Brewmaster tanking PoV.

87 Blood Elf Warrior
This makes me even more excited to level my monk. T_T Why u do dis.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Nice work Eflow,
and really everyone on the brewmaster thread, i have been following it all beta and learned alot.

Eflow, what unit frames are you using? the chi "points" display is that from Strawberry's TAO?

thanks for your time
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
the unit frames is pitbull. It finally got updated to MoP.

- the chi counter is Weak Auras.

- the icons in the middle are the cooldowns of important procs/skills (the proc from jab, guard, expel harm, RJW etc) .. also from weak auras.

- the stagger tracker (the green pulsing thing in the middle of the screen, that turns yellow or red as well) is weak auras to.

I think it's possible for me to export and link the code so someone else can import it (and modify it to suit their personal needs =p )
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
All weaks auras eh?
ill have to play around with that some.

Thanks again :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Ive been playing with weak aura and it seems fairly customizable, I am having issues figuring out how you did the stagger display, especially the one in the bottom left corner of your screen. Can you post the settings?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
that would be Strawberry's addon: Tao.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21191-BrewmasterTao.html

It's better in terms of tracking exactly how much stagger you have, but currently doesn't have any further configuration, and since I like to get my UI "pretty" (that is obviously my beta UI, with less than half of my addons, I didn't bother to setup everything from live on beta) ...

basically i'm using weak auras to track it, to get used with it, in case strawberry don't add further customization options.

and tbh it's working fairly well. I noticed that "how much" stagger is tracking isn't really necessary (you can display the text on weak auras as well, just not the "filling bar") .. it's much more about:

green = ok
yellow = attention
flashing red = omg use purefying brew asap.

I didn't feel like it is necessary to know that I'm staggering 32872 dmg.

To track stagger, I picked the animation (like, a symbol or whatever, flashing on your screen) and tied it to "green stagger". And do a similar process with the other staggers (yellow and red).

because the stagger debuffs have different spell IDs so you can track them and assign a different "animation" to each. On my UI:

light stagger = the friendly slowly pulsing green runes
yellow stagger = slightly bigger yellow runes, more visible
red stagger = flashing big red runes
Edited by Eflow on 8/12/2012 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
the unit frames is pitbull. It finally got updated to MoP.

- the chi counter is Weak Auras.

- the icons in the middle are the cooldowns of important procs/skills (the proc from jab, guard, expel harm, RJW etc) .. also from weak auras.

- the stagger tracker (the green pulsing thing in the middle of the screen, that turns yellow or red as well) is weak auras to.

I think it's possible for me to export and link the code so someone else can import it (and modify it to suit their personal needs =p )

Hey could you please export the code for us? This would be really helpful!

I assume all we do is hit 'Import a Display from an Encoded String' in the weakaura's UI?
Edited by Archdrood on 8/13/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
chi tracker (the green squares in the middle)
http://pastebin.com/id68U5Wq

Stagger
http://pastebin.com/6DkY7Bas

Just do a new > import and paste that big code there
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
If you check the initial videos, this guy did a very good tutorial on the different things you can do with Weak Auras:

http://www.youtube.com/user/touchymcfeel/videos?sort=dd&view=0&page=2
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thanks, will check it out later when I get home
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Does the color coded stagger track take into account greater gear level?

What I'm thinking is that it might be that yellow stagger for someone just starting into T14 may not be a 'yellow' stagger for someone entering T16.

I'm sure I probably could word that better, but it's late and I'm tired.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
08/08/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Ghostcrawler
While on the topic of PB, can it be documented somewhere what the colors (green, yellow, red) of the Stagger stack mean, exactly?

The color is purely for display purposes, to give you a quick indication of how strong the Stagger DoT currently is. The logic for the colors is based on the damage per tick as a % of your max health. Red means >6%, Yellow means >3%, Green means >0%.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Does the color coded stagger track take into account greater gear level?

What I'm thinking is that it might be that yellow stagger for someone just starting into T14 may not be a 'yellow' stagger for someone entering T16.

I'm sure I probably could word that better, but it's late and I'm tired.

like Ratatoskr said, stagger is proportional to your hp. So it always means the same thing (in terms of "danger").

Ideally you use purefying brew after it reaches yellow. Red is really "cleanse asap", because if you have 500k hp, you are taking over 30k dmg per second from stagger.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
chi tracker (the green squares in the middle)
http://pastebin.com/id68U5Wq

Stagger
http://pastebin.com/6DkY7Bas

Just do a new > import and paste that big code there

Hey do you mind updating the Stagger script. It seems to be broken after the beata
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]