Let's talk Disney

100 Night Elf Druid
<-----

Yeah
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
ohhh disney was my childhood! My favorite is Lion King, i did see the re-release and i was happy! luckily i only went after a few weeks after it was crowded, there were some kids, but they didnt cry when the hyenahs appeared.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/23/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Dirona
ohhh disney was my childhood! My favorite is Lion King, i did see the re-release and i was happy! luckily i only went after a few weeks after it was crowded, there were some kids, but they didnt cry when the hyenahs appeared.

Lucky you. Crying children nearly killed the experience for me. I tend to be a nice person in real life. Crying children/babies makes me flip my lid.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Two words:

BE PREPARED!

scar: BE PREPARED!
illidan stormrage: YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
scar: HUH?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
08/21/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Anacrusis
The Lion King is my least favorite disney movie

"GASP"
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
After watching the MoP trailer I kind of had a silly moment. So topic time.

scenario:

"Hm. That human looks like Tarzans dad from the disney movie"
*ten minutes later of watching Tarzan clips* "What the crap!? I didn't even like this movie when I was a kid!"

hey i liked tarzan as a kid!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHmcHA8xxAU&feature=related

Just something for fun. "Stand Out" from Goofy Movie. Chances are your childhood would explode hearing this again. It has that effect on me.

God I remember I had a crush on Max when I was a kid when he played Powerline.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/23/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Dirona

Tarzan was weird for me. I was used to death somewhat in kids movies. Raised on Don Bluth films. I shouldn't have been shocked.

The idea of a baby gorilla being killed and eaten scared me when I watched it as a kid though.

Also when Clayton gets hung by vines. That was oddly disturbing even for disney.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

Tarzan was weird for me. I was used to death somewhat in kids movies. Raised on Don Bluth films. I shouldn't have been shocked.

The idea of a baby gorilla being killed and eaten scared me when I watched it as a kid though.

Also when Clayton gets hung by vines. That was oddly disturbing even for disney.

how old were you?

i was 5-4 when i saw it, when i saw the death scenes i actually was like "whoah, it just only a flash and every one is sad, and there's sad music" i didnt know the leopard was eating the baby gorilla, i thought it abducted it. And i didnt see claytons sillohoute when he was hanged until i was 11. when i was younger i thought clayton has fell off, then being grapped by the vine, then the knife fell on him.
Edited by Dirona on 8/23/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/23/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Dirona
how old were you?

Around 9. The movie came out in 1999 so I was 9.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/16/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Bullettime
All of the songs from Mulan.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I always fast-forwarded through Be Prepared as a kid since it freaked me out, now it's one of my favourite Disney songs of all time. Go figure =P

Most Aladdin songs, most Lion King songs, most...freakin'...Just Disney songs, man. So many gems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/23/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Rosenivy

"even for disney"

I've seen enough disney 'toons to know that disney is nothing but disturbing... & catchy songs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've seen enough disney 'toons to know that disney is nothing but disturbing... & catchy songs.

Eh true but not every kid knows about the super weird stuff growing up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
08/24/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Killercaitie

"even for disney"

so what about scar being ripped apart by hyenahs, or ursula being impaled by a boat tip?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
08/25/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Dirona

"even for disney"

so what about scar being ripped apart by hyenahs, or ursula being impaled by a boat tip?

I was thinking of that random guy being whipped in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Also, Ursula freakin' scared me when I was little. I loved her villainess, but when she grew, I ran out of the room.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/25/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Barathos
Also, Ursula freakin' scared me when I was little. I loved her villainess, but when she grew, I ran out of the room.

yeah I remember being scared of her reaction to being impaled.

It was like the shoe in Roger Rabbit. I'd fast forward that part or walk out of the room to avoid seeing it. I was a kid I didn't know how tv's worked then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]