All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

85 Goblin Shaman
Not that it really affects ME per se, but this also works for Trial accounts? If I manage to find a friend who HASN'T played, can they try out gobs or pandas?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Does this change include the Starter Edition you get from RAF? Just wondering if I send an RAF to my friend if they can roll a Panda with me to level with on the day MoP comes out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
BOOOO~ All this and still no Tauren rogues, mages, or warlocks...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/16/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Lysaa
So does this mean we are getting our 11th character slot too?

this has been stated. so much. yes. you will.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So, lemme get this straight. Without purchasing the upgrade to MoP

I can - Roll any race, after the patch update on Aug. 28th, EXCEPT a Pandaren
I can - Roll a Pandaren beginning Sept. 25th
I can - level a Pandaren to the highest level of my currently subscribed content (Cata for me)
I can - Have all of my mounts account-wide

I cannot - Access Pandaria
I cannot - Level skills beyond my currently subscribed content
I cannot - enter raids, dungeons, or battlegrounds beyond my currently subscribed content
I cannot - level a monk
I cannot - Participate in the Pet Battle system

The roll any race kind of has no bearing on players with Cata subs, they just have to wait until MoP launch date of Sept. 25th to roll a Pandaren.

This all looks correct except for pet battles. Those, like pandaren character creation, will unlock on September 25 and be available to everyone. ;)

08/17/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Aahze
Not that it really affects ME per se, but this also works for Trial accounts? If I manage to find a friend who HASN'T played, can they try out gobs or pandas?

08/17/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Indyana
Does this change include the Starter Edition you get from RAF? Just wondering if I send an RAF to my friend if they can roll a Panda with me to level with on the day MoP comes out.

Since all of the races are being rolled into the original "brown box" -- meaning you don't need to unlock them by purchasing a specific expansion -- yes, you should be able to try out any race using a trial account.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/17/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Seraphion
If you're doing this, just let people play whatever class they want on whatever race.

What does one have to do with the other???

....and thanx Zarhym for the quick reply.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Pandorä
"With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own.

Unless you are a Druid and are limited to the same crappy couple of races because God knows in a make belief World few races can handle being Druids.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/17/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Layuth
"With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own.

Unless you are a Druid and are limited to the same crappy couple of races because God knows in a make belief World few races can handle being Druids.

I sense sarcasm, though it's probably more true than you realize. :p
Reply Quote
67 Troll Shaman

this has been stated. so much. yes. you will.

Do you have a link to an official post on this?

Edit: I have looked everywhere I can think of and have not seen any official word on this.
Edited by Mahatma on 8/18/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
08/17/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Zarhym

Panda's should be able to be druids, they already have bear form :)
Reply Quote
I would imagine that race changes would be accessible to this as well
Reply Quote
19 Human Rogue
08/16/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Lysaa

I just want to know why your avatar looks way cooler than anyone elses.
Reply Quote
19 Human Rogue
08/17/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Zarhym

I'm still not gathering why those black and white bears cant be druids. They are closer to being druid then Trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yes all races can be made come the next patch...

But will we be able to create more than 10 characters per realm? On my main real I have 10 classes filled... would like a monk without having to put an existing toon in the gy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]