Ferals and warping/teleporting/glitching

3 Undead Mage
Honestly I see this a lot and I'm at a loss what to do. For those who don't know it's when ferals start "blinking" 10 yards or so every second, like literally teleporting from spot to spot without appearing to cover the distance in a legitimate way.

I've seen some hackers in my time and it's fairly obvious, but with ferals it's not easy to say because no other class appears to do this as often. But it's unfair of course as they become so hard to target and you don't even know which direction they are moving towards.

I just played a game against a feral who moved in this manner. I wanted to report him but upon armorying him it became fairly obvious he is a casual player in ruthless gear who is simply not fantastic at pvp. In short it is unlikely that he cares enough about PvP to be intentionally glitching. Therefore I think more often than not it is a bug, but your input is welcome...

I wonder if any steps are taken in 5.0 to fix this.
Reply Quote
He is not hacking. Feral's run speed can make them appear like they are hacking/glitching from your POV due to latency issues from your end or their end.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I've seen the legit version plenty of times, the hack one is just !@#$%^- obvious as they're seemingly 20 feet away from you at all times and still hitting you.
Reply Quote
3 Undead Mage
08/16/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Dreaux
He is not hacking. Feral's run speed can make them appear like they are hacking/glitching from your POV due to latency issues from your end or their end.

true, but has anyone seen this glitching with mounted speed or speed buff (on other classes)? i'd wager no.
Reply Quote
08/17/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Opopopopo
true, but has anyone seen this glitching with mounted speed or speed buff (on other classes)? i'd wager no.

If they're not simply running in a straight line, yes. Not every time, but I do see it.

Most of the time if someone mounts up, they're trying to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, not get behind you while you in turn are trying to get behind them or maintain front facing. That means their direction is probably not changing all that much, and the positional prediction is reasonably accurate.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I see people saying it's the run speed combined with lagg or the run speed combined with the fast strafing back and forth.

So tell me why these players only start to "teleport" for lack of a better term when you engage them in combat, because I see ferals and rogues running around outside SW all the time making crazy fast strafing movements and they arent teleporting around then. only when they start to duel somebody.
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Druid
its obv everyone knows its being done just like duping vials and crimson deathchargers, the ppl that defend it or exuse it as anything but what it is, are in denial or do it themselves and dont want to lose the advantage

not suggesting anyone try it but you can youtube lag macros ect and find a gazzillion was to do what the op discribes

btw I was defending bs and watched a druid ride his mount up the flat wall between lm and bs litterally straight up the frigging wall I said in /bg that dude is hacking and everyone not at bs laughed it off and said it was prob lag
Edited by Lysseth on 8/17/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
my favorite is when a DK is able to jump back, per the hunter skill.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
stealth + dash + pounce = feral moves so fast it starts to bend time-space continuum thus appearing to be everywhere while being nowhere
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]