All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

90 Goblin Death Knight
One more step down the path to where WoW is pure pablum for the new comers.

When you start to make everything available, and everything easier, to everyone, with no effort or cost involved, you follow in the footsteps of Everquest.

I love this game, but honestly? Blizzard is killing it with all of these unneeded, and very unwise changes.

Pablum? Unwise? You've got to be joking. It's marketing genius. Now people who have been sitting on the fence about the pandaren and the new content areas will get to see a small part of it first-hand. Then when they leave The Wandering Isle, they'll go back to the same old content and be like "Awwwwww ..."

Yeah, this isn't dumbing anything down. It's simply saying, "Here's a taste what's in store for you if you want it. And you can keep your pandaren until level 85, but you won't get to see the rest of it, of course - unless you decide you want to."

It's just smart thinking on their part.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
i would love it if you would let DKs play pandaren's i can understand if you don't want to give a pandaren level 55, but what about dks already max level who would like to pay to character switch.

i like the pandaren racials and their looks quite a bit, yet i mostly play my dk, so it sadens me to not to be able to play one for the most part.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warlock
Can you apply grantable levels to a new Monk in MoP?

So for instance my RaF friend leveled two characters that granted me 80 grantable levels, can apply all those 80 levels to a new Monk?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
i would love it if you would let DKs play pandaren's i can understand if you don't want to give a pandaren level 55, but what about dks already max level who would like to pay to character switch.

i like the pandaren racials and their looks quite a bit, yet i mostly play my dk, so it sadens me to not to be able to play one for the most part.

Pandaren DKs would make zero lore sense, even less so than worgen DKs (who don't make any lore sense either, but at least they were on Azeroth while the Lich King was on his rampage.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
When I first read this, I thought "Wow, they're making all races accessible to both Alliance AND Horde! How awesome is THAT?!". Now I am a bit saddened, but it's okay. It's a step in the right direction anyway, albeit a very vague step.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Will we get the 11th character slot at this time (Aug 28th) or with Mists on September 25th?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
08/16/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Davetheslave
No Gnome Paladins. No care.

This^

Although to be honest Gnome monks are gonna kick so much butt.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/16/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Zarhym
No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

Monks I assume will be available when MoP hits right?
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Death Knight
That

08/16/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Kanek
Remove Class + Race restrictions please!! You would make a ton of $$ :O

No.
Blizzard's following lore as it's intended to be. and for obvious things along as well.
I mean, come on. Pandaren Druids?

Goblin druids would be really funny. The internal contradictions would cause the character to implode before you ever left Kazan, then there'd be tons of complaints on the forums by people with black holes on their character selection screen.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Can you apply grantable levels to a new Monk in MoP?

So for instance my RaF friend leveled two characters that granted me 80 grantable levels, can apply all those 80 levels to a new Monk?

I would think so, they have stated that they won't be changing RAF functionality.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/232053-raf-and-monks/

Yes.

We're not making any changes to the way RaF bonuses function, which means monks won't be excluded from receiving the benefits of RaF when Mists of Pandaria is released.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Zarhym, if you're still reading this, can the free-to-play trial accounts make Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren too? I have a friend who uses one of those every now and then, and he really loves Worgen, so I'm curious.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/16/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Wêrewolf
continent of Pandaria.

isnt this where level one pandas start so u can make a panda but not play it.

The blue posts in this thread already addressed this. The starting area will be open for any player with any version of the game. They can play to level 5 or 10 or whatever in the starting zone then they are in the normal world. Do you really believe that the devs are so stupid that they would give access to the character creation screen but not actually let a person play the character?
Reply Quote
76 Orc Mage
08/16/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Aureon
I love it, means those of us that want to race change can get that out of the way before the rush to Pandaria. :3

Nope, race change to pandaren won't be accessible after a month or 2 after the release
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
One more step down the path to where WoW is pure pablum for the new comers.

When you start to make everything available, and everything easier, to everyone, with no effort or cost involved, you follow in the footsteps of Everquest.

I love this game, but honestly? Blizzard is killing it with all of these unneeded, and very unwise changes.

Pablum? Unwise? You've got to be joking. It's marketing genius. Now people who have been sitting on the fence about the pandaren and the new content areas will get to see a small part of it first-hand. Then when they leave The Wandering Isle, they'll go back to the same old content and be like "Awwwwww ..."

Yeah, this isn't dumbing anything down. It's simply saying, "Here's a taste what's in store for you if you want it. And you can keep your pandaren until level 85, but you won't get to see the rest of it, of course - unless you decide you want to."

It's just smart thinking on their part.

When I started, I really wanted to be a paladin. My husband played Horde, and there was no classic horde paladin. I was hesitant to purchase the xpacs to get to "unlock" the belfs because I had never played an MMO. This is a GREAT idea to wrangle new players into the game! They can play what they like (outside of a monk or DK) and get an actual feel of the game....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]