A MVP wants game-time ban for forum bans

90 Goblin Mage
A blue needs to seriously see what this MVP is putting out and wanting done. Apparently A MVP is now trying to get Blizzard to make a major forum change to all of Blizzard Forums. The MVP is calling for a all across the board ban. Forum Bans in the eyes of the MVP now = game-time Ban. This MVP wants it across all Blizzard forums AND GAMES. This effects all wow players to if this MVP has his way.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6308362048?page=2#31

Ugh, I can see where this is heading and I don't want to get into another pseudo-lawyer discussion. =/

Long story short, I wish this would happen across all Blizzard games.

Blizzard wants to curb trolling right? That's the whole reason behind the horrible RealID on the forums stuff right?

Equate Forum Bans to Game Bans.

Problem solved.

trollface.jpg (No seriously, problem solved)

If this MVP has his way this could effect ALL OF you not just Diablo it is a all across blizzard game meaning wow and starcraft to.
41 Gnome Priest
He's on the D3 forums, no one cares about that game.
100 Tauren Priest
If this gets implemented, I'll boil my boots, and eat them like soup.

Also, that will be the day I close my battle.net account and never return.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Barring the fact that you likely could have just responded to counter him in the thread he posted on rather than make a call-out thread, if you have concerns about an MVP poster you can direct it to the MVP email address as well:

MVPs@Blizzard.com

Additionally I'd like to point out that us being MVPs holds no sway in how Blizzard makes their decisions so you should be judging it rather as another player making the suggestion rather than any sort of "this will happen or Blizzard will consider it because he is an MVP" type deal. So there is no "If he has his way." It's moreso him expressing his opinion on the public forums.
100 Gnome Priest
He's on D3 forums, no one reads those or even cares.
89 Undead Mage
Firstly: lol, awesome idea.

Secondly: you seem a bit concerned.

Thirdly: lol, awesome idea.
90 Night Elf Druid
He brings up a good point to be honest. But just because a MVP says something doesn't mean it will come to pass. They are no more special than me or you and are no way affiliated with Blizzard. They have green text because they contribute on a regular basis to the community on the forums. That doesn't mean they can't speak their opinion.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Barring the fact that you likely could have just responded to counter him in the thread he posted on rather than make a call-out thread, if you have concerns about an MVP poster you can direct it to the MVP email address as well:

MVPs@Blizzard.com

Additionally I'd like to point out that us being MVPs holds no sway in how Blizzard makes their decisions so you should be judging it rather as another player making the suggestion rather than any sort of "this will happen or Blizzard will consider it because he is an MVP" type deal. So there is no "If he has his way." It's moreso him expressing his opinion on the public forums.

Blizzard needs to put out a statement that this is not being implanted in anyways possible. This effects all forums. This isn't a call out of a MVP, but a call out of a vital game change that would effect wow players as well as Starcraft players to. This is a all across the board change that would effect ALL OF BLIZZARD GAMES.

You're starting a fire that doesn't really need to be started, though. There's no Blizzard official endorsement of this, they haven't made any mention of it so there is no vital game change unless Blizzard announces it themselves.

ETA: And they don't need to make an announcement saying they won't do it because they never said they'd do it in the first place.
Edited by Alona on 8/13/2012 9:27 AM PDT
68 Undead Warrior
Get a life.
90 Pandaren Shaman

MVPs@Blizzard.com

Blizzard needs to put out a statement that this is not being implanted in anyways possible. This effects all forums. This isn't a call out of a MVP, but a call out of a vital game change that would effect wow players as well as Starcraft players to. This is a all across the board change that would effect ALL OF BLIZZARD GAMES.
MVP's are just regular people. they have no sway in what Blizzard does or does not do.
41 Gnome Priest
08/13/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Showwaxx
He also claims to be in talk with blizzard employees on the forum. He has passed info to Developers. The guy is calling for something from the diablo3 forums that will effect all blizzard games.

He sounds like a liar and an idiot. If it's something they want to implement they would probably lose a lot of people. Banning players so easily isn't something they are going to start doing just to curb trolling on the forums.
89 Undead Mage
I think this is a great idea and Blizz needs to implement it immediately.

Thanks, OP, for bringing this to our attention.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock

MVP's are just regular people. they have no sway in what Blizzard does or does not do.

And to add, this fine orc is absolutely correct.
83 Night Elf Rogue
Meh. That MVP sounds like an idiot. Green text doesn't make you 100% right, but anyways, pretty lame if this were to be added. Id be permabanned in a heartbeat. And I Imagine others would be too, causing blizzard to lose their money, and blizzard LOVES THEIR MONEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eEhPT7GKHM

That would be blizzard if they were from the UK.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]