Did someone say "FREE PANDARIA GLYPHS?"

90 Blood Elf Priest
Not quite, but don't hit that back button just yet! It's not as crazy as it sounds.

As you may have heard, Blizzard is recycling many current glyph IDs which are being reused in Mists of Pandaria (as they did with old IDs from Wrath of the Lich King). What does this mean for you? Say you take my currently known Glyph of Spirit Tap. The corresponding ID in Wrath was Glyph of Mind Sear, and in MoP will become the new Glyph of Dark Binding.

Wait, what just happened? That's right, the old glyph I knew simply transformed into a new glyph at no charge.

A lot of you may be saying, "Well, duh!" If that's the case, this thread isn't for you. However if you want to know how to maximize this opportunity to get as many free glyphs as possible in 5.0, read on...

It's very simple. All you do is learn all possible glyphs for your character(s). Really, it's that easy. Pay what you normally would from the Auction House, scrounge up "bad" glyphs from your messy guild bank, and just learn, learn, learn.

Don't just take my word for it, however; WoW Insider mentioned this in their A First Look at Mist of Pandaria Professions: Inscription, seen here: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/12/a-first-look-at-mists-of-pandaria-professions-inscription/

Are you wondering which glyphs are actually getting converted? If you're looking for ID to ID side-by-side comparison, check out The Stoppable Force's comprehensive guide by class: http://thestoppableforce.net/glyph-conversion-chart/

A few caveats: there may be some new created IDs, which means that you will not automatically know every glyph for your class. This will definitely be the case for monks.

If you're scrambling to find those few missing, obscure (and at the moment, likely useless) glyphs to fill out the roster, I can certainly be of service! I've spent ridiculous amounts of gold on Book of Glyph Mastery to learn every available glyph in the game currently. I also have a nice stockpile of mats and won't gouge the prices, which is certainly going to be the case when the expansion hits.

One last note... Your due date to complete this is likely NOT September 25th, but the upcoming Tuesday when patch 5.0 is released. Which Tuesday is hard to say, but with the background downloader running we all know it's coming soon.

You have limited time to save yourself a lot of money, so get on it, Azjol!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yep! I'm learning all I can and selling off the rest. By the way, 5.0 hits on the 28th. Get buying! The prices will only go up in Mists.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Patch 5.0.4 is August 28th, in two weeks.... Commence arm-flailing sequence!!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I plan to sell my Inscription services, no charge. :p

Tips appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I know. I can't believe my aunt timed her wedding to coincide with the patch release. I won't be able to sell off price-gouged glyphs, work on last-minute fixes to my addons, level up my pets... Talk about poor planning.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well it's official, folks! The 5.0.4 pre-patch will be released on August 28th. Buy your glyphs now!

Again, here is the glyph conversion chart which has been since updated:
http://thestoppableforce.net/glyph-conversion-chart/

I have a large stock of ink and charge fairly... I also accept barters for herbs and guarantee large orders (20+ glyphs) within 24-48 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Glyphs convert tomorrow! I'll be crafting and selling all night and am online now; send me an in-game mail with your order.

GLYPH CONVERSION CHART: http://thestoppableforce.net/glyph-conversion-chart/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]