Twinks of ALL levels

80 Worgen Hunter
What are the good brackets to twink in?
Reply Quote
39 Tauren Paladin
It depends on what you are looking for.

19's, 20-24, and 70's all have daily games.

29's, 39's, and 49's have scheduled game nights a couple of nights a week (6pm for the first two brackets, 7pm for 49's). In general the games are better in these brackets. Some people are making toons for all three of these brackets and there is a good community.

19's and 20-24 are infested by hunters.

19's are also infested by premades.

70's will be less bursty due to the ease at which resilience gear is obtained, but conversely there are two classes (mage and rogue) which will burst you down in a couple of hits. You also generally need some Sunwell gear to be complete and that requires some help.

So, if you're looking for quality gameplay, go 29-39-49.

If you want super fast queue times, go 20-24.

If you like to farm people, go 20-24.

If you like more buttons, daily games, and the occasional good game, you can try 70's.
Reply Quote
39 Human Paladin
29 39 49 best bracket eu/us
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Hunter
Thanks for the actual quality response. I was mainly wondering if I should spend time twinking a 70 or 80.

BTW : I have a 19, 24, 29, and 39. Just trying to find something to do while I'm at school. Since I go out and frat often I don't have to wait around for scheduled games.
Edited by Gabooze on 8/16/2012 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
It depends on what you are looking for.

19's, 20-24, and 70's all have daily games.

29's, 39's, and 49's have scheduled game nights a couple of nights a week (6pm for the first two brackets, 7pm for 49's). In general the games are better in these brackets. Some people are making toons for all three of these brackets and there is a good community.

19's and 20-24 are infested by hunters.

19's are also infested by premades.

70's will be less bursty due to the ease at which resilience gear is obtained, but conversely there are two classes (mage and rogue) which will burst you down in a couple of hits. You also generally need some Sunwell gear to be complete and that requires some help.

So, if you're looking for quality gameplay, go 29-39-49.

If you want super fast queue times, go 20-24.

If you like to farm people, go 20-24.

If you like more buttons, daily games, and the occasional good game, you can try 70's.
Wheres the love for the 80's?
Reply Quote
I really don't see the point of levelling all the way to 80 and then stopping when you're just 3 abilities short of cap. What's the point?
Reply Quote
08/16/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Imperialan
70's will be less bursty

i hope that was a joke
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Hunter
^ I'm guessing he felt they weren't mentioning. My debate was between a 70 or 80 since I have an 80 DK.
Reply Quote
39 Tauren Paladin
08/16/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Imperialan
70's will be less bursty due to the ease at which resilience gear is obtained, but conversely there are two classes (mage and rogue) which will burst you down in a couple of hits.

Read.
Reply Quote
39 Tauren Paladin
80-84 is probably the worst pvp bracket that has ever existed.

Also, lots of waiting.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
08/16/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Synqtpi
70's will be less bursty

i hope that was a joke
19/24 hunters are a joke.
Reply Quote
39 Dwarf Hunter
if you wish to speak with me you know where to find me =]
Reply Quote
49 Draenei Shaman
08/16/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Gabooze
^ I'm guessing he felt they weren't mentioning. My debate was between a 70 or 80 since I have an 80 DK.

Given your time constraints, I recommend 70-74. Each bracket has pros and cons, but if you're looking for quantity without completely sacrificing quality, 70-74 has your game.

08/16/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Athôs
I really don't see the point of levelling all the way to 80 and then stopping when you're just 3 abilities short of cap. What's the point?

I actually like the 80-84 bracket a lot, and pops are regular, but slow (20 mins on average for me). The high burst really keeps you on your toes, though the bracket does suffer from seeing a lot of undergeared participation.

Playing in an XP-off bracket isn't about what you get, but who you play with. Most players end up at 85, while those who stay at 80 have a greater chance of choosing that route. Players who choose where they want to go tend to bring greater skill and fun to battlegrounds then players who find themselves where they are.
Reply Quote
24 Goblin Priest
20-24 is currently garbage due to full hunter teams

Next patch may be hilarious though. Initial findings conclude that holy paladins / boomkins >>>>>>> hunters. So should be interesting
Reply Quote
39 Tauren Paladin
20-24 is currently garbage due to full hunter teams

Next patch may be hilarious though. Initial findings conclude that holy paladins / boomkins >>>>>>> hunters. So should be interesting

Well Explosive Shot will no longer be viable. Aimed Shot will come close to one-shotting people.
Reply Quote
19 Dwarf Shaman
I'll always love 19s and 29s. Every other bracket doesn't interest me much.

This is just my opinion, don't just make a 19 because people tell you to, you might hate it.. do your pros and cons
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warrior
@Smitelicious not sure which patch but with my garbage Pally I had I was able to to one shot people with BOA gear and my Pally didn't even have a single piece it was with my Holy Pally but I think they fixed it already. LoL had fun making Twinks run from me with no BOA gear...
Reply Quote
80 Undead Death Knight
NECROOOOOOO

And 80s died in a sea of hellfire and MoP gear.

Don't level into it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]