Let's talk Disney

90 Blood Elf Warlock
After watching the MoP trailer I kind of had a silly moment. So topic time.

scenario:

"Hm. That human looks like Tarzans dad from the disney movie"

*ten minutes later of watching Tarzan clips* "What the crap!? I didn't even like this movie when I was a kid!"

Could still sing most of the songs just from my childhood. And I say the trailer is Disneyesque as a compliment. I'm not saying it's super kiddie. Neither is Disney in some cases. ( *coughhunchbackofnotredame* )

You guys have any favorite songs from Disney? Just those songs that if you heard them now, you'd probably start singing along just because it's engraved into your memory? Ouch run on sentence. But you get the idea.
Reply Quote
16 Human Priest
08/16/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Rosenivy
You guys have any favorite songs from Disney?

Golden Afternoon, in Alice in Wonderland.

That's probably my favourite disney movie in terms of music. But then, I haven't seen a lot of disney movies since I was really young. I should get on that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
All of the songs from Mulan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/16/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Kiv
Golden Afternoon, in Alice in Wonderland.

Oh pardon me oh misters three why must you paint them red?

Yeah I know not the same song but I read "alice in wonderland" and had a knee jerk reaction. It was either this or sing Jabberwocky
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Jungle Book easily. ❤❤❤❤❤

Bear Necessities:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

Elephants:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQQZuLru9s

And of course the monkeys:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEEPaYD5KZE
Edited by ßoysßoysßoys on 8/16/2012 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
♪ HI- HO ♪ its home from work we go ♪

bestest Dwarf song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qG2A9EN5T4&feature=fvwrel

edit: added youtube link

This offends me :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You guys have any favorite songs from Disney?

The original The Lion King soundtrack. Not the new and improved one when they rereleased it on DVD.

And now I really want to watch The Lion King. That movie was so badass.

"Hm. That human looks like Tarzans dad from the disney movie"

I object! He's just a younger Mr. Gibbs from Pirates of the Caribbean. :3
Edited by Verelyse on 8/16/2012 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Lion King is not "kiddie" not by today's standard.

3-4yr old me, I loved the hell out of that movie.

20yr old me seeing it in the theatre in 3D (loved it) most of the kids 6 & younger were TERRIFIED of the movie.

One kid was taken out of the theatre during Be Prepared because it was too scary.

Hell, Disney also includes Darby O'Gil & the Little People.

Which, has the banshee. :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The Lion King is not "kiddie" not by today's standard.

3-4yr old me, I loved the hell out of that movie.

20yr old me seeing it in the theatre in 3D (loved it) most of the kids 6 & younger were TERRIFIED of the movie.

One kid was taken out of the theatre during Be Prepared because it was too scary.

Hell, Disney also includes Darby O'Gil & the Little People.

Which, has the banshee. :P

Noticed the same thing when I went. YES I WENT TO SEE THE LION KING IN 3D!

So many kids crying and screaming, especially when the hyenas showed up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I saw it in theaters. I got so mad when crying children were disturbing Mufasa's death. The stampede spooked them. So the moment was kind of ruined.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Noticed the same thing when I went. YES I WENT TO SEE THE LION KING IN 3D!

So many kids crying and screaming, especially when the hyenas showed up.

Sad, ain't it?

When I was little I'd be jumping on the sofa, singing along.

I loved villains as a kid, still do.

At least my nephews aren't afraid of it. They also love the Lion King movies.
Reply Quote
Two words:

BE PREPARED!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I never cared much for songs in musicals but I always loved the incantation part in Ursula's "Poor Unfortunate Souls"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
And of course the monkeys:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEEPaYD5KZE

By far my favorite disney song.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/17/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Nyteshadè
I never cared much for songs in musicals but I always loved the incantation part in Ursula's "Poor Unfortunate Souls"

Body language :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh wow I didn't list my own favorites:

Be Prepared: ( Lion King ) Diva scar mane is fun to watch. Also my friends always make me laugh like the hyenas at the start. Rather odd talent I have if you get me laughing.

Why Should I Worry? : ( Oliver and Company ) *NERD MOMENT* I keep picturing my Troll shaman singing this when my female Pandaren gets into Orgrimmar. He'd cheat her out of a deal then do this routing the Orgrimmar version.

Stand Out: ( A Goofy Movie ) CHILDHOOD NOSTALGIA IN PURE FORM.

I'll Make a Man Out of You: ( Mulan ) It's just one of those songs you can start singing with your friends. And chances are they'd sing along. Like the Power Rangers music or Pokemon theme.

I See the Light: ( Tangled ) I have never seen this movie so I'll have to explain why I like it. I RP from time to time. And my friend showed me this song as something our characters would sing. And it was adorable.

Friends on the Other Side: ( Princess and the Frog ) I love a good Villain song. Also it cracks me up that's Goliath/Commander Anderson singing.

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride: ( Lilo and Stitch ) Stitch you cute little bugger.

Just ones off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I forgot some

Reflection: ( Mulan ) Okay time for personal time. I don't honestly know my sexuality yet. I know it sounds weird. Just go with me. I honestly think I'm just asexual. But the lyrics to this song seemed to ring a little extra for me. YES I KNOW, this isn't really what the song is about. So I'd rather avoid the "stop making everything about gays" argument. Thank you. The good thing about Disney songs. Sometimes they react to people differently. That's all.

Hellfire: ( Hunchback of Notre Damn ) Now THAT'S a villain song.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]