Halaa farming

90 Troll Mage
So if you were at Halaa on 8/17, that was a decent bit of world PvP, but rather more importantly, it got both sides a bunch of the battle tokens for the mounts. You killed us, we killed you and everybody won.

If there is any interest in doing that semi-regularly (or for about 63 more HKs at least) that'd be great because it was considerably more fun than running around between 3 different cap points in Tol Barad and fun mounts are no bad thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They occur more often then you'd probably think :X Except last time the battle swayed in favor of the Alliance. Twas' a good bout though (yesterday that is).

The most effective way to purposefully cause the Halaa PvP conflicts however is to make sure to have WorldDefense enabled. It's a Blizzard channel in-game that combines all LocalDefense Channels into one. Great for any active World PvPer looking for something to do. All that's required is to type:

/join WorldDefense

How though, this usually leads to the conflict is if the Alliance owns Halaa and a Horde player begins killing guards then (albeit) "some" Alliance begin heading to Halaa. The Horde (depends on the player) can then opt to try to find more people, then the push begins were both factions invite more in an attempt to overpower the other. Note: This can start via either side attacking Halaa.

I'm sure most of this isn't news to you Fimb (in fact, I'm pretty sure you already have WorldDefense on), the explanation of each part is mostly for people who don't have WorldDefense enabled/are not aware of Halaa.

Also, Hello Fimb!
  • And yes, yesterday was fun, if not also painstakingly ehhh... distressing- finding people was tough, hehe. Out of honest curiosity, I would like to know how many people you guys manage to accumulate; by the end I was estimating somewhere around/above 35; or do I overestimate :X?
  • Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    08/17/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Katey
    Out of honest curiosity, I would like to know how many people you guys manage to accumulate; by the end I was estimating somewhere around/above 35; or do I overestimate :X?

Most we had in group was around 30ish, but the most actually attacking in Halaa was probably closer to 20 I'd guess - lots of afk'ers in Org or the people who logged out but stayed in group.

I think we had about 5 more overall but you lot had more healers so I was surprised we won that engagement anyway. I was also sorry to see Devin log - I like my fried (boom)chicken.
    Edited by Fimbulvinter on 8/17/2012 10:45 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Death Knight
    They occur more often then you'd probably think :X Except last time the battle swayed in favor of the Alliance. Twas' a good bout though (yesterday that is).

The most effective way to purposefully cause the Halaa PvP conflicts however is to make sure to have WorldDefense enabled. It's a Blizzard channel in-game that combines all LocalDefense Channels into one. Great for any active World PvPer looking for something to do. All that's required is to type:

/join WorldDefense

How though, this usually leads to the conflict is if the Alliance owns Halaa and a Horde player begins killing guards then (albeit) "some" Alliance begin heading to Halaa. The Horde (depends on the player) can then opt to try to find more people, then the push begins were both factions invite more in an attempt to overpower the other. Note: This can start via either side attacking Halaa.

I'm sure most of this isn't news to you Fimb (in fact, I'm pretty sure you already have WorldDefense on), the explanation of each part is mostly for people who don't have WorldDefense enabled/are not aware of Halaa.

Also, Hello Fimb!
  • And yes, yesterday was fun, if not also painstakingly ehhh... distressing- finding people was tough, hehe. Out of honest curiosity, I would like to know how many people you guys manage to accumulate; by the end I was estimating somewhere around/above 35; or do I overestimate :X?
  • Hi. I'll be seeing you today.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    <-----big katey fan

duck
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    Kate why you so eun?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]