100 Worgen Rogue
08/16/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Justus
Remove Class + Race restrictions please!! You would make a ton of $$ :O

Gnome Palladin
Tauren Rogue
Worgen Monk (???)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
One more step down the path to where WoW is pure pablum for the new comers.

When you start to make everything available, and everything easier, to everyone, with no effort or cost involved, you follow in the footsteps of Everquest.

I don't understand how making all races available to start makes anything easier...

Please someone explain the logic?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hey Zarhym, question for ya since you seem to be monitoring this thread. If I preorder my race change, then change to a Panda on the 25th, will that disqualify me for every realm first? Or just Realm first Pandaren? Or will it even disqualify me?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Ok I got a question for Zarhym.

A RAF friend and I have been working hard in my current guild to get the "Stay Classy" guild achivement. With Guild tabards we should be able to get that final Classy achievement the day the 5.0.4 patch hits.

My question is this: Will the guild achievements be updated when the 5.0.4 patch hits and include the Pandaren Race? or Will the guild achievements be held off being updated until sept 25th when the Pandaren race is available?

Im concerned because we put in soooo much work trying to get the achievement done that it would feel like a huge kick in the rear to say "awwww sorry, sooooo close"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So... Will I be able to race change my hunter to Pandaren the day MoP is released? D:
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Hey Zarhym, question for ya since you seem to be monitoring this thread. If I preorder my race change, then change to a Panda on the 25th, will that disqualify me for every realm first? Or just Realm first Pandaren? Or will it even disqualify me?

I think they removed racial realm firsts.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

You're specifically talking about character creation. How will this affect paid race changes? Will I be able to race change to Pandaren on my existing shaman on August 28th or do I have to wait until September 25th?

Pandaren characters will be locked until Mists of Pandaria is released. You won't be able to create one. You won't be able to change an existing character into one.

A little bummed, but it's only a month. Thank you, sir.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/16/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Stoutlager

That is possible, I haven't been following every realm first achievement that's available very closely
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/16/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Stoutlager

Correct. There are no realm first achievements for races.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Zarhym, another quick question for you. Will the 11th character slot be available on aug 28th or sept 25th
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Now just allow all races to play all classes and we're perfect ...

Don't lie. You want to see Blood Elf Druids. With beautiful shiny blonde pelts and candy apple red claw polish.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
08/16/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Zarhym
, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

wow thats a great move! most games wont let you play a race without the expansion pack. i am sure that will make new players who want to try goblins, worgens and pandas and dont have the expansions for em.

2 thumbs up on this great idea!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
If we have MoP pre ordered, will non Pandaren monks be available to create on patch day? Or will they be unlocked on mop release day?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What about trial accounts? Just looking for clarification, since nothing said so far has mentioned them specifically.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/16/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Deathfish
Zarhym, another quick question for you. Will the 11th character slot be available on aug 28th or sept 25th

I'm curious about this too, because on the PTR you can make an 11th character on each realm, but they had mentioned before that it was an expansion feature.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
08/16/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Woldon
That is a good change and all, but when do we finally get Gnome Hunters? Only race without them, and Goblins are the same size.

That would bring me back to Alliance!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Zarhym
No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

This part aside, does this mean a person could make a Pandaren of another class ready to play as of September 25th?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]