All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

90 Night Elf Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6994738

"With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?"

Ok that's pretty cool Blizzard.Great way to get more people to try out all the races and hopefully stay subscribed.
Edited by Pandorä on 8/16/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
For a laugh, check the MMO-Champion forums.

There are literally like 50 people asking. "So I get to make a pandarien hunter on august 28th when 5.0.4 comes out"

It's not quest text. Slow down and actually read it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I love it, means those of us that want to race change can get that out of the way before the rush to Pandaria. :3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
There are literally like 50 people asking. "So I get to make a pandarien hunter on august 28th when 5.0.4 comes out"

You have to admit the ambiguity in the writing, however:

Sentence #1: With the patch, ALL races will be available to play even if you don't have the expac.

Sentence #2: "This includes the enigmatic pandaren....."

So #1 "includes" the pandaren. But it doesn't, until after Sept.25.
Edited by Skedew on 8/16/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/16/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Novagosa
So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?

lol. This is what I mean.

Look dude, actually read it.

It says that come the new patch. ANYONE. Can play any race. Monk's and Pandarens will become availible on sept 28th.

They are referring to people that only own vanilla WoW, or BC WoW. That if you create a new account. You can play ANY race.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
08/16/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Limbah
That if you create a new account. You can play ANY race.

I am very excited about this part :) I have a second account that I don't want to upgrade and now I will be able to play Gobs and Pandas (on 9/25) on it :)

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I would assume not, and same for Death Knights.
Reply Quote
For a laugh, check the MMO-Champion forums.

LOL...they put the part about Sept 25th in bold white to stand out now :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Remove Class + Race restrictions please!! You would make a ton of $$ :O
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Aww, I liked my interpretation better. :(

Oh well, still a cool change.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is genius and awesome and good and wonderful and a whole bunch more of good adjectives. So glad this is happening!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
This is great but how will starting areas be handled?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
08/16/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Justus

No.
Blizzard's following lore as it's intended to be. and for obvious things along as well.
I mean, come on. Pandaren Druids?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
08/16/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Justus

They'd lose money. People wouldn't buy expansions if they removed class restrictions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So does this mean we are getting our 11th character slot too?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
You're specifically talking about character creation. How will this affect paid race changes? Will I be able to race change to Pandaren on my existing shaman on August 28th or do I have to wait until September 25th?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]