Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I'm looking to relocate my times in Wow to another realm, and I've done the research before and found a really great realm (Blackhand) years back in the beginning of WotLK. Now I wanna start over on another realm, and roll preferably Alliance from level 1, and over a year or so of poking threads and google, I've heard a lot of good about Executus. A few questions I wanted to ask if anyone has the time to answer are:
1. How's the community? Which is better? Horde or Alliance?
2. Economy? (This doesn't matter very much though)
3. Are there any great leveling guilds out there? Level 25 and huge with the chat logs always full? I heard somewhere that Executus was just a bunch of high end raiding guilds.
That's all, please respond
1) Horde is better (in terms of population and progression, at least based on this past expansion, dates back a lot further than that though). The community has been dwindling for a long time, and we <Ropetown> have been #1 for as long as we have been on the realm (we are no longer raiding 25 man come MoP, and haven't yet figured out what raiding plans there are if any, so all of that could change). I'd post more about how Horde is better than Alliance, but it'd be a bunch of BS. Both factions suck pretty bad at the present moment, and there's not much to be said if you exclude raid progression. There's like one team in glad range on either faction, and RBGs don't exist here anymore. It's easy to find pugs and stuff on either faction (allegedly), but the quality of those is hit or miss.
2) The economy is pretty awful (at least in comparison to high pop realms such as Tichondrius and Kel'thuzad, the only 2 high pop realms i bothered to check out), but that has more to do with where we are in the expansion. Through out Cataclysm and WotLK the economy was pretty stable and had usual patterns you'd find anywhere. Some items were more expensive for longer stretches than others, but in all, it was OK.
3) As far as a levelling guild goes, there really aren't too many. Most guilds raid (at least in some capacity) but there are some guilds that have people levelling in them a lot, and you probably wouldn't have trouble finding somewhere friendly to level up, especially if you have experience in the game, and can make friends easily.
Hope this was helpful, I've been on Executus most of the time I've played, and have played both factions here.
There's room for friendly, knowledgeable people anywhere, hopefully you're one of those!
i love Executus, its been my home for 6 years (was on Black Dragon flight) when i started. but at the current time.
Ally side, econmys gettign down right MIA, pugs are def hit and miss.
but it is the point where theres no content to really do, its end of a Xpack, Summer time(well end of summer time), and lil over a month till the new Xpack.
in past tho at start of a new Xpack, Executus is ALOT OF FUN to play on. but at the same time least on my friends list, many players have left the server that ive known for 2-3 years.
Compared to other realms I have played Alliance on, I have found the people on Executus to be friendly, easygoing people. Some family members and I wanted to re-roll on a new realm in the summer of '10 before Cata came out. I was in charge of researching and picking a realm. I was looking for several things
1) Mid to High population
2) PvP realm
3) Slight Alliance population disadvantage. We all like being the underdogs on whatever realm we play on, but not to the point where we never win. It makes the victories sweeter in our opinion :)
4) Regularly in top 50 raid progression as a realm.
And Voila, we chose this realm. Haven't regretted it for a moment. Truth be told all realms have downsides and on any realm forum it is rare to hear universal praise of a realm because everyone has the "grass must be greener" mentality.
Edited by Mjurtann on 8/18/2012 4:07 PM PDT
I have definitely enjoyed Executus and I've come from both a low and high pop server. The number of people on both sides isn't terrible, but I would love to see more competition on raiding progression like it used to be in early WOTLK.
Executus is dead. I won't leave because its my home, but the sad truth is that its golden years are over.
Sad but true :(
But man you took me back to all out wars on IQD, skettis/ogrila skirmishes and all around fun raiding towns and cities. Rivalries that were a PITA but still fun. This realm used to be something and I think its what I still cling to as opposed to transferring like everyone I know...
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.