Valor in Mop

What's being done with it? Is it worth saving valor up until Mop is released?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Did they say that somewhere? I'm not gonna farm points anyway because i'm too lazy now, but it'd be nice to know I wouldn't benefit from it anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
08/14/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Awria
They've said it, and it always happens anyway.

I really want some citation on this. They have never just strait up converted all of our currency to gold before. Even after the transition from Wrath to Cata, I had a decent amount of JP in my pocket for when I hit 85.
Edited by Garsid on 8/14/2012 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
08/14/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Sealan
Valor, Honor, Conquest, Justice Points, will all be converted to gold before MoP gear is available.

Wouldn't it just be converted to gold beyond the JP/Honor caps?

That's what happened with the Cata release.
Reply Quote
It's not worth saving up unless you are really hard up for gold. I don't remember getting alot from the other conversions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
In a previous expansion, all of your valor were converted to Justice Points. With a 4000 cap on Justice Points, any excess were converted to gold.

On the beta, the conversion wasn't done on release, but at the end of June, all my Valor was converted to Justice to a cap of 4000 and I got a mail with some gold, explaining that this was for the overage.

There is no cap for JP on beta, and the cap for VP is 3000 points.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/14/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Arthrin
Did they say that somewhere? I'm not gonna farm points anyway because i'm too lazy now, but it'd be nice to know I wouldn't benefit from it anyway.

They've said it, and it always happens anyway.

I really want some citation on this. They have never just strait up converted all of our currency to gold before. Even after the transition from Wrath to Cata, I had a decent amount of JP in my pocket for when I hit 85.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2943351

World of Warcraft update 4.2, Rage of the Firelands, will introduce the first new raid tier in Cataclysm, and with that it will also introduce the first conversion from Valor Points to Justice Points. For anyone running Heroics and raids, this is important information to ensure you spend your points wisely before release of the patch.

With the release of patch 4.2 all Valor Points will be converted down to Justice Points up to the 4000 point cap, with any points over the cap being converted to gold at a rate of 47 silver per point. In addition, all previous Tier 11 Valor items will now be purchasable with Justice from the Justice Point vendors, and new Tier 12 Valor items will be available from the Valor vendors.

For example: I have 3300 Justice Points and 1600 Valor Points. Upon logging in after 4.2 releases I’ll see that my Valor has been down-converted to Justice; I now have 4000 Justice Points and 0 Valor Points. 900 of my Valor Points were over the 4000 point cap, they converted at a rate of 47 silver per point (.47x900), and so I received 423 gold as compensation.

The maximum you can have is 4000 Justice points, and Justice will be able to buy Tier 11 gear, so it’s important to go ahead and spend Valor before 4.2 if the conversion would take you over the 4000-point Justice cap and you have no need for the gold.
Edited by Bathin on 8/14/2012 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
08/14/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Bathin

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2943351

World of Warcraft update 4.2, Rage of the Firelands, will introduce the first new raid tier in Cataclysm, and with that it will also introduce the first conversion from Valor Points to Justice Points. For anyone running Heroics and raids, this is important information to ensure you spend your points wisely before release of the patch.

With the release of patch 4.2 all Valor Points will be converted down to Justice Points up to the 4000 point cap, with any points over the cap being converted to gold at a rate of 47 silver per point. In addition, all previous Tier 11 Valor items will now be purchasable with Justice from the Justice Point vendors, and new Tier 12 Valor items will be available from the Valor vendors.

For example: I have 3300 Justice Points and 1600 Valor Points. Upon logging in after 4.2 releases I’ll see that my Valor has been down-converted to Justice; I now have 4000 Justice Points and 0 Valor Points. 900 of my Valor Points were over the 4000 point cap, they converted at a rate of 47 silver per point (.47x900), and so I received 423 gold as compensation.

The maximum you can have is 4000 Justice points, and Justice will be able to buy Tier 11 gear, so it’s important to go ahead and spend Valor before 4.2 if the conversion would take you over the 4000-point Justice cap and you have no need for the gold.

This is what I figured would happen, I was questioning the guy who said:

08/14/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Sealan
Valor, Honor, Conquest, Justice Points, will all be converted to gold before MoP gear is available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]