Axis is recruiting for 25m leading into mists

90 Dwarf Paladin
5-8 PM server time Saturday and Sunday.

We are looking for players over the age of 18 to form a 25m team that is competitive in progression with the servers 10m teams.

If your a skilled and relaxed player who takes raiding serious but is also respectful towards other players inside and outside of the guild please drop me or maddaxe a mail in-game and we will talk.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Not seeing the gain of having people 18 or older. I knew a couple people and one semi-famous person who was easily one of the top hunters on Naz while being like 14.
Reply Quote
08/12/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Djehuti
Not seeing the gain of having people 18 or older. I knew a couple people and one semi-famous person who was easily one of the top hunters on Naz while being like 14.

Yeah, Frumpy was pretty good for a 14-year-old.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

Great troll job Luxus!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Don't forget Edmerlin. He's still only 16 and he's been playing for years. Generally however, 18 and over is a good rule. It's sort of like saying 1-3 years experience on a job posting. It's meant to weed out the retards.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would apply but im not 18. GL in mists!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

I'll treat this as a serious question.

I know quite a few good players who were either higher end PvP players or PvE players, it isn't a question of ability at all. At that age the mind is like a sponge and if the right information is absorbed it's a given that a younger player can get good very fast if they put themselves up to it.

As to why? My guild chose this policy before my initiation into the guild so i can't really say why. I don't really disagree with it either though, I've been in enough raids where vent is filled with "my mom is kicking me off the pc" as well as enough younger players who have no respect for other people. I've also seen enough young raiders that are just simply unsure of what they want and flip-flop on whether they want to raid or simply just outright unreliable.

I ran a more casual raiding guild of my own and had no issue with recruiting a diverse age group, it's not that i am saying that i have an issue with younger players at all.

08/14/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Edmerlin

Your familiar and have raided with a few players in Axis anyway I'm sure, if they thought you were a good fit you wouldn't likely have a problem getting in. Axis normally recruits from players we have raided with. Currently I'm recruiting outside of that and viewing logs AFTER they are recruited.

Off the top of my head it's rare that i have seen you troll on the forums (although i don't remember what you were like in trade before faction change) and a lot of your posts that i have seen can be rather intelligent on your class. If you troll often though or casually go around calling people baddies regularly then i don't think this guild would suit your tastes anyway.

Frankly a big part of why this guild is so gated towards younger players is due to... Well let me just quote myself.

If your a skilled and relaxed player who takes raiding serious but is also respectful towards other players inside and outside of the guild.

Honestly we have just always had some sort of issue with players under 18, either reliability, lack of courtesy to even tell the RL they couldn't show (or in the case they didn't get a chance to call at-least apologize afterwards) among other issues, as long as i have been here at least.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Bazoril
85 Dwarf Paladin
Axis

I'll treat this as a serious question.

I know quite a few good players who were either higher end PvP players or PvE players, it isn't a question of ability at all. At that age the mind is like a sponge and if the right information is absorbed it's a given that a younger player can get good very fast if they put themselves up to it.

As to why? My guild chose this policy before my initiation into the guild so i can't really say why. I don't really disagree with it either though, I've been in enough raids where vent is filled with "my mom is kicking me off the pc" as well as enough younger players who have no respect for other people. I've also seen enough young raiders that are just simply unsure of what they want and flip-flop on whether they want to raid or simply just outright unreliable.

I ran a more casual raiding guild of my own and had no issue with recruiting a diverse age group, it's not that i am saying that i have an issue with younger players at all.

08/14/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Edmerlin

Your familiar and have raided with a few players in Axis anyway I'm sure, if they thought you were a good fit you wouldn't likely have a problem getting in. Axis normally recruits from players we have raided with. Currently I'm recruiting outside of that and viewing logs AFTER they are recruited.

Off the top of my head it's rare that i have seen you troll on the forums (although i don't remember what you were like in trade before faction change) and a lot of your posts that i have seen can be rather intelligent on your class. If you troll often though or casually go around calling people baddies regularly then i don't think this guild would suit your tastes anyway.

Frankly a big part of why this guild is so gated towards younger players is due to... Well let me just quote myself.

If your a skilled and relaxed player who takes raiding serious but is also respectful towards other players inside and outside of the guild.

Honestly we have just always had some sort of issue with players under 18, either reliability, lack of courtesy to even tell the RL they couldn't show (or in the case they didn't get a chance to call at-least apologize afterwards) among other issues, as long as i have been here at least.

WAY TO MUCH WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/15/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Kyru
WAY TO MUCH WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea it happens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]