How much gold do you have?

100 Night Elf Druid
Probably around 120K across all my major characters. I haven't really had any motivation to earn more for quite some time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
i have 350g on all my characters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
how the !@#$ do people earn so much gold.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I stay steady at around 20k. There isn't much I can't buy, I'm never hindered in any way, it's easy to accumulate if you try. But I'm exceptionally lazy and unmotivated so I just never bothered to go much past 20k.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
08/17/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Youguy
how the !@#$ do people earn so much gold.

Playing the game, AHing BoEs, and not falling for every gold sink that comes along.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I sent all my gold to this char before i xfered to the PTR and I have 3k. If you have full epic gems, full enchants and 310% flying, who gives a !@#$ if you have hundreds of thousands? And it's obvious that 9/10ths of the people out there didn't actually earn their 100k gold.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
before I quit back in the beginning of cata.... I think I had something like 150k. I gave it all away to my friends and now I have maybe like 15k all together.

I never really needed gold. Only thing I spent money on was... maybe enchanting mats if I didn't have any on my enchanter?
Reply Quote
45 Troll Rogue
KA
08/18/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Saje
I sent all my gold to this char before i xfered to the PTR and I have 3k. If you have full epic gems, full enchants and 310% flying, who gives a !@#$ if you have hundreds of thousands? And it's obvious that 9/10ths of the people out there didn't actually earn their 100k gold.

How did they not earn it? If you have the time and know how to play the AH its VERY doable. Some people are also just savers by nature. I'm 34....make about 60k a year...yet have 5 times that in savings just because its something that is important to me instead of wasting money on crap.

To each their own.
Edited by Merkat on 8/18/2012 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/18/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Merkat

How did they not earn it? If you have the time and know how to play the AH its VERY doable. Some people are also just savers by nature. I'm 34....make about 60k a year...yet have 5 times that in savings just because its something that is important to me instead of wasting money on crap.

To each their own.

Tons of people buy gold nowadays. Blizzard has definitely stopped cracking down on it as hard lately.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/16/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Chansey
Only if you really only play one character. Alts cost a ton of money if you gear up all of their specs in pve and pvp.

I have 8 85s, and I have 400k. They're all 380 or better. Two are over 400, 2 are over 390, and 4 are 380+.

If you have a lot of alts you have a lot of professions and that makes you self sufficient, you find a lot of stuff to sell for high prices, and leveling is actually a good chunk of gold.

Edit: And once again I don't try to make gold. The most effort I put into making gold is by running multiple toons through dungeons and making the ~100g you get for the gold off of completing the dungeon, and the vendoring after it. I do a couple sales periodically too.
Edited by Bubblenrun on 8/19/2012 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
3 85s, about 50k across all characters. I don't play the AH, but I do run a LOT of dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
How bout this, it's none of your business how much gold i have. You're not gonna hack me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
maybe 1k at most, tho i dont get much considering most of my gold comes from questing...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
46s, 2c.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i've got around 100k. i made a ton of money when epic gems were released. I also did quite well with jewelcrafting until the market on my server completely crashed.

i have five 85's, two of which i play with any regularity. those two have 310% flying, the others all have 280%. I also have a traveler's tundra mammoth. other than that i dont just buy stuff because i have the funds.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
This is my highest level horde alt on illidan, i make 10kg a day

bought 2 people 525 engineering yesterday, bought full jade for my alliance dk, i've made 250k total since i've made this alt on illidan, and this month i've made 232kg, and in the last week i've made 60kg, and I'm in the process of acquiring Muradin's Favor for my alliance rogue.

on hyjal, i currently have the raw mats for 50 vial of the sands, 50k whiptails im milling, and im sitting on literally 5 guild banks of mats, and 9 bank alts filled with items aswell, waiting to be sold in mists and 50kg >.>

...oh and 7 maxed alchimists, 3 maxed engineers, 1 maxed(with all glyphs) inscriptionist, 2 max enchanters, 1 maxed jcer, one maxed BSer and a cow druid for herbing :)

oh, and 280% flyingx10, 320% flying x3

If this response doesnt say plz hack me I dont know what does.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
08/16/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Neros
This has nothing to do with damage dealing.

Think about it: the most efficient way to get gold is to be level capped. To get level capped, you have to kill stuff. To kill stuff, you have to deal damage.

Boom.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Im at about 600k at the moment, with the most ive owned being at around 750k or so. I bought a couple of things that lowered that down. I earned most of this gold in the past 6 months by just simply playing the auction house, crafting materials or mounts, and reselling them. Quite easy actually. I expect to be gold cap 2 weeks after launch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]