Apple vs. Samsung

90 Human Death Knight
Since one of the things Apple is alleging in its lawsuit is that Samsung is using a grid pattern with button icons and that such a thing belongs only to Apple.... how come Microsoft doesnt sue Apple? If you look at Windows 95 you can clearly see a rectangular shaped screen with button icons. Something tells me that maybe Apple didn't invent it?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
IBM should sue both Apple & Mircosoft.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think there was a court case between Xerox and Apple. Xerox either lost or settled out of court. Apple and Microsoft have also sued each other over the GUI. That was also settled out of court where among other things Microsoft agreed to buy Apple stock giving Apple money to kill off some Apple cloners and save itself from bankruptcy. I think the court did rule at one point that you could not patent the "look" of a computer interface. However; Apple seems to want to try the same case again, only this time suing not for a computers look but a cell phones. Small variation. In the end the only ones to really win will be the lawyers and the ones to pay will be the consumers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Apple lives off law suits, never liked their products, they use cheap hardware and their O.S. is just too bland. Apple will never never never sue big companies, they are going for the smaller subsets such as Samsung. This is because Samsung phones run on Google. Apple is getting greedy Samsung is doing an amazing job with their phones and stepping it up their designs. I have always used Samsung phones and always will. Favorite phones by them, Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/22/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Duracells
Apple lives off law suits, never liked their products, they use cheap hardware and their O.S. is just too bland. Apple will never never never sue big companies, they are going for the smaller subsets such as Samsung. This is because Samsung phones run on Google. Apple is getting greedy Samsung is doing an amazing job with their phones and stepping it up their designs. I have always used Samsung phones and always will. Favorite phones by them, Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3.

you can blame windows vista for apple being popular
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
... Aaaaannnnndddd apple owns any technology that are rectangles with rounded edges.

Hopefully the appellate judge will see reason.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Apple has always done this.

They swiped their operating system ideas from the xerox parc. Man, it would be great to own one of those. They then proceeded to sue Microsoft for making "Windows."

Apple is VERY GREEDY about any competition. They do more to crush such competition, than IBM and Microsoft ever did combined. Meanwhile, they've always acted like they were the underdog and those guys are "big brother" (for you kids, IBM used to be a "player" in personal computers...)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]