Instance Lockout Extensions and 5.0.4

90 Goblin Death Knight
Too bad, Ill be too busy with Gw2 to pay much care to a patch with no content, see-ya at launch
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
Haha, get sat on GW2 :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Oh god Omegal...please don't remind me of that. It was so bad for my guild when we were doing ICC x.x
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What's this? Blizzard announcing a patch date ahead of time?

O-M-G

I thought that was illegal!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!! I'm so excited!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
nearly 1 month before the expansion is alittle to much dont ya think? still exited though ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/14/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Consonant
I like this. Simple , direct and to the point. No chance of being misinterpreted.

There is always a chance of misinterpretation.

You callin me fat?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Will Valor Points convert to Justice Points with the release of 5.0.4 ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/14/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Asche
nearly 1 month before the expansion is alittle to much dont ya think? still exited though ;)

a month of new talents and nice sparkling stuff? nope
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
PATCH COMING OUT?

POST PONIES.

http://youtu.be/NKWpGJ4Xhw8

CANNOT

WAIT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
What? Blizzard lined up a major patch release with the release date of a major competitor. Anyone shocked by this? LOL I think just about everyone and their brother who gave it a second of thought looked at the timing and nailed it. Pre-Xpac patches are out normally a month before and is there a special date in that time frame Blizzard may target?

Either way ready for something new. Not happy about the old raid gold nerf for groups that love doing them...considering time spent and repair costs with high level gear (which will increase a lot with this xpac's inflation). It is what it is though. Bring on Pokemon and Pandas. :-P
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

That's been the same time frame for nearly every other xpac. You have world events and you need to give people some time to adjust to the class changes to relearn how to play.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
WooT --- New .. fun .. stuff ............... I think I went squee :)
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
08/14/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Kaivax
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

Yay for patch!

I'm curious why the raid lockout thing though. We haven't had that in pre-expansion patches before, no?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/Clap

Yay!

'Tis all I could say!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
08/14/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Lorinall
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

Yay for patch!

I'm curious why the raid lockout thing though. We haven't had that in pre-expansion patches before, no?
Pretty sure there is a change in how lockouts work (can't think of it offhand)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
One month before launch is standard procedure. With Cata it was two because Cata had significant content in its pre-patch event.
08/14/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Lorinall

Yay for patch!

It was done for Cata, too, since that was when they rolled over to the flexible raid lockout system. And of course raid lockout extension didn't exist when BC/LK came around so the fact that all lockouts were going to reset on those days wasn't something worth announcing.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Awesome (Item not found)
Edited by Allotrope on 8/14/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
2 more weeks of:
having to carry this heavy !@# pole arm! WooT
doing meaningful dps! Boo
waiting to show my bow on my back! WooT
not having to gem expertise! Boo =(
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
Yes please. Yes please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]