How great of a realm is Executus?

85 Night Elf Rogue
I'm looking to relocate my times in Wow to another realm, and I've done the research before and found a really great realm (Blackhand) years back in the beginning of WotLK. Now I wanna start over on another realm, and roll preferably Alliance from level 1, and over a year or so of poking threads and google, I've heard a lot of good about Executus. A few questions I wanted to ask if anyone has the time to answer are:
1. How's the community? Which is better? Horde or Alliance?
2. Economy? (This doesn't matter very much though)
3. Are there any great leveling guilds out there? Level 25 and huge with the chat logs always full? I heard somewhere that Executus was just a bunch of high end raiding guilds.

That's all, please respond
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1) Horde is better (in terms of population and progression, at least based on this past expansion, dates back a lot further than that though). The community has been dwindling for a long time, and we <Ropetown> have been #1 for as long as we have been on the realm (we are no longer raiding 25 man come MoP, and haven't yet figured out what raiding plans there are if any, so all of that could change). I'd post more about how Horde is better than Alliance, but it'd be a bunch of BS. Both factions suck pretty bad at the present moment, and there's not much to be said if you exclude raid progression. There's like one team in glad range on either faction, and RBGs don't exist here anymore. It's easy to find pugs and stuff on either faction (allegedly), but the quality of those is hit or miss.

2) The economy is pretty awful (at least in comparison to high pop realms such as Tichondrius and Kel'thuzad, the only 2 high pop realms i bothered to check out), but that has more to do with where we are in the expansion. Through out Cataclysm and WotLK the economy was pretty stable and had usual patterns you'd find anywhere. Some items were more expensive for longer stretches than others, but in all, it was OK.

3) As far as a levelling guild goes, there really aren't too many. Most guilds raid (at least in some capacity) but there are some guilds that have people levelling in them a lot, and you probably wouldn't have trouble finding somewhere friendly to level up, especially if you have experience in the game, and can make friends easily.

Hope this was helpful, I've been on Executus most of the time I've played, and have played both factions here.

There's room for friendly, knowledgeable people anywhere, hopefully you're one of those!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks! I've actually dabbled into the Alliance side a little and found a nice leveling guild and have had a pretty good time so far
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i love Executus, its been my home for 6 years (was on Black Dragon flight) when i started. but at the current time.

Ally side, econmys gettign down right MIA, pugs are def hit and miss.

but it is the point where theres no content to really do, its end of a Xpack, Summer time(well end of summer time), and lil over a month till the new Xpack.

in past tho at start of a new Xpack, Executus is ALOT OF FUN to play on. but at the same time least on my friends list, many players have left the server that ive known for 2-3 years.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Would it be alright if you introduced me to your guild or something of the sort to get me settled in?
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Rogue
Compared to other realms I have played Alliance on, I have found the people on Executus to be friendly, easygoing people. Some family members and I wanted to re-roll on a new realm in the summer of '10 before Cata came out. I was in charge of researching and picking a realm. I was looking for several things
1) Mid to High population
2) PvP realm
3) Slight Alliance population disadvantage. We all like being the underdogs on whatever realm we play on, but not to the point where we never win. It makes the victories sweeter in our opinion :)
4) Regularly in top 50 raid progression as a realm.

And Voila, we chose this realm. Haven't regretted it for a moment. Truth be told all realms have downsides and on any realm forum it is rare to hear universal praise of a realm because everyone has the "grass must be greener" mentality.
Edited by Mjurtann on 8/18/2012 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
This is great, only the third realm on WoW I've ever truly liked
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Executus bump
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
GoA
Executus rocks now!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Making a bit of a comeback
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I love this server, it is my first and i hope it will be my last.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I have definitely enjoyed Executus and I've come from both a low and high pop server. The number of people on both sides isn't terrible, but I would love to see more competition on raiding progression like it used to be in early WOTLK.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I heard somewhere that Executus was just a bunch of high end raiding guilds.

I lol'd. Best troll
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I think everyone on the realm is waiting for the next instance to be released, seeing as everyone has cleared heroic versions of every boss available.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It's Executus or gamequit.

Executus or GTFO 4 Life
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Only one real choice.

Questions?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7PPm0d2Jw
Edited by Gardener on 1/3/2013 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so dead
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Executus is dead. I won't leave because its my home, but the sad truth is that its golden years are over.
No more PvP on the island, ganking at skettis, seeing opposite faction people you knew and hated

:(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Executus is dead. I won't leave because its my home, but the sad truth is that its golden years are over.
No more PvP on the island, ganking at skettis, seeing opposite faction people you knew and hated

:(

Sad but true :(

But man you took me back to all out wars on IQD, skettis/ogrila skirmishes and all around fun raiding towns and cities. Rivalries that were a PITA but still fun. This realm used to be something and I think its what I still cling to as opposed to transferring like everyone I know...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]