Forgotten FX is recruiting!

90 Goblin Warlock
FFX is an Area 52 guild that toes the line between a casual raid environment and successful end game play. We are seeking players that want to establish a guild relationship that will last more than a tier or two and are dedicated to playing their class to the upmost of their ability. By joining our raid groups, you're joining a trusted group of friends who enjoy raiding together, despite whether they've been with us for 3 months or 2 years. All members are treated with respect, dignity, and have an equal voice in our community.

We are not necessarily looking for 8/8 HM players, people ranking in the top 50, or even full BiS. None of that matters at this point in the game with an expansion looming around the corner. We want people that enjoy raiding, come prepared, do their homework, and are just plain hungry to prove they have what it takes to clear the content. Our raid dynamic is semi-social, and we are very knowledgable players that research the game with any free moment we have. Whether you're trying to get into raiding, or just coming back from a break, we can work with you since everyone will be essentially starting from scratch. There are no delusions of grandeur here; this is going to take hard work, and the first tier may not be pretty. Again, it should be emphasized we're looking for people who are in it for the long haul and don't mind a couple speedbumps on the way to making a great and socially dynamic raid team.

Many of our core players have been raiding since BC, myself included. We feel the influx of new players has led to a much less personal, accountable, or even moral environment. Despite getting a very late start on ds after forming up, we smashed through content very quickly, and a repeat performance in later tiers is not unreasonable. Although the talent is there, you'd be blessed to go to a guild and not find greedy, unreasonable people. This leads us to a very talented 7 man, which unfortunately isn't a raid choice at the moment. The group mentality is that we would rather enjoy our raiding than hate our lives every time we have to log in, and that's led to some spring cleaning in our team. That's where you come in.

Forgotten FX runs a loot council. As such, all of our raiders take a precedence in receiving gear. There's no bias in our system....if you're low compared to others, you take priority. Many times we have raiders arguin that the other guy deserves a piece more than they do...it's that kind of group. We also assume that all people in our raid have done their homework and come to the table with an equal amount of knowledge to their counterparts, officer or member. This is manifested in discussions between pulls that allow us to analyze issues from many sides instead of the typical "wipe it, let's go again" mentality. This discussion type has led to many creative solutions to roadblocks we have encountered in content.

Like what you've read? Come talk to us. We're very jovial and personable people (except kellest :p ) and would love to answer any questions you may have about our group. We are currently looking for 2 exceptional healers, willingness to power level a monk is a definite plus. Outside that, we're also looking to start a second progression group. This is not going to be a group A and group B(ad) scenario....we want 2 great groups to start on the 2 different raids respectively and swap as beneficial. We feel 2 equal groups will allow us a first hand guide from people who have seen the content already when it comes time to forage into the other raid after a week or so. It will also allow us to essentially carry one or two people per week in the raid their group was not primarily attacking, allowing for a steady and equal distribution of all raid pieces. We are currently accepting applications for ALL raid roles in this group, and applicants will be held to the same standards our current raiders are.

If this seems like exactly the dynamic you've been waiting for....if you're tired of loot ragers or elitists....if you want to become a successful raider in a group of people that you enjoy playing with...We are what you're looking for. Message myself, Kellest, Immatrap, or Loveengine for more details. Happy hunting.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I am interested in learning more about your guild.

As you may notice, this character is not currently on Area 52, but I plan on transferring over in the next week or so. Reasoning for that is basically wanting a 'fresh' start for MoP, meet new people and have a fun time enjoying the content.

Basically I am looking for a guild that stays active throughout the day and enjoys grouping up together for things (dungeons, pvp) outside of raids and having a good time getting to know one another instead of heading too the LFG queue automatically.

I am also looking for opportunities for successful raiding in MoP, I do actually plan on rolling a monk - as I know many are, I completely understand if there simply is not room off the bat for either the core or alternate groups, I would just like the opportunity to get involved and show I am capable.

In terms of raiding, most of my heroic experience comes from Wotlk. I wanted to get more involved with Cataclysm and did for a time during Firelands, but due to various reasons I was unable to commit the time/or find the right opportunity on my previous server (Bronzebeard). However, I always remain on top of the class I am playing and understand how they work - I also keep up to date with raid encounters and all the preparation that goes into all of that.

So yeah, I wanted to try and keep it short :P. I will try to get a hold of you or one of those you mentioned in your post but just wanted to get my foot in the door. Feel free to leave me any questions on here, otherwise I'll look for you in-game. -- My alt on the server atm is named Gorrec.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
@Norrec
Very excited to hear your interest in our team. We would love to speak with you personally either in vent or in game to get a better feel for both your expectations and our own. Feel free to drop me an in game mail and let me know when you'll be free.
@Saiyajin
Maybe level out of the starter zones then, bud. I'm not going to legitimize how we run our guild nor conduct an argument with another useless forum troll who doesn't even have the guts to post on their main.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Good afternoon, i was curious as to your raid times? Although i love what i see so far. I recently took a break from wow after getting 8/8H and im looking to come back into a friendly, yet competent raid environment. I play a resto/ whatever druid, i consider myself a strong resto and a... strong resto as i said. (not so great boomy xD) looking forward to hearing back! thank you

I also have a resto/ele shammy available for standby if the fight dictates
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Warning: this guild reserves heroic tier tokens for officers of their guild but don't say anything about it until after the first boss kill and you're already saved to a heroic lock out, and the Attitude of the Warlock leaves something to be desired. Just an honest warning, If none of this bothers you than feel free to join the guild.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
@Dolosa
The current raid times are Tuesday- Thursday, 11:30 PM - 3 AM server. The time may change for MoP to provide a much more universal period and allow us to fish from a larger pool. We currently do not have a resto druid and would very much be interested in speaking with you further to discuss our mutual goals. Please shoot me an in game mail and let me know when a good time would be for you.

@Rillian
I'm guessing you're the person who suggested I go destro for spine? If so, allow me to inform you that you're in a long line of people who speak on things they have no clue on, which I promptly shoot down if it's not legit. The fact is, I main a lock, and I have for 8 years. Your knowledge on locks is limited if existent.
That aside, my attitude is perfectly fine to our raiders, not just our officers. If our people are having an off night, I suggest we call it or tell people to wake up. I expect a lot from our raiders, as they expect the same from themselves. I am in a position of leadership because I show I am worth it, whether by running level 10s through small content or having to be the voice in the raid that says "wake up or we're going home".
As for Heroic Tier tokens, this was at the start of our progression as a team and was mentioned EVERY night we pugged in the trade chat advert. If you didn't pay attention, hardly seems our fault. We would never short someone a lock out or brute force gear away from people. And we certainly don't ever aim to disguise our loot rules to trick you out of hard work for zero reward.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks to everyone that is replying and interested in joining. As stated in the first post we would be glad to have you, and feel free to contact myself, Ruinessa, Kellest, or Immatrap ingame for more information. Also please give the trolls a wide birth as it seems its feeding time.

@Trolls

Come up with the kahunas and talk !@#$ from your main, untill then have fun playing in the gutters. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Ruinessa - No I am not the one that was trying to get you to go destruction.
I just know how corrupt your guild is. If the warning isn't enough for people, Then I'm sure they will see it when they join.
Just an FYI your leadership skills suck, I'm sure I'm not the first person to make this comment, Just maybe the first to post it publicly.
That is all I have to say.

Good day.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Considering you won't out yourself and tell me exactly where these bad experiences came from, your posts hold about as much legitimacy as I'm sure your performance does. and I'm done playing nice here...if you have a problem with me or my leadership, maybe take it up with me personally instead of being a coward and posting from some unknown alt. you're pathetic, you're probably jealous, and you're certainly not the type of person I want in the guild. So please.....use plenty of birth control and stay off my forum post.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Nice work. You revealed yourself as someone who posts in forums to insult someone who wanted an in game memorial for a lost friend who played the game. Now that we know exactly what kind of person you are, I think the last of your credibility has flown south. Be gone, useless.
I'm not going to let this devolve into 2 trolls 1 cup. you guys enjoy playing with each other. You're not hurting our reputation any. People can see this post for what it is. Now crawl back into the hole from whence you came and LEAVE US ALONE.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So please.....use plenty of birth control and stay off my forum post.

As the designated Guild !@#$%^-, I fully endorse this suggestion.

Now, then.

@Tenshinhan, lol.

@Rillian, let's see a main. Paradoxum's got some bad blood with us, until I see a main as far as I'm concerned you're one of Azreil's patsies, because she's too much of a *!@#$ to make her case herself.

Our loot rules have never been disguised, hidden or crafted in such a way as to deceive.

Early on in our progression we did reserve heroic tokens, however that was made crystal clear to all PuGs through trade chat advertisement, was confirmed again through whispers and then AGAIN posted in raid chat before vent info.

If you made it through these three checks without understanding that the tokens were on reserve that's not our problem, that's your own illiteracy %^-*ing you over.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
@Dolosa and Norrec
looking like the new time is going to be 9-12 or 10-1. Curious if either work for you guys and when you'd be able to set up a meeting with myself and the other officers to discuss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
@Rillian, let's see a main. Paradoxum's got some bad blood with us, until I see a main as far as I'm concerned you're one of Azreil's patsies, because she's too much of a *!@#$ to make her case herself.

@Kellest There is no need to drag Paradoxum into this to start, they have their things going on and we have ours. Also I assure you Rillian isnt affiliated with them to start. That said...

@Rillian to reinstate what Kellest said:

Our loot rules have never been disguised, hidden or crafted in such a way as to deceive.

Early on in our progression we did reserve heroic tokens, however that was made crystal clear to all PuGs through trade chat advertisement, was confirmed again through whispers and then AGAIN posted in raid chat before vent info.

At the start we did reserve Heroic tokens for Core Members that would show up every week. We also would not reserve other heroic loot tho, so the rest (besides tokens) were up for roll MS > OS. In this we had many pugs leave just because we reserved the H tokens before we even started but we never hid the fact from them they were on reserve.
Edited by Immatrap on 8/21/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
@Ruin

This is Norrec from above - I have made the transfer now, so I can be found under this name now.

Sorry I haven't been able to get a hold of you or one of the other officers yet, sent you an in-game mail about it and have been trying to catch you online the past night or so.

As for the raid times, 9-12 or 10-1 would actually be perfect, so no problems there.

Shoot me a tell, if you are still interested, if I don't catch you on first.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I've only been in this guild 2 days but I like this Ruinessa person.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Before the trolls derail this thread any further I would like to remind people that this is a thread about looking for more skilled people. To the people that have expressed an interest and have joined, welcome and I look forward to grouping with you.

To everyone else please keep your petty comments and cowardice out of this thread, if you have an issue with someone keep it to PMs/mail as the fact that you are blathering on the forums for everyone to see screams of slander.... of which I have seen 0 (zero) proof of thus far.

Again, welcome to all recruits, we are also still looking for people to please keep the interest and applications rolling!

FFX is an Area 52 guild that toes the line between a casual raid environment and successful end game play. We are seeking players that want to establish a guild relationship that will last more than a tier or two and are dedicated to playing their class to the upmost of their ability. By joining our raid groups, you're joining a trusted group of friends who enjoy raiding together, despite whether they've been with us for 3 months or 2 years. All members are treated with respect, dignity, and have an equal voice in our community.

We are not necessarily looking for 8/8 HM players, people ranking in the top 50, or even full BiS. None of that matters at this point in the game with an expansion looming around the corner. We want people that enjoy raiding, come prepared, do their homework, and are just plain hungry to prove they have what it takes to clear the content. Our raid dynamic is semi-social, and we are very knowledgable players that research the game with any free moment we have. Whether you're trying to get into raiding, or just coming back from a break, we can work with you since everyone will be essentially starting from scratch. There are no delusions of grandeur here; this is going to take hard work, and the first tier may not be pretty. Again, it should be emphasized we're looking for people who are in it for the long haul and don't mind a couple speedbumps on the way to making a great and socially dynamic raid team.

Many of our core players have been raiding since BC, myself included. We feel the influx of new players has led to a much less personal, accountable, or even moral environment. Despite getting a very late start on ds after forming up, we smashed through content very quickly, and a repeat performance in later tiers is not unreasonable. Although the talent is there, you'd be blessed to go to a guild and not find greedy, unreasonable people. This leads us to a very talented 7 man, which unfortunately isn't a raid choice at the moment. The group mentality is that we would rather enjoy our raiding than hate our lives every time we have to log in, and that's led to some spring cleaning in our team. That's where you come in.

Forgotten FX runs a loot council. As such, all of our raiders take a precedence in receiving gear. There's no bias in our system....if you're low compared to others, you take priority. Many times we have raiders arguin that the other guy deserves a piece more than they do...it's that kind of group. We also assume that all people in our raid have done their homework and come to the table with an equal amount of knowledge to their counterparts, officer or member. This is manifested in discussions between pulls that allow us to analyze issues from many sides instead of the typical "wipe it, let's go again" mentality. This discussion type has led to many creative solutions to roadblocks we have encountered in content.

Like what you've read? Come talk to us. We're very jovial and personable people (except kellest :p ) and would love to answer any questions you may have about our group. We are currently looking for 2 exceptional healers, willingness to power level a monk is a definite plus. Outside that, we're also looking to start a second progression group. This is not going to be a group A and group B(ad) scenario....we want 2 great groups to start on the 2 different raids respectively and swap as beneficial. We feel 2 equal groups will allow us a first hand guide from people who have seen the content already when it comes time to forage into the other raid after a week or so. It will also allow us to essentially carry one or two people per week in the raid their group was not primarily attacking, allowing for a steady and equal distribution of all raid pieces. We are currently accepting applications for ALL raid roles in this group, and applicants will be held to the same standards our current raiders are.

If this seems like exactly the dynamic you've been waiting for....if you're tired of loot ragers or elitists....if you want to become a successful raider in a group of people that you enjoy playing with...We are what you're looking for. Message myself, Kellest, Immatrap, or Loveengine for more details. Happy hunting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Can't be falling off the front page now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
BUMP for my warlock buddy Ruinessa <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]