Camping for Karoma

100 Blood Elf Hunter
I was having quite a few questions about camping for Karoma. This is the most camping I have ever done for a Spirit Beast/Rare Spawn pet. I normally get lucky and find the pets on my third or first try. I guess I'm not used to waiting this long for an awesome wolf. I just tamed red Madexx, on my server the red one is normally dead or already tamed by an alliance hunter. I was hoping that my luck from taming red Madexx would still be around so hopefully I could tame Karoma just a few minutes later. My question is where I should camp for Karoma. I would think that it is the spawn location east of Bloodgulch because Karoma's dot on my minimap is red and all the beasts there are yellow. But I have not seen any screenshots of Karoma being tamed over there. I would think camping at the area between the CoC and the forest part south would be a nice area. I am always afraid that Karoma will be taken away from me by some other person who kills it, thinking it'll drop a BoE blue or think there is an achievement. I'm already aware of the respawn timers and spawn points. I don't use Npcscan so staring at grass drives me insane and I get headaches alot. I had give my camping spot for Karoma to other hunters since I have quite a few spirit beasts already. They always end up with Karoma or stumble into Sambas(I already have). I didn't know about the wolves a few expacs ago. I normally go BM when soloing dungeons so my Spirit beats are always in use. Well, I think thats enough, I would like to hear what you all say about camping for Karoma.

P.S, I use a macro so I don't just fly around and look for him on the ground.

*Please only respond if you have personal experience, please don't tell me when you tamed it today*
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have only seen Karoma up (and alive) twice, and both were over by Crushblow. The first time I saw it was on this toon farming Twilight Jasmine, and I immediately switched to my hunter for the tame. The second time was when I was questing on an alt, and I just put up a tell in General, but didn't check to see if anyone tamed/killed it or not. Although it may be harder to pick up out of the hostile mobs in the area, there is a lot less traffic there, most people don't quest that far into the zone, so Karoma may stay up longer when he spawns there.

Over by Bloodgulch, you will have more people traveling through, farming Guppies and Jasmine, or doing the Bloodgulch/Thundermar quest chains on alts.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah I have seen lots of screenshots of Karoma, some by the CoC and near Crushblow. I have also seen 3 Alliance hunters taming Karoma before I can beat them to the wolf. My flying is slow and I go over all of the spawn points and spam my macro. I hope bad luck isn't coming after me, just to take my future Karoma away from me. I was on the floor rolling around and screaming because someone killed Karoma in front of me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Just tamed Karoma at 11:25 after doing a quick lap. Very happy. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Wow..On my hunter back in Cata everytime i went over there i saw Karoma :D my luck..
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
year old thread
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Im usually pretty good with Spirit Beasts, but I have every day looked for him and nup nothing.. :(
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Just tamed Karoma between Crushblow and Dunwald Riuns. :-)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Does this thing come up in google search results or something?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
have been camping for 8 hours and still nothing and anyone help me
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
I camped out for him over by crushblow for 12 hours straight and never caught a glimpse of him however I have seen him 6 times 2 by crushblow and 4 times by the alliance fortress. IF you want Karoma bad enough you will get him
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]