WPVP in Mop

100 Human Mage
The other major problem is population. They could easily solve this by combining servers with opposite ratios. SC is i think 5:1 Horde to Ally ratio and there are tons of other servers that are 5:1 Ally to Horde and yet the obvious solution of combining the server's isn't done for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/18/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Wyndoor
The other major problem is population. They could easily solve this by combining servers with opposite ratios. SC is i think 5:1 Horde to Ally ratio and there are tons of other servers that are 5:1 Ally to Horde and yet the obvious solution of combining the server's isn't done for whatever reason.

Agreed, but not as easy as you think. Blizzard know there are server imbalances and low pop servers. But simply fixing it with the wave of a magic wand isn't going to happen easily.

Generally, PvP servers are Horde dominated and PvE servers are Alliance dominated. Sure, there are exceptions to that, but it's usually right.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Your just saying that because your name is chaos lol No but seriously combining servers is a great idea but i just think they will never do it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Wyndoor
Dungeon Summong Stones - self explanatory this was before flying mounts/mass summon ruined it.

Now THAT made me nostalgic. My absolute favorite was the stone outside of DTK, I would go out there for a little trouble whether I was going to run the heroic or not.

I like a lot of your ideas, Wyndoor, here's one of my own that I think you would enjoy.

On a PvP server, hit level cap, automatically perma-flagged. Contested zones should be exactly what they are now, but in terms of cities and the like (except of course sanctuaries), I don't think anyone below cap really wants to run to town and get 1 shot. Therefor, once you're at cap and capable of either defending yourself or can evade with at least mild success...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I see alot of names I've been ganked by in this thread :) Evening Horde of Skullcrusher :P I have to say, I agree with most of this thread. I agree 100% that players on a PvP Realm, level 85, should be flagged regardelss of where you are, save Sancutuaries. Only because by sheer definition, there are only what, 2, 3? I think taht Low Levels should have some sort of protection. I think guards should exsist, but only in relation to the level zone. (Level 30 zone, level 35 guards max, etc). I think the only place a guard should pose a serious threat toa player is in Capitol Citys. The Elite Guards surounding the leaders, etc.

Alot of really great points here, Blizzard, from Alliance and Horde. Most of the posters see one another ona daily basis, and either die from, or kill, lol. Sure would be nice if it at least SEEMED liked our points were considered.

(btw, whoever ganked my pally in TB about 30 min ago, Hydra, lol nice. I was on my buddy's system, showing him all the new things, and saw you guys "Watch this, I got this, they cant kill me, I'm the only plate-wearing healer in the game!" Me, being the hot-head that I am, decided not to listen to my buddy, "I don't know, they look like they will eat your face". Lol I lasted what, 10 sec lol, if that? He says "Yep, you sure showed them!" lol gg guys :P)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

On a PvP server, hit level cap, automatically perma-flagged. Contested zones should be exactly what they are now, but in terms of cities and the like (except of course sanctuaries), I don't think anyone below cap really wants to run to town and get 1 shot. Therefor, once you're at cap and capable of either defending yourself or can evade with at least mild success...

Yep that would work nicely the only addition i would say is that there are no more sanctuaries for max levels. The horde/alliance territories should only effect low levels imo.
Reply Quote
Maybe since inevitably we get people that whine about being ganked and whatnot they just give us a 3rd option. Pve server, pvp server, and harcore pvp server. (obviously not actually called hardcore) but a server where there really isnt such protective rules....you know one in which the gloves are off and its really open war between the two factions. That server would likely attract all the serious pvpers and lead to some fun, no? You would have a good population and it would kind of be a way around all the things hampering world pvp because the people on that server would likely be there for that reason. Also you would have no crying from the pve people OR the casual pvp players. I dunno just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, the only issue is that there are people on SC because of their friends. While I enjoy watching over my shoulders, some people simply don't. That's the main reason I mention sanctuaries staying off limits (also due to RP/Lore respects, even though we aren't an RP server). There's only Dalaran, Shattrath, and there will be a new sanctuary in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
Dalaran probably wont be a sanctuary for Horde anymore. I heard with te coming war the Kirkin Tor will no longer be neutral because one of them gets wasted in Theramore. If they go Alliance (which they are doing) It wouldnt make much sense for the Horde to still be in Dalaran. Right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/07/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Vormag
Dalaran probably wont be a sanctuary for Horde anymore. I heard with te coming war the Kirkin Tor will no longer be neutral because one of them gets wasted in Theramore. If they go Alliance (which they are doing) It wouldnt make much sense for the Horde to still be in Dalaran. Right?

I highly doubt that's the way Blizzard will play it. They love Horde too much to just kick them out of something without giving them about six or seven things in return, and that takes quite a bit of development time away from making us more raid content. Raid content good. Reforming Northrend bad.

If anything, Jaina will just be a neutral NPC. They love taking all the Alliance lore figures and making them neutral carebears. It's like their newest hobby while on the clock.

Horde get Garrosh and Sylvanas. Alliance get...Tyrande and Malfurion. Yay. : /
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
09/21/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Fenixdown

Garrosh and Sylvana suck though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/23/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Wafers

At least they're doing stuff. And not neutrally neutered.

Cwutididthar? :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Even Prince Anduin will become neutral questgiver, THE PRINCE! Ahah Lorewise (wich I enjoy alot unlike alot of people) I mean, Malfurion, Anduin, Rhonin, Kadgar, who's next? Better not be Turalyon or I'll go berserk! xD
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
09/23/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Fenixdown

At least they're doing stuff. And not neutrally neutered.

Cwutididthar? :P

Don't you talk about my Dark Lady like that, my banshee queen is the greatest.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Hunter
It's been fun.

Been seeing the Alliance giving it back to us as good as they get most of the time.

Fun times.
Reply Quote
It's been fun.

Been seeing the Alliance giving it back to us as good as they get most of the time.

Fun times.

True! So far the story has been great. Not as much war between the factions as i thought there would be but so far what has been there has been good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]