100 Human Paladin
Also having this issue:

Samsung Galaxy s3
US Cellular
Android version 4.1.2
Armory version 5.2.1
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Happened again. That is either 4 or 5 times now. This is getting out of hand...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ok, I literally just changed my password, logged into the app successfully, looks at my sold auctions and hit "Claim Gold" where it prompted me to enter my password again, and then threw the account locked error after I entered the password.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Ok, I literally just changed my password, logged into the app successfully, looks at my sold auctions and hit "Claim Gold" where it prompted me to enter my password again, and then threw the account locked error after I entered the password.

Just to confirm the order of events, you did NOT log into the game before logging into mobile, after the password reset? You went straight into the app after resetting the password?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
If you are Battle.net Secure Locked while using the Mobile Armory, please return to the Mobile Armory directly after a password reset. Do not log into WoW, our websites, or any other Blizzard Entertainment login until after unlocking and returning to the Mobile Armory. This will help prevent the re-lock after a password reset.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Just to confirm the order of events, you did NOT log into the game before logging into mobile, after the password reset? You went straight into the app after resetting the password?

That is correct, I went straight to the mobile app. I was actually at work so I did not have access to the game :)
Reply Quote
I've been getting the same issue lately. I've had two resets in the last two days. The first time, I was logging into the app with the current password at the time. As soon as I attempted to begin a selling auction, my account was locked for suspicious activity. I had the password reset and while I was at it, I had my email changed. I was home at that point so I logged into WoW and didn't bother with the app again until tonight. I tried again and my account got locked again. I reset my password again but I must have been logged into the site or something because my account got locked again. That's the second time today and three times in the last three days.
I reset it again, and like you advised others in this thread. did not log into anything else. I was able to sucessfully start two auctions for this character using the app.

Hope this helps fix the bug.

Carrier: Straight Talk through T-Mobile
Device Model: ZTE-990G (Merit)
Android OS Version:2.3.5
Mobile Armory Version: 5.2.2
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman
This is happened to me now twice when trying to use this application. Just unprofessional and lazy of blizzard to still have this issue. It is inconvenient and has now rendered this game as "no longer worth it." Time to stop counting your money and work on quality, not the quantity.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Has happened to me 3 or 4 times. The wonderful fellows that answered my support made it seem like it was all my fault, there's nothing to be done about it, it's "working as intended". That BS excuse made me cancel my other sub and stop transferring my toons to my new server. (GJ Tech support guy that's 55 bucks a pop)

Anyhow apparently the authenticator will magically make this not happen, and you don't have to authenticate everyvtime (I doubt it but maybe I'll give it a shot) it was also said I should be using the SMS protect so that I can unlock my account when it locks. Seemed to get pissed when I said it was just a workaround for a problem that should be fixed.

Anyhow, if you use the SMS protect you might not have to deal with the oh so professional people that respond to those tickets. Who knows maybe the authenticator isn't as horrible as it used to be.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We've posted a solution on our Customer Support forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8729062836
Reply Quote
I tried the solutions above and they still don't work. I got my account locked again.

Logging in on my Samsung is really difficult. I've only been able to log in a hand full of times. I've reset my password at least 6 times now. That's when I can actually make a connection to the server.

It really sucks this is happening I really like the AH app. If it wasn't for the constant bugs, it would be a really awesome application to have. At the moment though its rather useless.
Edited by Mig on 5/5/2013 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Hunter
One item I noticed is that if I use my home or external WiFi connection, this issue occurs.

If I turn off Wifi on my iPhone 4 running IOS 5, this does not happen.

Is there a link (I have searched but my SearchFoo fails me) on how to setup a FW or Cable/DSL modem to work with the Mobile Armory App?

I am aware of port 8780 needs to be opened from Internal Network to Public Network, and I have the Service Definition as both TCP and UDP. How does the communication work? Is it just TCP with a TCP connection from Client to Server? Or does UDP come into play here where a FW or Cable/DSL modem might not setup the Listener properly for the return UDP traffic?

Guess I should fire up tcpdump on my FW and see what is really going on, of course that will break my login (AGAIN) which is really APITA.

Also to note (and thanks to the Blue folks) the solution given above worked on my ASUS T300 Tablet running Jelly Bean, it appears to have worked (failed login, locked account, unlocked account on the Device that locked it, then logged in immediately via the APP on the Tablet and it works [at least for now]) But I have only tried it once so far. I mainly use my iphone because i'm out and about travelling on Business and the iPhone is always connected, the tablet has to wait till I get home or a hotel.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I tried the solutions above and they still don't work. I got my account locked again.

Logging in on my Samsung is really difficult. I've only been able to log in a hand full of times. I've reset my password at least 6 times now. That's when I can actually make a connection to the server.

It really sucks this is happening I really like the AH app. If it wasn't for the constant bugs, it would be a really awesome application to have. At the moment though its rather useless.

If you're on the go, and you have a list of WiFi hotspots saved on your device, the IP changes as you go from network to network may cause access pattern issues. But this is all case by case.

I cannot confirm this as what you're experiencing, but it's another potential reason. You may wish to forget some WiFi hotspots in your Settings.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I tried all the solutions listed and were not able to get the fix.

I run the Armory on IPad Mini / version 6.1.3

I just got rid of the app...it was a nuisance to have to reset my password twice in 10 mins.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Still happening to me. I'm not on the go, just sitting at my desk, at work. Not logging into game, just using my phone. I can reset my password and then try to jump right back into the AH and it locks again.

I'm running the Android version Mobile Armory Update 5.2.2 on a Samsung SGH-I997
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I only use the Remote AH app to check the status of my auctions. I then usually log in to the game to conduct any transactions. Whenever I log in to the Remote AH and then try to log in to the game, I find my account locked, "suspicious activity". This has happened multiple times over the last couple of weeks, ever since I updated my Remote AH app (Iphone 4). I get the locked out message when logging into the game. I have reset my password and the logged in to the game successfully. The next time I use the remote app, I get locked out when trying to access the game. Over and over and over. This sucks.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I only use the Remote AH app to check the status of my auctions. I then usually log in to the game to conduct any transactions. Whenever I log in to the Remote AH and then try to log in to the game, I find my account locked, "suspicious activity". This has happened multiple times over the last couple of weeks, ever since I updated my Remote AH app (Iphone 4). I get the locked out message when logging into the game. I have reset my password and the logged in to the game successfully. The next time I use the remote app, I get locked out when trying to access the game. Over and over and over. This sucks.

Have you read through our support response on this matter?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8729062836
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Hello, I tried to log into wow armory at 4pm central time 8/20/13. I tried 3 times each time my account was locked. I have an iphone5, all software up to date. I was on LTE (non wifi settings). I have had this issues with a previous phone my iphone4. I was then on 4G (non wifi settings). I deleted the app and reinstalled just in case, the problem is still there. I even connected to my home wifi to test the app, thinking it was a possible IP problem (I can log on easily with my home laptop which is also under the same wifi.) I recieve this.. "account locked due to suspicios activity, this account has been locked. A message has been sent to this account's email address containing details on how to resolve this issue. Imput website address here.) No one uses my phone other than me and no one uses my wow account other than me.) No matter what internet i am on, no matter which phone i use, i unlock my account only to have it locked again from my app. I have had this issue for a few months now and I have been trying to read along seeing if the issue would stop, and it hasn't. Please help me. I make all my gold via the auction house when I'm at work. :) Thank you for your time, I do appreciate it.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hello, I tried to log into wow armory at 4pm central time 8/20/13. I tried 3 times each time my account was locked. I have an iphone5, all software up to date. I was on LTE (non wifi settings). I have had this issues with a previous phone my iphone4. I was then on 4G (non wifi settings). I deleted the app and reinstalled just in case, the problem is still there. I even connected to my home wifi to test the app, thinking it was a possible IP problem (I can log on easily with my home laptop which is also under the same wifi.) I recieve this.. "account locked due to suspicios activity, this account has been locked. A message has been sent to this account's email address containing details on how to resolve this issue. Imput website address here.) No one uses my phone other than me and no one uses my wow account other than me.) No matter what internet i am on, no matter which phone i use, i unlock my account only to have it locked again from my app. I have had this issue for a few months now and I have been trying to read along seeing if the issue would stop, and it hasn't. Please help me. I make all my gold via the auction house when I'm at work. :) Thank you for your time, I do appreciate it.

Have you followed our recommended steps for preventing account locks? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8729062836
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]