A MVP wants game-time ban for forum bans

90 Dwarf Paladin

Why though? When did they say they would be starting to do this? If they never said they would start doing it, they have nothing to retract. It would be like them saying, "We currently have no plans to force everyone to post in haiku only." because they never said they were going to do that in the first place, nor is it implied anywhere.

While I agree with your statement in it's entireity, I do have to say that if they came out and said

We currently have plans to force everyone to post in haiku only

Would be epic beyond any measure.

If for no other reason then to imagine the confusion at Wikipedia when the page describing Haiku structure gets a massive traffic spike.
100 Night Elf Druid
08/13/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Mccheese

No I didn't. The only thing I said is I have the power to use E-Mails.

This kinda goes back to the whole being taken out of context thing.

I have not read the thread this happend on but I did read what a poster said here. So you are saying it was taken out of context?

Absolutely. I posted on a few of those out of context things.

Dorth made a post about starting constructive threads and he would forward original ones to blizz. Something not officially sanctioned, but a good idea and anyone can forward a thread. OP took this as "proof" he has direct contact.

Further he stated once that CM was aware of the concerns on the board when CM was not posting - perhaps because he emailed CM about some issues and they replied back. Again, e-mail happens. But that is hardly the same as implying that he has the ability to influance game design or blizzard policies.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid

LOL Politically correct? If iam reading this right he passed himself off as being in cahoots with blizz and their development team. That is far beyond being politically correct and in fact maybe his wish should be granted with him/her being the first for this offense.

No, this is an assumption/conclusion other players made. People are actively harassing him by taking anything he says and twisting it to be about things he never said.

This is just a really unfortunate part of having green text and posting on the really unfriendly D3 forums.
Edited by Lissanna on 8/13/2012 11:44 AM PDT
90 Tauren Death Knight

4. I will be immune to being mindcontrolled off high places >,>

Add being thunderstorm'd off LM to that last one.

>.>
MVP
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/13/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
To me, that speaks of a 'gang mentality' which is intended to shout down any dissent but again, that's just my PERSONAL observation.

How is clarifying how the program works a 'gang mentality'?

08/13/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Mcdrunk
Has there ever been an instance of someone receiving a game ban or time off for anything said in the forums? Like if someone admitted to cheating, botting, buying gold, etc.?

Yes, as Ressy has told me some people have been given temporary bans from game for private server usage.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Report =/= auto-ban.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just not clever enough to see your point.

When you report someone for anything, a forum moderator reads the report and decides if it was a valid complaint. You don't get banned just for being reported. It's not an automated system.
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/13/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Showwaxx
MVP

I feel I should point out that by creating this thread you have created no support for your cause and have even convinced people that the thing you are protesting is good.

So congratulations, you're the PMRC.
MVP
90 Gnome Warlock
I have not read the thread this happend on but I did read what a poster said here. So you are saying it was taken out of context?

I simply told posters that any posts of which were highly rated and extremely constructive of nature would be elevated to the CM's. However, I would not tell them which ones because then it would simply demand a blue response which I cannot force a CM to commit to.

All in all, I was trying to reinforce the fact that constructive threads are read and appreciated and any such thread which I find that was worthy of notion would be sent over to a CM for them to read.

I never said I was in cahoots with the CM's, I simply stated that I would do everything in my power to have useful constructive criticisms noticed.

The D3 forums are full of much vitriol and unwarranted trolling. I begrudgingly do all I can to help clean them up and I'm met with a shovel to the face so to speak.

The only thing I was trying to accomplish was a better D3 forum yet I am constantly burned at the stake for doing so.

Like I said earlier, I am insanely jealous of the WoW MVP's for the community they interact with in comparison to the one I was chosen to interact with.
60 Orc Warrior
i wouldnt be upset if it happened, however unlikely that is. it would clean things up a bit; they give us a very long leash with lots of temp bans before the big hammer comes down anyway. just because it was an MVP saying it got the OP peeing his pants over a pretty innocuous post.
100 Night Elf Druid
Further, you seemed to imply the program operating in ways that you CLEARLY know it doesn't (you having been a member of the program yourself). I mean I haven't been in the program, and even I know some of the things you are implying are clearly false.

it's like you are deliberately trying to provoke things for some reason I have no idea. Maybe some leftover bitterness?

Out of respect, I will not go into HOW MvP's know when these threads pop up. They DO. If they choose to disclose that fine. But it is THEIR right to do or not to do so.

But I do question, why is it, ONLY when an MvP is called to task for an idea that is universally panned do they flock to the thread (which is normally fine, I think I would LOVE to see more Green activity on the GD) and flood it? To me, that speaks of a 'gang mentality' which is intended to shout down any dissent but again, that's just my PERSONAL observation.

I dunno... I assume the MVP's are somewhat friendly to each other. I get this from seeing some of the chatter back and forth.

I admit I have emailed my friends on a thread I thought they might be interested in.

I see this as no different.
90 Human Warlock
Affect - verb - to act on; produce an effect or change in.

Effect - noun - something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence.

Just sayin' ;)

Also, wouldn't it be an MVP not a MVP?

Yes, in the same way you say half an hour.
Because D3 MVP's actually have merit?

/shrug

From what I hear, the D3 forums are a beacon of decorum and order.
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/13/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Maalox
I don't come back and read replies

This is an interesting interpretation of what a discussion forum is for.
90 Human Mage
08/13/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Hydrothermia
awesome idea.
100 Draenei Death Knight
Further, you seemed to imply the program operating in ways that you CLEARLY know it doesn't (you having been a member of the program yourself). I mean I haven't been in the program, and even I know some of the things you are implying are clearly false.

it's like you are deliberately trying to provoke things for some reason I have no idea. Maybe some leftover bitterness?

Out of respect, I will not go into HOW MvP's know when these threads pop up. They DO. If they choose to disclose that fine. But it is THEIR right to do or not to do so.

But I do question, why is it, ONLY when an MvP is called to task for an idea that is universally panned do they flock to the thread (which is normally fine, I think I would LOVE to see more Green activity on the GD) and flood it? To me, that speaks of a 'gang mentality' which is intended to shout down any dissent but again, that's just my PERSONAL observation.

It seems several of your posts are all angling towards some vast conspiracy theory that, quite frankly, just isn't there.

You say this idea is "universally panned"? I'd love to see your statistics showing how a vast majority, much less "universal panning" (which would imply unanimity, i.e., 100% of the posters having the same perspective), is against the idea of forum bans being given in-game bans of an equal duration.

It seems to me, and this is just my personal perspective, that the ones most loudly objecting to this are the ones who would suffer the most from it were it implemented.

If this thread has gone to 15+ pages, there's a good chance it'll be noticed by CMs. I hope the idea gets presented to those at Blizzard with the power to implement something like this.

The MVPs don't object to people disagreeing with them, nor do the "Blues", the Community Managers. Like any rational person, however, they object to someone disagreeing with them illogically, using hyperbole, extracontextual quotes and emotionalistic statements that cover up no actual logical point, and then saying that there's a conspiracy to shut down dissent. It simply isn't the case.
85 Troll Shaman

LOL Politically correct? If iam reading this right he passed himself off as being in cahoots with blizz and their development team. That is far beyond being politically correct and in fact maybe his wish should be granted with him/her being the first for this offense.

No, this is an assumption/conclusion other players made. People are actively harassing him by taking anything he says and twisting it to be about things he never said. Unless you can quote where that came from, you are just taking other players' harassment at face value.

Ok then my next question and do not take this as a bash. When a leader, and I use that term loosely, is found infective and people either do not take them seriously, or anything they say just scoffed at, at some point you have to consider the choices that were made in the people/person you chose to put in these positions. If this person is constantly attacked there is a reason behind it and not all of it can be the general community randomly forming linche mobs.
100 Night Elf Druid
08/13/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Drothvader

I simply told posters that any posts of which were highly rated and extremely constructive of nature would be elevated to the CM's. However, I would not tell them which ones because then it would simply demand a blue response which I cannot force a CM to commit to.

All in all, I was trying to reinforce the fact that constructive threads are read and appreciated and any such thread which I find that was worthy of notion would be sent over to a CM for them to read.

I never said I was in cahoots with the CM's, I simply stated that I would do everything in my power to have useful constructive criticisms noticed.

The D3 forums are full of much vitriol and unwarranted trolling. I begrudgingly do all I can to help clean them up and I'm met with a shovel to the face so to speak.

The only thing I was trying to accomplish was a better D3 forum yet I am constantly burned at the stake for doing so.

Like I said earlier, I am insanely jealous of the WoW MVP's for the community they interact with in comparison to the one I was chosen to interact with.

Don't let it fool you. We are being on our best behavior because of the company. We have burned greens for less!

Maybe that's why Crepe never comes around anymore.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]