Problems with Mists of Pandaria

90 Orc Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo&feature=player_embedded
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
+1
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
This video has been post over 50 times in individual topics on MMO-champion.

To that video I will answer: What makes TBC looks that good is the fact that it's past. If TBC was still present, people would be complaining about alot of things. But since it's past, it's drown in nostalgia. The only things I miss from TBC are synergy between PvE and PvP (you get your PvP gears in raids) and the fact that we didn't had over 100k HP (which makes me lose this newbie fealing I used to have).

I got to say that I don't miss the non-existance of DR (lol stunlock ixe dee)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/13/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Heloryan
If TBC was still present, people would be complaining about alot of things.

If you are going to complain about them type of things, don't play this game then? Everything that was mentioned in that video, is 100% correct. This game doesn't feel that epic anymore. I remember I couldn't raid in TBC/Wrath (In 25m) and how epic of a feeling it was when I actually killed a raid boss when I went to a cafe to raid. Now its like "Oh, cool I get to kill a boss a week or 2 before they nerf it for the rest of the people to kill it."

Seriously, by having the nerf in, they are just saying Hey its ok to suck, we'll make the content easier for you to kill. Call me elitist if you want, but this is coming from someone who didn't raid since vanilla. I sat and watched my friends raid, and rooted for them, and when I was in Lets Go Burgling, I felt PROUD to be a part of that guild, even though I never stepped into serpent shrine cavern until about 4 months after they cleared. THEN I felt like I achieved something by clearing bosses that took time, weeks to progress on, not one or two nights of wiping but weeks, months.

I for one would love to see in MoP Harder content, that I can't kill within a week or two. It would not only extend the life of the game but it would also create something for people to work towards. Yeah the Casual players misses out. But, to be frank with you guys, Clarity raids 3 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. I'm just as casual as the rest of the guilds and am able to balance a 40-60 hour work week + full time @ school. If you can't commit the time to raiding a few nights a week for a few hours, and be able to kill bosses that are un-nerfed...then don't raid, do LFR, leave heroics for the people who can actually kill them. **SPOILER ALERT** LFR Madness of Deathwing DIES the same as Heroic Madness.... and guess what... we get the SAME Cinematic.

sorry for the rant xD

INC OMG UR AN ELITIST !@#$%^- ;)

Also, I believe in people, I believe that EVERYONE on this server can kill a heroic boss w/o the nerfs that blizzard has given you. Just need to spend a little time and dedication and as my professor at college says have a little something that begins with a P and ends with an N(PASSION) for what you do.

C'mon Arthas, step it up.
Edited by Muxx on 8/13/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
08/13/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Muxx

If you are going to complain about them type of things, don't play this game then? Everything that was mentioned in that video, is 100% correct. This game doesn't feel that epic anymore. I remember I couldn't raid in TBC/Wrath (In 25m) and how epic of a feeling it was when I actually killed a raid boss when I went to a cafe to raid. Now its like "Oh, cool I get to kill a boss a week or 2 before they nerf it for the rest of the people to kill it."

Seriously, by having the nerf in, they are just saying Hey its ok to suck, we'll make the content easier for you to kill. Call me elitist if you want, but this is coming from someone who didn't raid since vanilla. I sat and watched my friends raid, and rooted for them, and when I was in Lets Go Burgling, I felt PROUD to be a part of that guild, even though I never stepped into serpent shrine cavern until about 4 months after they cleared. THEN I felt like I achieved something by clearing bosses that took time, weeks to progress on, not one or two nights of wiping but weeks, months.

I for one would love to see in MoP Harder content, that I can't kill within a week or two. It would not only extend the life of the game but it would also create something for people to work towards. Yeah the Casual players misses out. But, to be frank with you guys, Clarity raids 3 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. I'm just as casual as the rest of the guilds and am able to balance a 40-60 hour work week + full time @ school. If you can't commit the time to raiding a few nights a week for a few hours, and be able to kill bosses that are un-nerfed...then don't raid, do LFR, leave heroics for the people who can actually kill them. **SPOILER ALERT** LFR Madness of Heroic DIES the same as Heroic Madness.... and guess what... we get the SAME Cinematic.

sorry for the rant xD

INC OMG UR AN ELITIST !@#$%^- ;)

Also, I believe in people, I believe that EVERYONE on this server can kill a heroic boss w/o the nerfs that blizzard has given you. Just need to spend a little time and dedication and as my professor at college says have a little something that begins with a P and ends with an N(PASSION) for what you do.

C'mon Arthas, step it up.

Thank you, Muxx.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yea well said muxx, but it doesn't matter what we think.

They've made this game for casuals and it's going to stay that way as long as there are more casuals playing this game getting blizz those subs.

I hate to be a pessimist but I doubt it will ever change.
Edited by Knox on 8/14/2012 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It isn't going to happen they've said they enjoy the progressive nerf model and are trying to placate raiders with a FOS which is terrible IMO but as Knox said not alot can be done about it at this point
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
They made PvE Easier (well, you can still disable the buff they give you in raid) and made PvP more interactive. Fair trade if you ask me.

If you are going to complain about them type of things, don't play this game then? Everything that was mentioned in that video, is 100% correct.

So you agree with a guy that create a video to complain and then claim that people complaining shouldn't play this game. Right...
Edited by Heloryan on 8/14/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/14/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Heloryan
They made PvE Easier (well, you can still disable the buff they give you in raid) and made PvP more interactive. Fair trade if you ask me.

You're totally missing the point of the video, rewatch it and pay CLOSE attention.

and I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "pvp being more interactive"
Edited by Knox on 8/14/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

You're totally missing the point of the video, rewatch it and pay CLOSE attention.

and I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "pvp being more interactive"

I know this video by heart. Saw it twice already. And PvE being easier is one of the major points of this video (especially when he talks about the time it took to major PvE guild to get the world first). This and the lack of lore. But don't forget WoW has pass the already known lore of warcraft. It's kinda sad to say, but they've push the lore way too fast in TBC. Too many vilains in a single x-pack.

PvP being more interactive means more spells, more things to watch and not being stun lock to death by a single TBC rogue.
Edited by Heloryan on 8/14/2012 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/14/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Heloryan
So you agree with a guy that create a video to complain and then claim that people complaining shouldn't play this game. Right...

By complaining do you mean bringing up valid points?
Reply Quote

I for one would love to see in MoP Harder content, that I can't kill within a week or two. It would not only extend the life of the game but it would also create something for people to work towards. Yeah the Casual players misses out. But, to be frank with you guys, Clarity raids 3 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. I'm just as casual as the rest of the guilds and am able to balance a 40-60 hour work week + full time @ school. If you can't commit the time to raiding a few nights a week for a few hours, and be able to kill bosses that are un-nerfed...then don't raid, do LFR, leave heroics for the people who can actually kill them. **SPOILER ALERT** LFR Madness of Deathwing DIES the same as Heroic Madness.... and guess what... we get the SAME Cinematic.

its that people don't wanna commit to raiding anymore people want to play the way they wanna play. Even if there way is just beyond horrible. 90% of the people i talk to now have never heard of simming there char. Im glad to see the general knowledge spills from some class websites unlike before.

egh whatever cutting rant way short ill finish it later
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/15/2012 03:37 AMPosted by Moddedlol
its that people don't wanna commit to raiding anymore people want to play the way they wanna play.

With LFR they are allowed to play the way they want to play. I know where you are comming from though. The different difficulties offers that to people, but because THERE IS other difficulties, people believe that they are entitled to be able to play that content, and that they(blizzard) should dumb down content so they can play it.

The reason they added heroic was, not to add more content, but to add something for people who take a more hardcore look at the game. Normal is meant for the casual, who can spend a couple hours a night a few nights a week to raid. LFR is for the person who gets on and can spend 2-3 hours w/o working on his gear, or spending the time to read up about his class and just get on to push buttons and see a story.

Basically the progressive nerf is ruining the game. Now the casuals are asking for blizzard to put the nerfs in @ 30% upon release. Then allow us to select how much to nerf it and work our way to 0%... /facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Whether or not they start the encounters at 30% or 0%, permitting progressive removal of the buff (one stack at a time vs. the whole thing) would give a whole lot of guilds the ability to keep pushing progression while they wait for new content to come out, as well as function as an 'intelligent training dummy' if you will, to become better.

I can't think of a good reason not to permit this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/16/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Whiteleaf
I can't think of a good reason not to permit this.

IF they implemented a 30% nerf of all content that could be knocked down to 25,20,15,10,5%, They would effectively ruin any and all purposes for LFR Normal and Heroic content.

Is that not what LFR is for? For the people who can't get into a guild or do normal raiding so that they can get gear and get better and then move onto normal pugs/guilds. Then normal is the stepping stone for heroic. Then guilds that can manage Heroic w/o the normal gear can clear heroic faster than others.

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats how I thought the game worked and that LFR is the pre nerfed content and if you wanted a step up from that u did normal. On live normal is easier than LFR, Heroic Morchok w/ the buff on is easier than LFR morchock.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
To clear up any confusion, I wasn't advocating the 30% buff to transition over to Normal or LFR. I think slightly increasing the required focus for LFR by replacing mechanics and reducing incoming damage would be enough to help players migrate to Normal, which I think itself is tuned just fine.

My point was merely that allowing those who have cleared a boss on Heroic 30 to attempt it on Heroic 25, Heroic 20, etc. would give them challenges to work on beyond simply clearing a dungeon.
Reply Quote
the main thing i dont get is that its focus is on the pve side of things there allowed to see all that pve heroic raiding has to offer without much effort where as pvp side of things i will never see myself with a glad(that 3% they said people saw sinestra pve wise) title they dont allow that to the casual player why dwendle down one side of the slope rather than the other
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/18/2012 12:05 AMPosted by Skypez
the main thing i dont get is that its focus is on the pve side of things there allowed to see all that pve heroic raiding has to offer without much effort where as pvp side of things i will never see myself with a glad(that 3% they said people saw sinestra pve wise) title they dont allow that to the casual player why dwendle down one side of the slope rather than the other

Exactly, I WANT MAH GLADIATORZ MOUNTZ ZAMG THAT IS CONTENTS ILLL NEVER SEE GET ON THIS GHOSTCRAWLY

But yeah, They need a mode which they dont touch and casual players will either have to suck it up and learn to play or they will just have to admit defeat that they cant see every piece of content in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/18/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Muxx
Exactly, I WANT MAH GLADIATORZ MOUNTZ ZAMG THAT IS CONTENTS ILLL NEVER SEE GET ON THIS GHOSTCRAWLY

Oh jesus no..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/18/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Knox
Oh jesus no..

in b4 "We've decided that since only .5% of the population of wow get to see the title gladiator mount and title, that we would add a debuff that would bring the people that have higher ranks down to the level of the people who are lower ranked. This week we're pleased to announce our LOLPVPFORNOOBS buff! ... For every 100 rating you have acquired we will nerf your damage by 5%, and also increase your cool-downs by 5%! This will allow the players in the lower ranks a chance to finally get the Gladiator title and mounts!"
Edited by Muxx on 8/18/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]