Athene will get world first level 90 monk

86 Human Paladin
08/10/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
And we should give a Kobold's fart about this because...?

Because Kobold's are hairy creatures, hairy creatures who wear candles on their heads. Hair much like a candle and a fart is somewhat flammable.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
08/10/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Delirious
And we should give a Kobold's fart about this because...?
Because Athene is great. He is the greatest WoW player in the world and actually one of the greatest people in the world. He's got the skills to pay the bills.

He isn't even close to being the best WoW player (And who cares anyway).

Also who cares who gets to 90 first as monk? It's about PvP/Raid progression which he isn't anywhere near the top at.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Because Kobold's are hairy creatures, hairy creatures who wear candles on their heads. Hair much like a candle and a fart is somewhat flammable.

That give new meaning to the phrase like a fart in the wind.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
You know, the funny thing about 'online celebrity' is this: It NEVER looks good on a resume. You can be a 'pro-gamer' or a youtube celebrity, but that's about as far as you'll get in life. And truthfully, neither one of those 'careers' pay very well at all.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
less hate more kobold farts pls the sleep dep makes it humorous
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
08/10/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Qamaits

That give new meaning to the phrase like a fart in the wind.

We should get Elton John to write/sing a song A Kobold's Candle in the Wind....that would be suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I don't care much for Athene, but I HATE the character he plays.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/10/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Garsid
I think he donated some money to charity.

Only a $1,000,000.00 or so. Pocket change, really.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
08/10/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Tranks
Because Athene is great. He is the greatest WoW player in the world and actually one of the greatest people in the world. He's got the skills to pay the bills.

Also who cares who gets to 90 first as monk? It's about PvP/Raid progression which he isn't anywhere near the top at.
Athene is absolutely the best. I would give all my gear and gold to him to help him if I was on his server (I am thinking of rolling on EU to be able to help him whenever he needs it). He will show he is the best by getting world first level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

Athene is absolutely the best. I would give all my gear and gold to him to help him if I was on his server (I am thinking of rolling on EU to be able to help him whenever he needs it). He will show he is the best by getting world first level 90.

Uhhh, I hate to burst your bubble, but RAF'ing your way to lvl 90 for a boost (if that's what he chooses to do) and gearing artificially by accepting...'donations' really is kind of ...cheesy and weak and, I think, would only serve to diminish the accomplishment. But that's just my two cents.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
08/10/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Leeton

Personal donation would be worthy of comment. That's not what he did.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/10/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
You know, the funny thing about 'online celebrity' is this: It NEVER looks good on a resume. You can be a 'pro-gamer' or a youtube celebrity, but that's about as far as you'll get in life. And truthfully, neither one of those 'careers' pay very well at all.

"I would rather hire a high-level World of Warcraft player than an NBA from Harvard."

-John Seely Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhuOzBS_O-M&list=PLE50FC91A844EEC33&index=1&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/10/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Leeton

That was a live stream.

Tell me, of that 1mill, how much was his, and how much was from his fans?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
08/10/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Tranks

guise... hay guise... rank 1 glad is bad now!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Athene????.....

......OH!

they guy that was live-streaming an Inferno Diablo kill, bragging about all the free gear/gold people donated to him, logged out, typed his account info and password for everyone on the live stream to see, and suddenly got kicked off his account with a password change.

that guy!

yeah, not the brightest, but he plays a good game.. i guess..
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Fun fact, no one should care about this

08/10/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Garsid
Tell me, of that 1mill, how much was his, and how much was from his fans?

2.50 his, 999,997.50 from the fans

Or something around there
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Personal donation would be worthy of comment. That's not what he did.

He rallied a community of players and like minded individuals (myself included) to donate to ShareCraft for 'dem kids.

It was one of the proudest moments I've ever felt having been a part of this game and community when that million dollar goal was reached to help out some starving children in Africa. It is one of the most worthy comments that will ever be made on these forums.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
08/10/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Leeton

"I would rather hire a high-level World of Warcraft player than an NBA from Harvard."

-John Seely Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhuOzBS_O-M&list=PLE50FC91A844EEC33&index=1&feature=plcp

A typical night, there will be approximately 15,000 new strategic ideas created around the world.

That is JSB's reasoning. And it goes to show he doesn't know half of what he's talking about. Tell me there's 1500 raid strategies DS being developed daily. Go ahead. What he doesn't realize is this game as many others are NOT about 'strategies' being developed but rather a 'hive mind',if you will, of a few select people deciphering which mathematical formula works best and the 'rest of us' following in THEIR footsteps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]