Instance Lockout Extensions and 5.0.4

100 Dwarf Hunter
And just think the real life Book about the event of Theramore comes out the same freaking day.....lot of WoW players are going to be extra extra busy come August 28th.

World of Warcraft: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War August 28th
Edited by Moused on 8/14/2012 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Goodbye, Theramore.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I called it, to my fellow raiders in the guild! I knew it'd release that week! Not sure if I'll get to it right away, most likely sometime that week since have early access to GW2 and I plan on playing that for most of the week.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter

I think that they should decrease the drop rate by 50%. This way it is reduced but still possible. It being in the 1-3% makes it impossible and punishes the new players for not being around and able to raid at that time. **I am looking at you Mimiron's Head!

50%, why bother. Either leave it at 100% or take it down <1%. Level 90 faceroll zergs don't warrant 50% and it's functionally a waste of time to make people do it twice if they are going to be that easy to get.

How about making it drop 100% of the time by groups who clear with 0% debuff in gear not exceding ilvl 406 (example numbers only.)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Will Heroic madness/ heroic rag mounts have reduced drop rates starting on the 28th or when MoP releases?
Reply Quote
45 Troll Druid
Yay for new stuff!
Gonna log on for a bit to put my hunt together, then go back to doing Gw2 stuff.
Probly going to mes with some more things a bit later.
Bye bye, Theramore.
*Don't see the big deal of it being the same day as Gw2 release,
people who pre-purchased will start on 25th and probly still do things on the release.
Normal for the pre-patch to be a month early.
Edited by Faylinn on 8/14/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Will mount drop rates be nerfed along with this patch or will that not happen until MoP actually launches?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Awesome!!!!! I have been bored out of my mind.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
08/14/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Kaivax
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

Dear Kaivax,

Could you please confirm the 1% Heroic Madness mount drop rate change for this up coming patch?
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
They could always hire the Stonemasons to do it and not pay them again. We'd could have a whole new breed of Defias ready to be slaughtered!

Quick question: when is Stormwind going to be fixed?

All those flames and destroyed towers are starting to make no sense.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
08/14/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Omegal
no more 100% CTC against raid bosses and healers going wtf when you take 30% more damage after patch when you take an unblocked hit.

DKs have been doing it all expansion, you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
08/14/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Firestyle
Level 90 faceroll zergs don't warrant 50% and it's functionally a waste of time to make people do it twice if they are going to be that easy to get.

Why are people so bent out of shape about when people get a mount. No one cares about OS3d still being guaranteed, and it's not like H. Madness is overly difficult, especially with the nerfs. It's just getting past spine without folding like a cheap shirt that sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/14/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Level 90 faceroll zergs don't warrant 50% and it's functionally a waste of time to make people do it twice if they are going to be that easy to get.

Why are people so bent out of shape about when people get a mount. No one cares about OS3d still being guaranteed, and it's not like H. Madness is overly difficult, especially with the nerfs. It's just getting past spine without folding like a cheap shirt that sucks.

Do you realize how utterly stupid it's going to look with 200 pureblood firehawks in pandaland?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

50%, why bother. Either leave it at 100% or take it down <1%. Level 90 faceroll zergs don't warrant 50% and it's functionally a waste of time to make people do it twice if they are going to be that easy to get.

How about making it drop 100% of the time by groups who clear with 0% debuff in gear not exceding ilvl 406 (example numbers only.)

So long as those players are level 85 and have hitpoints and mana consistent with that level, I'm cool with that. Folks go back to do herald of the titans and I think that's admirable.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
08/14/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Firestyle
Do you realize how utterly stupid it's going to look with 200 pureblood firehawks in pandaland?

I don't care what mount other people use. I still use my Tyrael mount for just about everything even though I have "rarer" or harder to get mounts on my account simply because Tyrael's charger looks awesome. And like I said, no one cares if you have a mount from last expansion anyway because the ones that care about their ego are too busy working on current content.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
08/14/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Vivimord
But this is the dungeons and raids forum! ;0)

Touché my good sir.
I must be lost...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't care what mount other people use. I still use my Tyrael mount for just about everything even though I have "rarer" or harder to get mounts on my account simply because Tyrael's charger looks awesome. And like I said, no one cares if you have a mount from last expansion anyway because the ones that care about their ego are too busy working on current content.

I'm sorry, but I take pride in the rewards from the things I've accomplished. You can call me a no lifer; but I honestly appreciate having a nice home because of all the hard work I've done to earn the money to buy it. If everyone was suddenly handed a home just like mine, it would in fact make it feel like my hard work was in fact in vain.

Apply the same concept, to spending a lot of time to kill a boss and reap the rewards to having those rewards handed out. And yes, these are vanity rewards so they are not game impacting.

/begin flame wars

P.S. I won't be able to continue them with you, since I'm going out to dinner to celebrate.
Edited by Firestyle on 8/14/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
WOOT Can't Wait
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
What's this? Blizzard announcing a patch date ahead of time?

Expansion must be getting close!

Drumroll, please...
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara

MoP will be released on Sep 25th, where have you been?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]