no reason was... odd.

But then she went crazy nuts and it was awesome so things worked out.

Evangelion 1.11/2.22 don't feel as... philosophical to me though, as the original did.

I think it's because they softened up the characters into actual people instead of articulate archtypes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Monster.

Synopsis taken from another site (obvously). It does not do the anime justice.

The brilliant and successful neurosurgeon Dr. Tenma one day comes across a child and saves his life not knowing that he’s actually a monster. Unaware of his mistake, Dr. Tenma is about to be dragged into the worst set of serial murder cases to have ever been staged in Europe.

Since Dr. Tenma resurrected the monster, he sets off on a long and difficult journey to destroy it.

It's one solid storyline from start to finish. 74 episodes iirc. It starts out fairly simple and become quite complex. Easily the best anime I've watched in the past decade. Subbed of course. I can't stand most dubs.

Edit:

Another one that I used to watch, but started reading the manga because it was further along and I wanted more.

Ultimate Survivor Kaiji (Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji). Another synopsis.

Kaiji has had a rough life. Because of his eccentric disposition and the 1990's recession, he can't hold a steady job and has no hope of a better future. He's become bitter and withdrawn, and sometimes, when the stress and worry of life becomes too much, he'll slash tires from foriegn cars and steal their decals. But his life is about to get worse; one of his friends owe the Yakuza a lot of money, and after that friend skipped town, the Yakuza is expecting Kaiji to cough up 3,850,000 yen. He has one of two options: he can either spend forty years of his life paying off the debt, or he can pay off the debt and make millions of dollars from a single night of gambling. But if he loses that gamble, he will face a fate worse than death....

Also a single storyline throughout the series. I love watching Kaiji get cornered and run through a gauntlet of emotions. It has lots of success, failures, friendships and betrayals.

Another one is Akagi. Also a gambling anime based around Mahjong. Both animes explain rules of the various gambles as needed though it can get dry if you don't actually care about gambling rules. Still, both are quite entertaining since it really digs into the mindset of the people involved in the gambling.

Edit 2:

Forgot about this one because I mostly just read the manga and it's slow moving. An anime version started airing this year. Mysterious Girlfriend X. It a romantic comedy with a twist. The main character is addicted to his girlfriend's drool. Yes, drool. They never kiss so he has to suck the drool from her finger. If he doesn't get his "dose" then he gets quite sick. It has lots of sweet moments if you're into relationship type stuff. For me, the drool addiction is so wtf and out there that I can't help but see where they take the story. Lots of sexual overtones in the anime and a fair amount of fan service if you care about that.
Edited by Vandella on 8/14/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/14/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Vandella
Another one is Akagi. Also a gambling anime based around Mahjong. Both animes explain rules of the various gambles as needed though it can get dry if you don't actually care about gambling rules. Still, both are quite entertaining since it really digs into the mindset of the people involved in the gambling.

Akagi was brilliant. I remember he spent an entire episode simply explaining the rationale between what he did during a Yakuza game that'd just ended, and the entire episode was spellbinding.

Monster.

Synopsis taken from another site (obvously). It does not do the anime justice.

The brilliant and successful neurosurgeon Dr. Tenma one day comes across a child and saves his life not knowing that he’s actually a monster. Unaware of his mistake, Dr. Tenma is about to be dragged into the worst set of serial murder cases to have ever been staged in Europe.

Since Dr. Tenma resurrected the monster, he sets off on a long and difficult journey to destroy it.

It's one solid storyline from start to finish. 74 episodes iirc. It starts out fairly simple and become quite complex. Easily the best anime I've watched in the past decade. Subbed of course. I can't stand most dubs.

I never thought of Monster like that, exactly. It's kind of like Frankenstein except the doctor is a neurosurgeon and the monster is a psychopath. The parallels to the Mary Shelley novel are rather striking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Sailor Moon.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
FLCL trust me you'll love it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/15/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Keltastic
FLCL trust me you'll love it.

And follow it up with Diebuster.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
08/15/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Verelyse
I never thought of Monster like that, exactly. It's kind of like Frankenstein except the doctor is a neurosurgeon and the monster is a psychopath. The parallels to the Mary Shelley novel are rather striking.

Have to take your word on it. Never read the book. I do know the basic story elements though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gasaraki. If you can stomach NGE, then Gasaraki should please with a bit less...weird.

Witch Hunter Robin.

If you want shorter and lighter, then Murder Princess and Ruin Explorers are good bets.
Reply Quote
43 Human Paladin
Azumanga Daioh.
Reply Quote
I've been enjoying Natsume's Book of Friends of late, and despite the horrendous name Bodacious Space Pirates was pretty good as well. If you want some old school (don't know how long you've been watching) dig up the old Tenchi Muyo stuff, not that GXP mess, or try out some Ranma 1/2 and be surprised at the references made to in in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Good always depends on the person.

Me I like sarcastic little shows like Humanity has Declined.

It's kind of a nitch show, little bit of WTF? but I enjoy it.

Pop over to Funimation or Crunchyroll or Hulu and sift through their libraries you're bound to find something you'll enjoy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]