Change Your Password, Right Now

100 Gnome Mage
For those who don't frequent the general forums, this is an element of concern, and you should learn about it now, not days from now:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html

The thing to stress here is that this is a security breach on Blizzard's end of the equation - it has the potential to affect you regardless of how complex your password is, how recently you've already changed it, how safely you browse, how commonly you check for virii, etc. This isn't one of those "Have I clicked a suspicious email lately..." things. Take their advice, do yourself and your guildmates a favor, and go change your password right now.

And then tell everyone you know and love to do the same.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest
Good post, Laura. Serious business here.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
good advice, love da hat!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
My new password is 27 characters long, contains three prime numbers, a palindrome, directions to Bolton, and a joke.

A friendly reminder to change yours if you haven't yet, and tell everyone in your guild to do the same, especially as people who've been away and inactive for ages start coming back to the game as they catch the scent of New Expansion in the air.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
People shouldn't forget to change their security question, too. You are prompted to do so after clicking, I believe, anything on Battle.net. I believe they are new questions, too.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Bump for this. I believe some people still have not changed their password and/or security question. Don't wait to find your account hacked to do it, folks!
Edited by Lariel on 8/30/2012 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]