All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

85 Night Elf Hunter
Might I go over this ACCOUNT WIDE term ??

Do you really mean your server not really your account? As I would like to transfer/make available my current mounts between factions and servers ON MY ACCOUNT ONLY.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

I sense sarcasm, though it's probably more true than you realize. :p

I'm still not gathering why those black and white bears cant be druids. They are closer to being druid then Trolls.

Only in the sense that they are furry. Lore is lore, and if you bothered to read up, you'd understand why it doesnt work out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/17/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Zarhym

Unless you are a Druid and are limited to the same crappy couple of races because God knows in a make belief World few races can handle being Druids.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! i so want to be a druid.. and my choices r Tauren and Troll ;/ no just no..

Plz make at least 1 more Horde race viable for druids PLZ!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

So we wont have access to the continent of Pandaria? So if you stay with cata for a minute and make a pandaren where do you start?
Edited by Prôctor on 8/21/2012 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/16/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Åzazel
Remove Class + Race restrictions please!! You would make a ton of $$ :O

UNDEAD DR00Ds FTW BABY!!!!!!
the ONE class i want and cant have.

You honestly have to think.. They would not be making more money. Think about all the money they make on their books.. This would completely go against Lore and therefore make their novels pointless. Oh yeah it's a great story but in no way has anything to do with the game. I have read all the books thus far and enjoy the game 100x's more. Cleared up a lot for me since I started playing when WotLK came out. When I heard they were releasing the Well of Eternity dungeon I was stoked because I knew the Lore. I knew the history of what happened and what made it relevant. I enjoyed the dungeon and appreciated it a lot more. If they did not have anything to go by (Lore) they would be throwing a lot of things in that would make no since. Shapeshifting undead... no sense. Pandas.. shapeshifting.. no sense.. Now the Monks.. especially being introduced with the Pandaren. OH YEAH! The Pandaren have always been around.. but like said " whats worth fighting for " .. They are the original monks. Teaching some of the other races how to be monks as well.
Reply Quote
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

So we wont have access to the continent of Pandaria? So if you stay with cata for a minute and make a pandaren where do you start?

The Wandering Isle is not in Pandaria. It is seperate. You will still start and the Pandaren starting area. After completing the starter area you will be put back into the older content level appropriate. Restrictions will come in depending on your current expac. Pandaria is an entire new continent for levels 85-90. So if you do not purchase MoP you will not be able to go to Pandaria, create a Monk or level to 90.
Reply Quote

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! i so want to be a druid.. and my choices r Tauren and Troll ;/ no just no..

Who else could you imagine being a druid? Druids are very natural and humble beings. Thus being Tauren and Trolls.

-Orcs.. no. they are more of a hand to hand in the middle of the fight up in your face brutes. No connection to nature. They are more shamanistic if not warrior type. They have a connection with the elements.. but not with nature itself, being tress, plants and all life forms.
-Undead... they are dead.... need i say more.
-Blood Elves.. they definitely have no connection to nature. They are magic hungry, self absorbed beings.
-Goblins... greedy and deceitful little buggers....

If they made any more of the CURRENT Horde races able to be druids, it would go against all Lore. Pandas are the monks. Introducing the monk class to the world. In Lore they will not be able to be druids either. It will have to take an entire new race or a huge swing in Lore for this to change for any of the Horde. and honestly.. Trolls and Tauren are the coolest druids by far in the game.. imo.
Reply Quote
08/17/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Layuth
"With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own.

Unless you are a Druid and are limited to the same crappy couple of races because God knows in a make belief World few races can handle being Druids.

Please oh please pick up the World of Warcraft books. The Lore of Druids are very indepth and complex. Not every race "Can handle being Druids". Believe me. Pick up the books. Understand the history of the events in the game. You will have a new respect for all you experience and plenty of explanations for your interactions in game. Because it is absolutely impossible for them to roll al the Lore into the game.. For example.. the pre patch event.. Bombing of Theramore... they will not be able to reveal all the Lore within the game.. It will take months of quests. Instead.. there is a book. Jaina Proudmoore : Tides of War. Blizz says " Tides of War raises the stakes between the Alliance and Horde and sets the stage for World of Warcraft’s newest game expansion, Mists of Pandaria. "
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it'S me or the pandaren are not eligible to play right now ????
Edited by Atrick on 9/1/2012 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/01/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Atrick
it'S me or the pandaren are not eligible to play right now ????

You can't create a Pandaren until Mists of Pandaria launches.

08/16/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Zarhym
And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
08/17/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Zarhym

If humans could have been druids, I'd have moved from my D2/LOD druid to a WoW druid. They couldn't so I didn't.

Still, I like having fewer classes per race rather than more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?

Ahhh Zarhym, spoken like a true politician. You should get into politics or better yet... a lawyer! ;)
Edited by Stârk on 9/1/2012 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Who else could you imagine being a druid? Druids are very natural and humble beings. Thus being Tauren and Trolls.

-Orcs.. no. they are more of a hand to hand in the middle of the fight up in your face brutes. No connection to nature. They are more shamanistic if not warrior type. They have a connection with the elements.. but not with nature itself, being tress, plants and all life forms.
-Undead... they are dead.... need i say more.
-Blood Elves.. they definitely have no connection to nature. They are magic hungry, self absorbed beings.
-Goblins... greedy and deceitful little buggers....

If they made any more of the CURRENT Horde races able to be druids, it would go against all Lore. Pandas are the monks. Introducing the monk class to the world. In Lore they will not be able to be druids either. It will have to take an entire new race or a huge swing in Lore for this to change for any of the Horde. and honestly.. Trolls and Tauren are the coolest druids by far in the game.. imo.

Just a few to debunk you. Undead can be priest, I mean how much ironic can you be my friend. Blood Elves have no connection with nature?? They are the biggest tree huggers in this game. No pun on the "tree". Orcs are magical already, ya I kinda see your part on the brute strength. But I think go ahead and make Belf and Undead Druids for Horde and for Alliance make Humans Druids - why not, we are very diverse people, and lets make Draeni druids. lol
Reply Quote
25 Human Priest

Unless you are healing, you're gonna be a cat, bear, or giant owl-bear anyway...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
All I ask is to finally take out all the crap bugs in the worgen starting area. I still remember all the horrors it gave me. Couldn't even finish the map of Gilneas, had to restart several quests, including the very long Battle for Gilneas City, over 4 times! So much else happened too, too numerous to name here, but you get the idea. If you want new players to experience this, then good luck, you'll only make them want to leave WoW before going beyond.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Fast Question relating to this:

If I pay for a race change the day of the 24th so that when launch happens I can race change to a Pandaren, how bogged do you think the system will be? Like, do you think I'll be locked out due to some sort of stressed out problem for a week while I wait for CS to fix it? Not sayin' ya'll wouldn't fix it asap! I'm just trying to weigh risk of race change vs getting raiding when the gates open like my guild plans and totally understand CS will be slammed right at launch with very much more important things than my race change going wrong (if it even happens). :D
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Hunter
Hey guys, Just Wondering if The World Of Warcraft could make race changing free due to alot of people dont like being a certain RaCe

Just please think about it? =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
you won't be able to make a monk, you will actually need to upgrade to MOP to do so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]