All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

08/16/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Arriay
It occurs to me that this would make it much easier to integrate the BE and Draenei starting zones with the rest of Azeroth.

How? Everyone already has access to it, since BC comes with the core game now.

Only if you're buying it *now.* There are still people out there who haven't bought BC, I'm sure.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
08/16/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Axordil
Only if you're buying it *now.* There are still people out there who haven't bought BC, I'm sure.

Everyone who had a vanilla only account logged in one day to find themselves with TBC added. Blizzard upgraded everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So where will you level your worgen or goblin if you don't have cata? Where will you level your pandaran if you don't have MoP?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
One more step down the path to where WoW is pure pablum for the new comers.

When you start to make everything available, and everything easier, to everyone, with no effort or cost involved, you follow in the footsteps of Everquest.

I love this game, but honestly? Blizzard is killing it with all of these unneeded, and very unwise changes.

What!?!

How is allowing ALL PLAYERS the ability to create ALL RACES making things easier!? HOW? This is a very VERY good business move on their end, and quite honestly I am happy they are doing it. Please point to me where playing one race while I play the base set is a step towards making EVERYTHING available!?

Ugh.

I just want to take the time to thank you for doing this Blizzard. I just got my mom back into playing and she wanted to make a pandaren shaman to level with our circle of friends when MoP hits, but she didn't think she would be able to get the expansion when it comes out. This will allow her to do so, and give her the time to pick it up before she hits 85.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
BWH

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

Does this mean, if you've already pre-ordered Mists of Pandaria, you'll be able to test Monks and Pandaren?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

Does this mean, if you've already pre-ordered Mists of Pandaria, you'll be able to test Monks and Pandaren?

No. You will not have access to monks or Pandaren until MoP hits. Even with pre orders.

08/16/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Nebliina
So where will you level your worgen or goblin if you don't have cata? Where will you level your pandaran if you don't have MoP?

You will still be in their starting zones. They are completely separate from other zones. It will be the same for the Pandaren as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/16/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Zarhym

I think they removed racial realm firsts.

Correct. There are no realm first achievements for races.

Not quite sure why they got rid of those. They were fun too. I guess because you could get the realm first for every race just by race changing? Player services ruins another fun part of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?

so explain this. so we can make a panda but how can u play it when the content is in the mists disk which means u can make it but can't play it? unless there is a detail i'm missing here.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Not quite sure why they got rid of those. They were fun too. I guess because you could get the realm first for every race just by race changing? Player services ruins another fun part of the game.
Well, it's a business first, so keep that in mind. But additionally, think how many people can get enjoyment from that achievement. Basically 1 per realm. By removing that and allowing anyone to change on day one, net satisfaction is increased substantially from the moment the expansion is released.

so explain this. so we can make a panda but how can u play it when the content is in the mists disk which means u can make it but can't play it? unless there is a detail i'm missing here.
If everyone has access to those races, that would likely mean that the content for those areas is baseline in the 5.0 game, regardless of your expansion level.
Edited by Kielbasa on 8/16/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
08/16/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Xaxo
srsly, shaman have been around forever. You can't tell me a human has not at all been interested in learning the secret arts of the shaman.
Interested, but perhaps incapable. Humans are intertwined with the light as priests and paladins, but not really with nature. The reason dwarves were down with shamans is because the Wildhammer clan had a history of shamanim.

Certainly the lines get blurred here, once you start wondering why we've got gnome priests but not paladins, or why forsaken can be priests but can't manipulate the light to be paladins like the blood elves do... It all gets very messy when it comes to nature, the light, and shadow.

Personally I hope we see worgen and goblin monks in the next expansion, since they decided not to mess with their already newish content this round. I always thought that a race like the worgen, that has to learn to control their bloodthirst and bestial urges, could benefit greatly from a class that must learn to channel their inner strength and energy. Maybe in 6.0...
Reply Quote
08/16/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Lysaa
So does this mean we are getting our 11th character slot too?

I'm curious about this too, 'cause if we do get our 11th slot on the 28th of this month, then I'll be reserving my future Monk's name right then and there. Presently I'm capped on the number of characters I can have on Crushridge.

Gnome monks are gonna kick so much butt.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"

I saw a Gnome Monk once on the beta. It was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. So adorable that recalling the memory of it now is making me ill with the sheer adorableness. It almost made me reconsider making a Draenei Monk.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/16/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Nebliina

People, stop jumping to the last page and asking the first question that hit's your head, read the other pages this has been answered 3 times now. This isn't a hug a dwarf thread there is actually useful stuff in here, start reading.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Obviously the pandarian starting zone will be put into the basic game files, regardless of if you have the disk or not. Really that simple to fix.

Since Pandaran start in pandaria starter zone does that mean you will start factionless in pandaria even though you don't own mop?
Yes. You will still quest in the Pandarean starting zone, factionless. Everything will be the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You have to admit the ambiguity in the writing, however:

Sentence #1: With the patch, ALL races will be available to play even if you don't have the expac.

Sentence #2: "This includes the enigmatic pandaren....."

So #1 "includes" the pandaren. But it doesn't, until after Sept.25.

No ambiguity, just people who struggle with context/are dyslexic/only read 10% of the post.

With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25.

eg: Own a wotlk account? That's ok you can still make pandas! ON SEPTEMBER 25TH
Edited by Baer on 8/16/2012 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
This is awesome, I really wish this was around though when I started, I would have been a paladin but I needed BC at the time :p.
Edited by Riposare on 8/16/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You have to admit the ambiguity in the writing, however:

Sentence #1: With the patch, ALL races will be available to play even if you don't have the expac.

Sentence #2: "This includes the enigmatic pandaren....."

So #1 "includes" the pandaren. But it doesn't, until after Sept.25.

It's extremely ambiguous if you stop reading halfway through the second sentence. The moral here: READ THE WHOLE DAMN THING.
Reply Quote
Mainly because new players are just getting the damn panda model with the old classes, the talent system and the starting area (which after lvl 10 you will not give a f*** about) and you're getting a whole new class, 85-90 lvls, an enormous new continent, hundreds of quests, new bgs, new dungeons, new raids, new equip, all to be upgraded till the new expansion kicks in in about 2 years from now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]