Flying at level 40?

90 Human Priest
OK we all know that Blizz has been doing things to make the leveling process faster if the older/lower areas so isn't it time we get to learn flying sooner like at level 40.

Lets face it 90% of new toons being leveled are someones alt and in most of those cases its there 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect alt so its not like they haven't been through those areas a few times and seen the sights from the ground.

Just a thought....... what do you think about this? would it be a good or bad thing?

edit I meant to put 90% not 99%
Edited by Bargonot on 8/10/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
yea great idea... actually you haven't gone far enough, lets give level 1 toons free master riding and a free spectral flying mount!
Reply Quote
96 Human Warlock
And we should put a snowbold in every starting area named MoneyBagz so that people know he gives out free gold and a level one mount.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Hunter
08/10/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Somnii
why not just skip all that and give everyone who rolls a new toon 750% flying speed at lvl 1?
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
With the streamlining of the quests being much more efficient, I really don't think flying at level 40 is necessary. I've leveled a few alts up since Cata hit, and it hasn't been an issue at all, at least not for me. Don't really have much to add beyond that.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Lets face it 99% of new toons being leveled are someones alt

Source?

I can make up statistics too: "Hey Blizzard, every single player I met when leveling was a new player. That tells me 99% of the playerbase (which are new players) never get to see some areas because leveling is so fast these days. How about you cut xp gains by 90% so all those new players can experience every zone and see everything WoW has to offer? Kthx"
Edited by Lokthen on 8/10/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/10/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Garsid
And we should put a snowbold in every starting area named MoneyBagz so that people know he gives out free gold and a level one mount.

What you did there.

I see it.

Why can't we just press the enter button for our account log on and just have a banner stream across our screens chanting YOU WIN THE GAME!!! Here's 1000 gold and a free special snowflake mount with 2 hot naked ladies handing it to your character as you log in.

You can keep the mount. I'll take the girls.
Edited by Tierpanties on 8/10/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
How about we allow server transfers from PvE realms to PvP realms.

Anyways I agree with OP. Ground mounts are so last decade. ❤
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Bargonot
Lets face it 99% of new toons being leveled are someones alt and in most of those cases its there 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect alt so its not like they haven't been through those areas a few times and seen the sights from the ground.

I know right? Because there really aren't any NEW players anymore, just old veterans leveling their alts to level cap and then starting all over again with another alt. Really only about 100 people buy this game every month so we should just stop catering to any new players and only cater to the old veterans that are just plain TIRED of leveling yet another alt through those same old same old zones.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Better yet? how bout the total REMOVAL of flying from the game. I like that idea and would GLADLY give up everyone of my Flying mounts which includes a few very rare ones on this and 2 other toons.
/signed. Would delete my ashes in a flash if it would in turn remove flying mounts from the game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/10/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Vaportrails
and only cater to the old veterans that are just plain TIRED of leveling yet another alt through those same old same old zones.

I can't be tired of something that doesn't take me more than an hour to do. :P
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Tierpanties
I can't be tired of something that doesn't take me more than an hour to do. :P

You'll be tired of it if I SAY you're tired of it.

<knuckles on hips about 6 inches above my belt, right foot forward tapping vigorously>
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
[quote="63077034686"]Really only about 100 people buy this game every month so we should just stop catering to any new players and only cater to the old veterans that are just plain TIRED of leveling yet another alt through those same old same old zones.

I would REALLY like to see the source of that "statistic" cited.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/10/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Somnii
why not just skip all that and give everyone who rolls a new toon 750% flying speed at lvl 1?

08/10/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Supertom
yea great idea... actually you haven't gone far enough, lets give level 1 toons free master riding and a free spectral flying mount!

08/10/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Garsid

08/10/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Teamrocket
Why can't we just press the enter button for our account log on and just have a banner stream across our screens chanting YOU WIN THE GAME!!! Here's 1000 gold and a free special snowflake mount with 2 hot naked ladies handing it to your character as you log in.

I never suggested anything be given for free just the level dropped like they did the riding mount

08/10/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Lokthen
Lets face it 99% of new toons being leveled are someones alt

Source?

I can make up statistics too: "Hey Blizzard, every single player I met when leveling was a new player. That tells me 99% of the playerbase (which are new players) never get to see some areas because leveling is so fast these days. How about you cut xp gains by 90% so all those new players can experience every zone and see everything WoW has to offer? Kthx"

sry that was a typo I meant 90% and I never said it was a factual statistic but I doubt its to far off, although I could be wrong!!

08/10/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Drusas
With the streamlining of the quests being much more efficient, I really don't think flying at level 40 is necessary. I've leveled a few alts up since Cata hit, and it hasn't been an issue at all, at least not for me. Don't really have much to add beyond that.

ty for a reasonable reply. : )
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Nnimm
I would REALLY like to see the source of that "statistic" cited.

/sigh

I was just playing along with the OP's short-sightedness. Failed sarcasm I guess. Usually I'm so good with it too.

See, when he says 99% (or even 90%) he's way the heck off base on exactly how many new players we actually get. I have no idea how many new subs we get a month but I would imagine it's actually in the 1,000's. Therefore, my '100' was a sarcastic attempt at showing how absurd the notion that the OP proposes really is.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I basically level from 40-60 via dungeons anyway. Only until I get to Cata do I actually go quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]