Instance Lockout Extensions and 5.0.4

1 Undead Rogue
Can Blizzard comment on what will be happening to the drop rate of Smoldering Egg of Millagazor and Life-Binder's Handmaiden? Mimiron's Head and Invincible went to being rare drops with the Shattering patch for Cataclysm, but there has been no word as to whether these newer mounts will have their drop rate adjusted with the pre-patch or Mists itself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There has been no word on what the pre-event will be in WOW for MOP?!! We had the Dark Portal event for BC, the Zombie event for Wrath & the Troll/DW event for Cata. Wonder what it's gonna be......

@Malliand-I believe the Handmaiden will be going to a 1% drop rate, not sure if that will happen w/the patch or not until the expansion is actually live.
Edited by Akaiya on 8/14/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
08/14/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
I like this. Simple , direct and to the point. No chance of being misinterpreted.

When you say "August 28th"... do you actually mean "August 21st"...?

I think so.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I guess there is no hope that my class will actually be balanced when 5.0 releases...

Sigh... WTB quick fixes to Disc.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
There has been no word on what the pre-event will be in WOW for MOP?!! We had the Dark Portal event for BC, the Zombie event for Wrath & the Troll/DW event for Cata. Wonder what it's gonna be......

The world event has to do with a certain invasion of Theramore by a certain grumpy Orc...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
OMGOMGOMG. /blows up in excitement.

Seriously, though. I'm super excited the patch comes out in two weeks. :D Gives me time to finish up the Molten Front dailies for the Hippogryph and at least get one Argent Tournament mount.

/dies of excitement again
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Actually, there's been some discussion on this expansion's event. It will involve Garrosh and Theramore and there's a brilliant piece on the lore involving Theramore that I highly recommend everyone read:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/08/theramore-a-short-history/

WoW Insider has the scoop on what Blizzard is doing with the testing of this event here: http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/theramore-patch-5.0.4/

Looks like things will be coming to a head over in Dustwallow Marsh.
Edited by Suzett on 8/14/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can Blizzard comment on what will be happening to the drop rate of Smoldering Egg of Millagazor and Life-Binder's Handmaiden? Mimiron's Head and Invincible went to being rare drops with the Shattering patch for Cataclysm, but there has been no word as to whether these newer mounts will have their drop rate adjusted with the pre-patch or Mists itself.

I think that they should decrease the drop rate by 50%. This way it is reduced but still possible. It being in the 1-3% makes it impossible and punishes the new players for not being around and able to raid at that time. **I am looking at you Mimiron's Head!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
NOOOOO - you mean I have to clear 13/17 to get to yoggy this week?

j/k, it's not very hard. But, the nice yoggy alt saves for Mim's head chances were pretty handy.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
08/14/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Asche
nearly 1 month before the expansion is alittle to much dont ya think? still exited though ;)

Gives us time to adapt.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I think that they should decrease the drop rate by 50%. This way it is reduced but still possible. It being in the 1-3% makes it impossible and punishes the new players for not being around and able to raid at that time. **I am looking at you Mimiron's Head!

50%, why bother. Either leave it at 100% or take it down <1%. Level 90 faceroll zergs don't warrant 50% and it's functionally a waste of time to make people do it twice if they are going to be that easy to get.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Great to have a fixed date for once. ;-) Can organize scheduled raids and stuff around everyone having to relearn parts of their class.

I like this. Simple , direct and to the point. No chance of being misinterpreted.

So we can extend our raid lockouts, ri-- *is shot from behind*
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Theramore event would be the pre MoP event right?
Edited by Asche on 8/14/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

This. I'm in the process of running heroic ragnaros weekly for his mount. I'd really like to know if this patch is basically my deadline.
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Mage
08/14/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Asche
Theramore event would be the pre MoP event right?
Yea, and there will a few item lvl 420 drops in there somewhere (not confirmed, just datamined items)
Edited by Parakeet on 8/14/2012 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
That's unfortunate, I was actually planning on coming back and playing a little bit with my brother and friends : / before GW2 came out, so I could show them the massive imbalance there is going to be in MOP when they hit 90. Oh well.
Edited by Snowflakex on 8/14/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Does this mean we will have 2 weeks before the prelaunch event to get used to changes?
Or does it mean that the changes will be activated when the prelaunch starts?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can someone please comment on how till will affect mount drops (similar to how ICC went from 100% to ~1%).

Specifically:
- HEROIC RAG
- HEROIC DEATHWING

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock

You clearly underestimate the power of the dark side of the internet.

I find your lack of faith ... disturbing.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
2 more weeks of:
not having to gem expertise! Boo =(

Expertise is and always will be a dumb idea. We have a stat called hit rating and - get this - it doesn't tell you what your hit rating is. Yes yes, I know, we used to have weapon skill. Guess what? That was dumb too. I enjoy WoW but sometimes I have to wonder whose cold, dead hands they'll have to pry hit mechanics out of before they finally make sense and aren't stupid/terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]